Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Hi there! First time writer, long time lurker. Just wanted to post some pics from my birthday at January. My sister ordered a cake through the GF to have with my birthday dinner at Citricos (which was fantastic -- highly recommend). I gave her some ideas, and she went for a Cinderella (2015)-themed cake that was blue with a lacy design and a LOT of glitter (it doesn't quite come through in the photos) with a fondant pumpkin atop. The writing on the plate is "Claire, have courage and be kind." The cake literally brought tears to my eyes... One of the highlights of a really fantastic trip. It cost about $60 (which was a little more than she was originally quoted). It was vanilla cake with a sort of vanilla pudding in it... Delicious! I think she initially asked about having strawberries in it but they said no. But the cake was great without them.

I haven't posted before so I can't upload photos, so here are some links (if someone with uploading capabilities wants to post the pics to the thread, please go ahead!).

https://flic.kr/p/Rxrsce
https://flic.kr/p/SHMASL
https://flic.kr/p/SHMB6G

Here are @mambo's photos and info!

32517258923_14ba07be56_z_zpstuxdv0qa.jpg

33290712846_a34cd3bcc3_z_zpsxkktxo4g.jpg

33290712096_f2f4b0a369_z_zps6vzkwcew.jpg

Hi there! First time writer, long time lurker. Just wanted to post some pics from my birthday at January. My sister ordered a cake through the GF to have with my birthday dinner at Citricos (which was fantastic -- highly recommend). I gave her some ideas, and she went for a Cinderella (2015)-themed cake that was blue with a lacy design and a LOT of glitter (it doesn't quite come through in the photos) with a fondant pumpkin atop. The writing on the plate is "Claire, have courage and be kind." The cake literally brought tears to my eyes... One of the highlights of a really fantastic trip. It cost about $60 (which was a little more than she was originally quoted). It was vanilla cake with a sort of vanilla pudding in it... Delicious! I think she initially asked about having strawberries in it but they said no. But the cake was great without them.

Anyone have experience ordering a cake for their ADR at the German Pavilion? From what I've read in some of the posts, it seems like some dining places have more customization options than others.

I'm looking to surprise my parents with a mini/small custom cake for their retirement (without breaking the bank). Any one have any photos of retirement cakes ordered through Disney? Ideas would be appreciated too! :)

Here's the cake we had made for our Tiki Dino-versary Party inside Universe of Energy's Primeval Diorama!

Carriatricks%209th%20Anniversary%20-%20083_zpsycvezbbv.jpg

Carriatricks%209th%20Anniversary%20-%20082_zpshlbpilil.jpg

Carriatricks%209th%20Anniversary%20-%20078_zpsojqcwgcn.jpg

I tried not to freak out when I realized the lava shards were slowly flopping over — you can see their progress throughout the night...

Carriatricks%209th%20Anniversary%20-%20075_zps6ut1bacb.jpg

Carriatricks%209th%20Anniversary%20-%20077_zpsjgudd9u3.jpg

Carriatricks%209th%20Anniversary%20-%20079_zpsznpuj9ys.jpg

Carriatricks%209th%20Anniversary%20-%20074_zpsr7kd8yuq.jpg

Still, Epcot did an amazing job, especially on sculpting the volcano! And I loved the look of the shards. Maybe I should have asked for a light pick behind the explosion to prop it up, like we had for our Tower of Terror Anniversary cake.
  • Date Received: 2/4/17
  • Location: Epcot's Universe of Energy Pavilion - Made by Epcot's Pastry Team
  • Price: $375 :o:duck::scared::crazy2: :sad: I know... it's ridiculous... I just really really REALLY wanted a waterfall AND an exploding volcano!
  • Cake info: Top Tier - Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting / Bottom Tier: Chocolate with layered Chocolate Ganache and Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting
  • Anything else special about that particular cake: This is the crazy-detailed Photoshop Franken-Cake inspiration picture and info I sent them. The only things they missed were the orange and fuchsia flowers, and I didn't even notice that til yesterday when I was writing my trip report. Also, the floppy lava shards were kind of a bummer.... but a funny bummer!
Ninthaversary%20Cake%20Idea_zpsfyjdjrfc.png

Here's the cake we had made for our Tiki Dino-versary Party inside Universe of Energy's Primeval Diorama!

Carriatricks%209th%20Anniversary%20-%20083_zpsycvezbbv.jpg

Carriatricks%209th%20Anniversary%20-%20082_zpshlbpilil.jpg

Carriatricks%209th%20Anniversary%20-%20078_zpsojqcwgcn.jpg

I tried not to freak out when I realized the lava shards were slowly flopping over — you can see their progress throughout the night...

Carriatricks%209th%20Anniversary%20-%20075_zps6ut1bacb.jpg

Carriatricks%209th%20Anniversary%20-%20077_zpsjgudd9u3.jpg

Carriatricks%209th%20Anniversary%20-%20079_zpsznpuj9ys.jpg

Carriatricks%209th%20Anniversary%20-%20074_zpsr7kd8yuq.jpg

Still, Epcot did an amazing job, especially on sculpting the volcano! And I loved the look of the shards. Maybe I should have asked for a light pick behind the explosion to prop it up, like we had for our Tower of Terror Anniversary cake.
  • Date Received: 2/4/17
  • Location: Epcot's Universe of Energy Pavilion - Made by Epcot's Pastry Team
  • Price: $375 :o:duck::scared::crazy2: :sad: I know... it's ridiculous... I just really really REALLY wanted a waterfall AND an exploding volcano!
  • Cake info: Top Tier - Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting / Bottom Tier: Chocolate with layered Chocolate Ganache and Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting
  • Anything else special about that particular cake: This is the crazy-detailed Photoshop Franken-Cake inspiration picture and info I sent them. The only things they missed were the orange and fuchsia flowers, and I didn't even notice that til yesterday when I was writing my trip report. Also, the floppy lava shards were kind of a bummer.... but a funny bummer!
Ninthaversary%20Cake%20Idea_zpsfyjdjrfc.png
I love all your post, and have been following this thread for a few years. I really enjoyed reading about your Tower of Terror anniversary cake. I am looking forward to going back and reading more.

We had to postpone our November trip since DD got mono and will be going this May. I originally had contacted Magic Kingdom cakes and was going to have 2 cupcakes delivered at our breakfast, one prince one for DS and a Rapunzel one for DD. I just wrote to that email address today and got an automated response that it is now a different email address. I emailed my question to them, but then thought to check here. I noticed a post that there are now specific desserts for specific MK restaurants, but then also noticed a post where someone got the cupcakes still. I'm hoping I will receive an email back that the cupcakes are still available!

Which Bakery are you all using for the custom cupcakes? 2 of my sons share the same birthday, and we will be having dinner at Ohana that night. We LOVE the bread pudding there, but aren't big cake people, so the cupcakes would be a perfect way to celebrate. TIA!
Also, do they do the Marvel characters? Like Captain America? Or strictly Disney created characters?

I just got an email back from Magic Kingdom Specialty Desserts. I really wanted to get those cupcakes... I'm so bummed! Here is the email I received...

Thank you for contacting Magic Kingdom Specialty Desserts! My apologies, but custom cakes and cupcakes are no longer available at Magic Kingdom Restaurants.

However, we do offer many enhancements that you can add onto your existing reservation at Cinderella’s Royal Table to make your celebration extra Magical!

First, we have our signature dessert. This royal dessert features a dark chocolate slipper or a white chocolate slipper, filled with a chocolate mousse. This is presented with a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse, covered with a chocolate ganache. The dessert plate can be decorated with a “Happy Birthday”, “Happy Anniversary”, or “Congratulations” chocolate piece! This dessert generally serves 1-2 guests and costs $15.00 plus tax and gratuity.

We also offer this featuring a white chocolate crown fit for a prince! This is also filled with a chocolate mousse and presented with a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse, covered with a chocolate ganache. The dessert plate can be decorated with a “Happy Birthday”, “Happy Anniversary”, or “Congratulations” chocolate piece. The cost is the same ($15.00 plus tax and gratuity).

Crown your loved one a Princess for the day with one of our crystal tiaras! Shortly after you arrive, your Royal Attendant will present a tiara adorned with crystals that a family member can place on the guest-of-honor’s head, officially crowning her a Princess for the day! We offer a 3-inch tiara for $25.00 and a 5-inch tiara for $40.00, both plus tax and gratuity.

To create a true fairy tale, we offer our Cinderella glass slipper. This will be presented after your meal on a platter of rose petals and is the perfect keepsake for your visit to Cinderella’s Castle! This costs $65.00 plus tax and gratuity.

We also offer our 6-inch round cake. This is available in either all vanilla or all chocolate and can be decorated with a “Happy Birthday”, “Happy Anniversary”, or “Congratulations” Mickey Mouse medallion. This cake generally serves up to 6 guests and costs $23.00 plus tax and gratuity.

Our Mickey Mouse head cake, which serves up to 10 guests, is in the shape of Mickey’s Head and is a chocolate cake with a dark chocolate ganache over top. This cake costs $54.00 plus tax and can be decorated with a “Happy Birthday”, “Happy Anniversary” or “Congratulations” chocolate piece!

Please note that any cake that is not enjoyed during your meal cannot be stored at the Magic Kingdom, nor can it be shipped to your resort. However we would be happy to box up any remaining cake for you to take with you.

To officially place your order, you can just respond to this email with your dining confirmation number and your order details! We do require your completed order at least 72 business hours prior to your reservation. You will receive a confirmation email once your order has been placed. Payment for any add-ons is not due until you dine with us. We are not able to accept prepayment or third party payment for our enhancements. All pricing and offerings are subject to change without notice. We are in the office Monday-Saturday 8:00am-4:00pm Eastern Standard Time. We are out of the office all day Sunday. Please allow up to 72 hours for a response.

We look forward to hearing from you soon and have a Magical day!

yikes the prices of the cakes have really gone up over the past few years...but they sure are beautiful and I am sure they tasted wonderful..:)

12182961_10153091565786781_9134066111317914160_o.jpg 098.jpg I wondered if anyone would be interested in seeing the two Disney cakes I ordered in 2008 and2015. The first is from July 2015 when we were celebrating our daughter graduating from Oxford University (we are from the UK) as a doctor. She loves Belle and she loves white chocolate so she couldn't believe her eyes when she saw the cake. This cake was delivered to The Rose and Crown where the lovely server brought it out for our dessert just as Illuminations was about to begin - magical. The second cake was delivered to the Coral Reef restaurant in August 2008 and was for my husband, when we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. Both were delicious. I have read through all the information at the start of this thread as I am hoping to arrange a birthday surprise for our next trip. The plan is that we will be eating dinner at the Be Our Guest restaurant and I see that there is an option to order a special three cupcake dessert. Is this information still current and has anyone done it? Many thanks for any replies :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I'll be staying at Wilderness Lodge and am thinking about ordering a custom cake for my stay. It'll be myself and my friend from high school so just two adults so we dont need a huge cake. BUT I would like a chocolate cake with the peanut butter filling. Should I contact Contemporary's pastry team or Wilderness Lodge?

Thanks!

Hi everyone!

I'll be staying at Wilderness Lodge and am thinking about ordering a custom cake for my stay. It'll be myself and my friend from high school so just two adults so we dont need a huge cake. BUT I would like a chocolate cake with the peanut butter filling. Should I contact Contemporary's pastry team or Wilderness Lodge?

Thanks!
Always contact the resort where you want the cake delivered.

The plan is that we will be eating dinner at the Be Our Guest restaurant and I see that there is an option to order a special three cupcake dessert. Is this information still current and has anyone done it? Many thanks for any replies :)

Thanks for sharing your cakes!

The info in the first two posts is always kept current. I updated it just... let me check... on Feb. 21! (The DIS has a nifty feature where you can see the last updated date at the bottom of the post, on the right :thumbsup2 )

Here is what the Be Our Guest special desert looks like...

Here is what i got for BOG. It was yummy! Three kinds of cupcakes, some grey stuff in a white chocolate rose...It was $15 and I ordered it several weeks ahead of time and it was delivered right to our table! My cousin loved it...

Thanks for sharing your cakes!

The info in the first two posts is always kept current. I updated it just... let me check... on Feb. 21! (The DIS has a nifty feature where you can see the last updated date at the bottom of the post, on the right :thumbsup2 )

Here is what the Be Our Guest special desert looks like...

Thank you so much for your reply :) I was very pleased with both the cakes and they tasted as good as they looked.

Hello, I'm new here but a longtime Disney fan. We have a trip planned in a few months that happens to coincide with my husband's birthday. I ordered a custom cake once before, in 2010, for my mother's birthday and it was fantastic. Hers was chocolate cake with chocolate icing and chocolate mousse filling. I was worried it was going to be "too much," but it was one of the best cakes I've ever had and everyone raved about it. That being said, my husband likes chocolate but it's not his favorite and I'm trying to plan this as a surprise. He loves angel food cake, but I don't see that as an option and I haven't had a chance to call yet when he isn't around. Also, we will be staying at GF and eating there at least once (including dinner on his actual birthday), which seemed good at first since they apparently have the most options, but it seems like folks here have had some trouble working with the team there. Should I go with a different location? I don't need any particular theming but we probably only need a 6" cake and I'd like to be able to customize the flavors. Here is our current TS dining schedule:

Day 1 (hubby's actual bday) 1900 Park Fare dinner
Day 2 Chefs de France dinner
Day 3 50s Primetime late lunch
Day 4 The Wave
Day 5 Be Our Guest

We will probably be using the dining plan, so I was thinking one of the places that doesn't seem to have really spectacular desserts so we don't miss out on those. Any advice?

Hello everyone, I am wondering if anyone has had a grumpy dwarf cake before or has any ideas for one. I am staying at the contemporary for my sons 5th birthday in may and he is obsessed with the mine train roller coaster and grumpy. I have a reservation at Chef Mickeys and am going to call the bakery there just was wondering if anyone had this theme or any ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter