Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I want to order a cake for my granddaughter's birthday the end of the month. I believe that we will want it with our dinner at Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge.
I would like to talk to someone at WDW about decorating a custom cake with an "It's A Small World" theme.
Who do I contact?
Any ideas or pictures of this type themed cake?
Thanks for any help and ideas.

You have to contact Wilderness Lodge first and then convince them to let you contact the Contemporary to work on designing the cake. It is a very silly system. Wilderness Lodge can only make basic supermarket-style cakes, so you need to emphasize that you want fondant and elaborate decor. And you can't call the Contemporary first, or they'll tell you they don't deliver to Wilderness Lodge.

Here are some It's a Small World cakes created by Disney's wedding cakes teams on both coasts....

image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

image_3.jpeg

Tower%20of%20the%20Four%20Winds%20Cake_zpsl0jeqh8s.jpg

12814718_10101612975685896_8302284213799038032_n.jpg

12842595_10101613399092386_1337209298_o.jpg

12822847_10101613399027516_1117667930_o.jpg

Small%20World%20Tanya%20Cake_zps7mnhhflr.jpg

Small%20World%20Tanya%20Cake%202_zpsffprqxo4.jpg

Hi I plan on calling and ordering a 2 tier mini cake for my anniversary to be delivered to all star music. My question is how much is included in the 40 dollar price? I don't care for fondant. But I can pick flavors and icing colors? More detail?

Custom cake for room delivery at Coronado Springs, is this a possibility? I have read mixed reviews online with majority saying it must be a "celebration cake" only. That is something that I do not want.

Hi I plan on calling and ordering a 2 tier mini cake for my anniversary to be delivered to all star music. My question is how much is included in the 40 dollar price? I don't care for fondant. But I can pick flavors and icing colors? More detail?

Yes! Every cake is a custom cake. There is no standard 2-tier mini cake option available resort-wide. So you'll need to describe or send them a photo of what you want.

Custom cake for room delivery at Coronado Springs, is this a possibility? I have read mixed reviews online with majority saying it must be a "celebration cake" only. That is something that I do not want.

Coronado Springs' food service is provided by an outside vendor. They have a few standard types of cake they make and limited customization. You'll need to call them directly for details.

Yes! Every cake is a custom cake. There is no standard 2-tier mini cake option available resort-wide. So you'll need to describe or send them a photo of what you want.

Coronado Springs' food service is provided by an outside vendor. They have a few standard types of cake they make and limited customization. You'll need to call them directly for details.

So then maybe ordering a custom cake and having it delivered to LeCellier is the better option?

Hi! I just called to order my cake and ran into a couple problems.

1. I'm staying at all star music so I called boardwalk as was listed on the info page and was redirected to all star music's bakery... so I guess that's completely new?

2. I asked for the cake to be delivered to my room while we were out at the park and they said they couldn't due to food safety. I have to be on the room or I can pick it up myself at the bakery.

I'm guessing these were new changes? I'm not sure what to do now. I wanted it to be a surprise for my husband but we will be out at the park all day and probably wouldn't get back to hotel till 930 or 10pm.

1. I'm staying at all star music so I called boardwalk as was listed on the info page and was redirected to all star music's bakery... so I guess that's completely new?

No. It says this right on the info page:

All-Star Resorts — Movies: 407-939-4091 / Music: 407-827-2253 / Sports: 407-939-7034
  • Mickey Mouse Celebration Dome Cake: $35 chocolate cake with chocolate mousse or vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse available at food court
  • All other options same as BoardWalk Inn; place order via All-Stars at numbers above for delivery to food court or your room

2. I asked for the cake to be delivered to my room while we were out at the park and they said they couldn't due to food safety. I have to be on the room or I can pick it up myself at the bakery.

I'm guessing these were new changes? I'm not sure what to do now. I wanted it to be a surprise for my husband but we will be out at the park all day and probably wouldn't get back to hotel till 930 or 10pm.

No, this is not a thing. Cakes are delivered to unoccupied rooms all the time. The person you were speaking to is misinformed; I would call back and hope you get someone else.

I told the lady I spoke with that I hear this happens all the time with other resort bakeries and she definitely told me it was a walt Disney resort food safety rule. I guess I'll try to call back.

Is it possible to order a cake from Amorette's Patisserie and have it delivered to California Grill?

