Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Just ordered a cake with Pat at the Grand Fla! Kinda nervous, kinda excited - I've only previously ordered cakes from the pastry group at YC/BC ... but I'm excited to see how it turns out!

Both of my light-up cakes were ordered for events, so my Disney Catered Events planner worked with the park pastry teams on my behalf. It's too bad BoardWalk Inn isn't willing to try this for you, but maybe the volume of cakes they do limits them. The Contemporary, the Yacht & Beach Club and the Grand Floridian are much more adventurous in their design possiblilities. Any chance you're staying or dining someplace serviced by one of them?

do u have any pics of ur light up cakes? my mind is turning with ideas regarding lights. . . do you know what kinda light up themes they do?

do u have any pics of ur light up cakes? my mind is turning with ideas regarding lights. . . do you know what kinda light up themes they do?

Disney has no set cake themes, except for a few standard wedding cakes they do. You basically have to come up with ideas and send them pictures or give them a theme and hope for the best.

Here's one that Hollywood Studios made for our Tower of Terror anniversary party

Carriatrick_Anniversary_149.jpg

Carriatrick_Anniversary_132.jpg

This is the Photoshop composite I sent:

HaywardCakeInspirationPic.jpg

And here's one Epcot made for my birthday. You can't see the light-up aspect super-well in these photos though... The light was under the center flowers.

CarriesBirthday-022.jpg

CarriesBirthday-021.jpg

My inspiration photo:

fe28ce7a-0ec8-4267-8f3f-19205d630e40.png

I've been trying to order a cake from the Contemporary, calling the Contemporary cake line at least once a week since after Thanksgiving. I did receive 1 message back from George last Sunday morning, but I've now left 6 messages with only 1 return call, still haven't spoken with a human to order my cake for January 13, and honestly, I'm getting quite frustrated.

Worst case scenario, what's the latest you can order a custom cake? I'm starting to panic because we have a large group celebrating my daughter's birthday, and I can't even get the cake ordered!

I've been trying to order a cake from the Contemporary, calling the Contemporary cake line at least once a week since after Thanksgiving. I did receive 1 message back from George last Sunday morning, but I've now left 6 messages with only 1 return call, still haven't spoken with a human to order my cake for January 13, and honestly, I'm getting quite frustrated.

Worst case scenario, what's the latest you can order a custom cake? I'm starting to panic because we have a large group celebrating my daughter's birthday, and I can't even get the cake ordered!

The closest I've done one was at YC and it was about 72 hours in advance (maybe a little more, but not much) - and it was the best cake I've ever ordered. Most others, I've done about 1-2 weeks out and even then, I didn't really speak to anyone about design or to confirm details until just a few days before delivery. I wouldn't stress - it's a really busy time of year and even if you don't hear from anyone for a more in-depth confirmation until after New Year's Day, that's still almost two weeks before you need the cake! Next time you call back, also ask if you can leave your email address for someone to contact you that way too.

It's Disney - they're not going to actively avoid taking your money for something. :rotfl2:

You need to call the main number for the Contemporary and ask to be transferred to Private Dining. Then explain that no one is calling you back and your date is coming up.

IMG_3320.jpeg IMG_3322.jpeg

I finally made the effort to get ten posts on the board to post these! 6" cake from Pat at the GF bakery, delivered to Kona Cafe. I believe it was about $106 after tax. Pat was very accommodating when I requested red velvet with cream cheese mousse; she specifically said that there was plenty of time before my order so it shouldn't be a problem. So if you're thinking of getting a cake from Pat and are concerned that she won't allow you to get the flavor you want, try ordering with a longer lead time. Mine was about three months in advance and I found her great to work with.

This is fantastic, I am looking for ideas for a small haunted mansion birthday cake for my son. The top looks like it could easily be changed to a birthday. Were the roses chocolate?

Does anyone have any pictures of cakes done at Animal Kingdom Lodge recently (last year or so)? We are going in February for my mom's birthday and thinking about surprising her with a cake, but would like to see what they are capable of and get some ideas for a theme. I've searched the threads the best I can for examples and have only found a few done at AKL.

Does anyone have any pictures of cakes done at Animal Kingdom Lodge recently (last year or so)? We are going in February for my mom's birthday and thinking about surprising her with a cake, but would like to see what they are capable of and get some ideas for a theme. I've searched the threads the best I can for examples and have only found a few done at AKL.
I am having one done in January and will report back with results!

Hello! I'm reporting back on my DD's Rapunzel cake for Dec 19th that I ordered through Contemporary. Cake was delivered to Chef Mickey's on her bday and she loved it!

It was a 6 inch cake, vanilla with custard filling (had asked for strawberry mousse. Not complaining, it was good), buttercream frosting, no fondant, pixie dusted.

Cost $113 before tax and gratuity

CAKE.jpg

You need to call the main number for the Contemporary and ask to be transferred to Private Dining. Then explain that no one is calling you back and your date is coming up.

What is the main number for the Contemporary? I'm now at 8 voicemails left in over a month with 2 weeks until I need my cake, and I STILL haven't gotten a call back!

We had this one done by the GF team, delivered to Poly. I was told it could only be 8” (I’d originally asked about a 6). YMMV with a different chef!

ETA: I believe the cost was around $80?
View attachment 370308

Thanks! That's the one I was thinking of. I'm trying to figure out where to have it though. Not sure if I could get the same thing from the BC/YC or Boardwalk bakery but those are the best options for timing for us. I'm sure the Contemporary would do it, but the day we have lunch there we are going straight to the parks so I won't be able to take the leftovers.

I wonder if they could do a 2 tier mini cake with the same sort of design? Seems like it would be easy to do.

Hi , I have a reservation at Teppan Edo in January for my daughter's 21st birthday, I phoned the cake hotline and I was advised that restaurant doesn't supply the Mickey Celebration Cake, so I've ordered a chocolate regular cake. I was phoning from the UK and I didn't really ask what it looked like etc, she took my daughter's name and I told her it was for a 21st birthday. Has anyone got any photos of what the cake looks like. Thank you .

I just came across a picture of a Zebra Dome Cake! I messaged the person on Instagram but no response yet. Anyone ever have one, I’m guessing it was custom made??

Hi , I have a reservation at Teppan Edo in January for my daughter's 21st birthday, I phoned the cake hotline and I was advised that restaurant doesn't supply the Mickey Celebration Cake, so I've ordered a chocolate regular cake. I was phoning from the UK and I didn't really ask what it looked like etc, she took my daughter's name and I told her it was for a 21st birthday. Has anyone got any photos of what the cake looks like. Thank you .

It looks something like this:

6ChocolateCelebationcakereduce.jpg

I just came across a picture of a Zebra Dome Cake! I messaged the person on Instagram but no response yet. Anyone ever have one, I’m guessing it was custom made??

The Zebra Dome Cake is a standard offering at Animal Kingdom Lodge and only available there. Complete details are in Post #2 of this thread.

Thanks! That's the one I was thinking of. I'm trying to figure out where to have it though. Not sure if I could get the same thing from the BC/YC or Boardwalk bakery but those are the best options for timing for us. I'm sure the Contemporary would do it, but the day we have lunch there we are going straight to the parks so I won't be able to take the leftovers.

I wonder if they could do a 2 tier mini cake with the same sort of design? Seems like it would be easy to do.
YMMV, but I was told no when inquiring about a mini in this design.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter