Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

This is a picture of a speciality dessert at Jungle Skipper Canteen. My daughter loved this almost as much as the special order cake! It was only $15. Chocolate mousse in the white chocolate elephant, sugar work, plate painting, and the chocolate lave cake.

Do you just order these when you check in?

I have been calling since the first week of January to The Contemporary to order a glass slipper desert for my granddaughter and have not received a call back yet, we are under 3 weeks now, I have called at least 4/5 times.
I have been able to order the Mickey head cake for my grandson through dining, I may have to get her one too if I don't receive a call back soon.
I know she would love the slipper instead.
Frustrating.

I have been calling since the first week of January to The Contemporary to order a glass slipper desert for my granddaughter and have not received a call back yet, we are under 3 weeks now, I have called at least 4/5 times.
I have been able to order the Mickey head cake for my grandson through dining, I may have to get her one too if I don't receive a call back soon.
I know she would love the slipper instead.

Call the main number for the Contemporary and ask to be transferred to Private Dining. They will pick up immediately and take your order.

Just placed order for my 14 yr. old niece's birthday. Left a message on Friday and received a call back on Sunday that I missed. Called back today and spoke with Jane at Wilderness Lodge and she was very helpful in putting together a haunted mansion cake for me. Thanks to everyone on this thread and especially lurkyloo for all the great information.

Are the mickey dome celebration cakes that say are available at the Pop and All Stars food court usually available for same day pick up? Or do those need ordered 72 hours in advance too?

@Stasieki They should just be in the cold case. The cakes are also available on-demand at the podium of any table service restaurant.

I have called the contemporary cake line several times and left messages. One time they called me back but I missed it and called back and left another message. I even emailed them but have yet to receive a reply. I need a birthday cake for my son for February 18 and I guess it’s not going to happen

I have called the contemporary cake line several times and left messages. One time they called me back but I missed it and called back and left another message. I even emailed them but have yet to receive a reply. I need a birthday cake for my son for February 18 and I guess it’s not going to happen

Call the main number for the Contemporary and ask to be transferred to Private Dining. They can take your order. I have actually removed the email address and cake hotline number for the Contemporary in Post #2 because so many people are having problems getting hold of them that way.

Call the main number for the Contemporary and ask to be transferred to Private Dining. They can take your order. I have actually removed the email address and cake hotline number for the Contemporary in Post #2 because so many people are having problems getting hold of them that way.

Thank you. I called private dining and spoke to someone who took my information. The person I spoke with said that she couldn’t help me with cake orders and the person that could was off yesterday. But she took my information and promises to have them call me back asap.

Update: they called me back! I ordered the cake. Toy Story themed with blue and white clouds, Buzz Lightyear on the top, Jessie and Woody on the sides. Vanilla cake with white chocolate mouse. Price is $136. I will post a picture when I get back from our trip.

Last edited:
Is it possible to order cupcakes delivered to your room? We'll be staying at the Grand Floridian and would like to surprise our granddaughter on her birthday. Considered a cake, but it would be too much cake for them (I know - how is that possible!!). I noticed that Disney Florist offers cupcakes & a hat - anyone done this? Thanks

Is it possible to order cupcakes delivered to your room? We'll be staying at the Grand Floridian and would like to surprise our granddaughter on her birthday. Considered a cake, but it would be too much cake for them (I know - how is that possible!!). I noticed that Disney Florist offers cupcakes & a hat - anyone done this? Thanks
Have you considered one of the mini cakes?

Has anyone come across any Zootopia-themed cakes made at WDW? I am possibly considering this theme for a cake at Yacht & Beach Club.

I am so frustrated with a custom cake order for the Contemporary. I've called and left three messages with the Contemporary cake hotline and have not received one call back. Out of frustration I called the Contemporary this morning and asked to be transferred to private dining. The person asked me why I wanted to speak with them and I explained that I wanted to order a custom cake to be delivered for my reservation at Chef Mickey's (not the celebration cake - I told her that I want to order the custom 2-tier mini cake). She told me that I have to order that cake when I arrive for my reservation and I again told her that I did not want the celebration cake I wanted to place an order for a mini-cake. She again told me that I was wrong and said I did not need private dining that I have to order when I arrive for my reservation. So I just hung up.

*Sigh* people, I just want a cake why is this so hard?

I am so frustrated with a custom cake order for the Contemporary. I've called and left three messages with the Contemporary cake hotline and have not received one call back. Out of frustration I called the Contemporary this morning and asked to be transferred to private dining. The person asked me why I wanted to speak with them and I explained that I wanted to order a custom cake to be delivered for my reservation at Chef Mickey's (not the celebration cake - I told her that I want to order the custom 2-tier mini cake). She told me that I have to order that cake when I arrive for my reservation and I again told her that I did not want the celebration cake I wanted to place an order for a mini-cake. She again told me that I was wrong and said I did not need private dining that I have to order when I arrive for my reservation. So I just hung up.

*Sigh* people, I just want a cake why is this so hard?

I'm so sorry. It's so strange it's like they don't train the people who answer the phone on what options there are. I haven't had too much trouble so far, but have definitely read my share of these issues from others. I hope they get it cleared up for you. Sometimes you just have to keep trying until you get someone who knows what they are doing. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter