Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

First time celebrate birthday! And also celebrate birthday in Disney! Newbie to order cake. Small question, if you order cake to send to ADR dinner, and if the cake is not finished, can the restaurant boxed the leftover ?

We only have 3 people, and have ADR
On crystal palace for dinner, my friend plan to order me a cake, maybe the Mickey head cake. And then another friend is treating us for dessert party after dinner. That will be plenty of eating in one night, Since we are going to dessert party shortly after dinner, I don’t think any of us will watch too much Mickey cake. Maybe save it for next day breakfast. Is Mickey Mouse cake will melt or need keep refrigerated ? Don’t know if the restaurant willing to put the leftover cake in a box for us to take on the go.

13th Anniversary Haunted Mansion mini cake. Vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream wrapped in HM wallpaper printed on chocolate fondant. Tree, bats and hitchhiking ghosts were solid chocolate, tombstones were fondant and “dirt” was crushed OreosIt was beautiful and delicious!! Made by GF pastry team and delivered to Kona, total cost was $72 (charged at time order was placed).

40731A3B-A306-4F33-BFA1-9737F8F9D82C.jpeg

264345AF-2DD2-4C13-AF73-E6D1E446F38D.jpeg

(Sorry pics are sideways!!! I can’t fix them!)

@Cluelyss Here you go! Thanks for sharing!

Haunted%20Mansion%20Mini%20Cake%201_zpsbjjrzhhu.jpeg

Haunted%20Mansion%20Mini%20Cake%202_zpspmcnvhiv.jpeg

First time celebrate birthday! And also celebrate birthday in Disney! Newbie to order cake. Small question, if you order cake to send to ADR dinner, and if the cake is not finished, can the restaurant boxed the leftover ?

We only have 3 people, and have ADR
On crystal palace for dinner, my friend plan to order me a cake, maybe the Mickey head cake. And then another friend is treating us for dessert party after dinner. That will be plenty of eating in one night, Since we are going to dessert party shortly after dinner, I don’t think any of us will watch too much Mickey cake. Maybe save it for next day breakfast. Is Mickey Mouse cake will melt or need keep refrigerated ? Don’t know if the restaurant willing to put the leftover cake in a box for us to take on the go.

Yes. The restaurant will box up the leftover cake for you. The Mickey head cake should be refrigerated because it has mousse in it, but even an air conditioned locker is better than nothing.

13th Anniversary Haunted Mansion mini cake. Vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream wrapped in HM wallpaper printed on chocolate fondant. Tree, bats and hitchhiking ghosts were solid chocolate, tombstones were fondant and “dirt” was crushed OreosIt was beautiful and delicious!! Made by GF pastry team and delivered to Kona, total cost was $72 (charged at time order was placed).
That is the most adorable cake I've seen in a while!! Love it!! 😍

View attachment 443957

View attachment 443958

(Sorry pics are sideways!!! I can’t fix them!)

Love the 3D hitchhiking ghosts! We were only given a 2D edible image option when we got our HM cake. Yours is awesome!

Does anyone know which baker to contact for a custom cake to be delivered at POR Riverside? It'll be Sugar Rush themed aka Vanellope? I thought about having it delivered to Boma's but I don't want to lug it around afterward. TIA

Does anyone know which baker to contact for a custom cake to be delivered at POR Riverside? It'll be Sugar Rush themed aka Vanellope? I thought about having it delivered to Boma's but I don't want to lug it around afterward. TIA
From the 1st page
Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside* 407-934-5824
See BoardWalk Inn for options. Place order through Port Orleans at 407-934-5824 and pick up cake at food court or restaurant.

Can you get something other than cake? Like cheesecake or pumpkin pie? My brother in law doesn't eat cake. Haven't booked resturant yet, so can go some place that can. Thanks!

Can you get something other than cake? Like cheesecake or pumpkin pie? My brother in law doesn't eat cake. Haven't booked resturant yet, so can go some place that can. Thanks!

Usually, no. But one of the more accommodating Deluxe resorts, like Yacht & Beach Club, might be willing to help you out, so give them a call at the number in Post #2.

One cake order placed successfully, one in the works.

Cake #1, Attempt #1: Maleficent inspired cake for a 9th birthday. Tried to order this for Wilderness Lodge (lunch at Whispering Creek). Couldn't get horns, only a 2D image so I decided to try Yacht & Beach Club. Now this was just speaking with Jane. She said she'd have to email the Contemporary and do the back and forth with them. If this had been my only option, I would have pursued it more. Given we had a reservation at Ale & Compass on my son's actual birthday - and that everyone has had such great experiences with the Yacht Club bakery recently - I simply moved on.

Cake #1, Attempt #2: Same as above but called Yacht & Beach and spoke with Yamira. We chatted about the cake for a bit and she was writing down all my details (including reservation #). I asked if I could email inspiration pictures so she gave me an email to use for Amador (I think this is the head baker - or at least the decision maker). I wanted a marble cake with the grey stuff (cookies & cream). That filling wasn't an option when we spoke but I included it in my email along with a note of what to do if that filling isn't possible. Not a deal breaker for me. I also stated that I'd like to keep to under $125 as that was the price for Cake#2. (I'd ordered Cake #2 before sending my email as I wasn't certain how that would go and I could have switched cake 2 to another place served by Y&B if needed - AoA or Toledo.)

Ordered: Maleficent inspired cake with 3D horns
Flavor: marble cake with the grey stuff (cookies & cream)
Cost: TBD but budget is $125
Update: Confirmed cake will be marble with the grey stuff filling and then a layer of chocolate buttercream under the fondant. Expecting cake to look like the one in the second (right) picture. I also added a hidden Mickey to the cake. Total price $70! I had to call with my credit card so I'm expecting to be charged in advance but forgot to confirm exactly how that will work.

Cake #2 Pirates of the Caribbean inspired cake for a 7th birthday. Called the Grand Floridian using the # from the first page and spoke with Pat. At first she seemed to be doing the standard cakes before she quickly got that I was going for something more. I led with "I'd like to order a custom, fondant covered cake." I think I could have cut to the chase a bit more if I'd added "without 2D images" or maybe "with a 3D item". IDK. Doesn't matter - we got there in the end and it didn't really take that long. I also pushed a bit on the cake flavor and she accommodated a carrot cake with cream cheese icing (I think this was an easier ask due to it being a wedding option at the GF bakery). I am trusting her description of the cake and not sending inspiration pictures. The son getting this cake isn't as hard to impress and honestly, her description sounded great. We shall see.

Ordered: Pirates of the Caribbean inspired cake with a 3D treasure chest filled with worms and gold coins.
Flavor: carrot cake with cream cheese icing
Cost: $125 (which I'm told will be added to my bill)

Last edited:
I wanted a marble cake with the grey stuff (cookies & cream). That filling wasn't an option when we spoke but I included it in my email along with a note of what to do if that filling isn't possible.
This is interesting because no one at Y&BC balked at me requesting cookies and cream filling. I even verified again when I called with my credit card # and no one indicated an issue. I'll be calling on Monday to verify pick up location on Friday (eeeek one week!) and will emphasize it again. We shall see!!

Does Boardwalk Bakery have cakes already made in a case that you can just walk in and buy right then? And not have to preorder?

• Price: $73
  • Date Received: 10/25
  • Cake info - Flavors, special requests, etc: 6" single tier vanilla cake, vanilla buttercream, cookies and cream mousse
  • IMG_2627.jpeg
IMG_2628.jpeg

IMG_2637.jpeg

Cake day came and went - so sad! This was a new process for both CSR and Y&BC because it took a bit of back and forth to figure out where and when I would get the cake. Finally I was able to get it delivered right to my sister's room (we had conjoining rooms). The CSR staff made sure it was a surprise. I chatted with them at check in and they made sure to let me know to not have any "Do Not Disturb" signs on the doors so they could get the cake in there without having to call me.

This is EXACTLY what I had in mind for the design of the cake, and kudos to the Y&BC team for pulling it off perfectly! The cake was very moist. The only setback was I thought the cookies and cream mousse would be more flavorful. I didn't get a strong chocolate/sweet flavor and it seemed a little watery to me. But then again, I'm a huge chocoholic so anything light like that is probably mostly my taste buds.

My family LOVED it and that's what was most important. There were 6 adults total but this 4-person sized cake was more than enough for us to finish it during the trip. So overall, a success!!

Are you able to get an Amorettes Signature Cake and bring it to a resort restaurant for dinner? Will they bring it out for you - or is that considered "outside food" despite being made in a Disney bakery?

So we will be in WDW for my sons 23rd bday. Has anyone had any Star Wars themed cakes made? This thread has me thinking he would love it!

Are you able to get an Amorettes Signature Cake and bring it to a resort restaurant for dinner? Will they bring it out for you - or is that considered "outside food" despite being made in a Disney bakery?

They're not going to stop you from bringing the cake in yourself, but they can't take anything into their kitchens that you give them.

Just got off the phone with Pat at the GF:

For our 5 year anniversary trip, I wanted a smaller version of our wedding cake for our dinner at 'Ohana. We were married at WDW so the GF made the cake and she was able to look up our Banquet and Event Order/Pictures so it was easy for her to see the cake right on the same call. No need to e-mail or for multiple calls. Due to the design, Pat said they couldn't do it in a mini-cake (there's just the two of us so we'll be eating cake all week...I'm not sad!)

Quoted $125: Delivery October 28, 2019 to 'Ohana - 6 inch 'tall' cake with ivory fondant with white buttercream underneath, cream and pink sugar gum flowers; yellow cake with raspberry mousse filling

She did say for Poly cakes they charge the credit card when the order is placed. I've attached a picture of our wedding cake (it was ivory fondant, the uplighting makes it look a little yellow)...we'll see how close the anniversary cake comes to it :-) I'll post a follow-up picture.View attachment 435193

Had our cake yesterday and it turned out to be amazing and delicious!

Attachments

• 0D758A63-E687-41A0-8272-9433C93AF8B8.jpeg
    0D758A63-E687-41A0-8272-9433C93AF8B8.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 307
  • 46ECB551-5D9C-48AF-9958-20D3A709C9BA.jpeg
    46ECB551-5D9C-48AF-9958-20D3A709C9BA.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 292

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!