Is it possible to order a cake from Amorette's Patisserie and have it delivered to California Grill?

Amorette's only delivers to restaurants at Disney Springs (see Post #1). The Contemporary has its own pastry team, so you need to order through them. Or you can just do the ask-at-the-podium cake (also Post #1), which is basically an Amorette's cake.

So we've been home for a little over a week now and I wanted to come report back on our Jack Skellington cake from AKL.

About 7 weeks before our planned dinner at Jiko I called AKL Private Dining to discuss ordering a cake. I spoke with Jennifer who provided me with her email so I could send her pictures of what I was looking for and a description. What I wanted was fairly simple - Marble cake, chocolate fudge filling. Since there was just two of us, I wanted the smallest cake possible. I would have liked smooth buttercream but fondant would be okay if necessary. I sent my request and a couple of inspiration photos.

In about three days I got confirmation that the pastry team could do my design. They had to use fondant and the smallest cake would be 10 inches. The cost would be $109. I was okay with everything so I emailed Jennifer back saying I wanted to move forward.

Having ordered cakes from Disney before, I know communication is usually sketchy so when I didn't hear back I really didn't think much of it. In hindsight, I should have called to confirm.

So when we arrived at Jiko for my hubby's birthday dinner, I checked us in and mentioned the cake to the hostess. She said she wasn't aware of a cake but was sure it was there.

After we finished our entrees, our waiter came over and said I had a call. The manager at the host station said he was very sorry but the cake was not there. I showed him the email conversation with Jennifer and he told me he would look into it and offered to take care of our appetizer and take a percent off our bill. Totally unnecessary (I did not blame Jiko at all!) They also brought us an amazingly creative dessert tray (Yes that is a chocolate skull! Not sure why they had one laying around! LOL)

When I got back to our room, I sent an email to guest relations and Jennfier to find out what happened. I had no expectation of getting our cake, but two days later there it was in our fridge after we got back from dinner. I am assuming it came from AKL Private Dining (no note, email or call to explain)

The cake was delicious and perfect anyway. DH loved it.

So my advice, be diligent and follow through to get confirmation. Don't feel like you're a pain - it's your money and you are paying for a service. You deserve peace of mind - lesson learned!

Attachments

• F3C8DE7C-67F8-4D8F-A269-3EB8C6F5C3C7.jpeg
    F3C8DE7C-67F8-4D8F-A269-3EB8C6F5C3C7.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 309
  • 00A84D50-4ACE-4591-93C9-37DDC8B478B1.jpeg
    00A84D50-4ACE-4591-93C9-37DDC8B478B1.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 307
So we've been home for a little over a week now and I wanted to come report back on our Jack Skellington cake from AKL.

About 7 weeks before our planned dinner at Jiko I called AKL Private Dining to discuss ordering a cake. I spoke with Jennifer who provided me with her email so I could send her pictures of what I was looking for and a description. What I wanted was fairly simple - Marble cake, chocolate fudge filling. Since there was just two of us, I wanted the smallest cake possible. I would have liked smooth buttercream but fondant would be okay if necessary. I sent my request and a couple of inspiration photos.

In about three days I got confirmation that the pastry team could do my design. They had to use fondant and the smallest cake would be 10 inches. The cost would be $109. I was okay with everything so I emailed Jennifer back saying I wanted to move forward.

Having ordered cakes from Disney before, I know communication is usually sketchy so when I didn't hear back I really didn't think much of it. In hindsight, I should have called to confirm.

So when we arrived at Jiko for my hubby's birthday dinner, I checked us in and mentioned the cake to the hostess. She said she wasn't aware of a cake but was sure it was there.

After we finished our entrees, our waiter came over and said I had a call. The manager at the host station said he was very sorry but the cake was not there. I showed him the email conversation with Jennifer and he told me he would look into it and offered to take care of our appetizer and take a percent off our bill. Totally unnecessary (I did not blame Jiko at all!) They also brought us an amazingly creative dessert tray (Yes that is a chocolate skull! Not sure why they had one laying around! LOL)

When I got back to our room, I sent an email to guest relations and Jennfier to find out what happened. I had no expectation of getting our cake, but two days later there it was in our fridge after we got back from dinner. I am assuming it came from AKL Private Dining (no note, email or call to explain)

The cake was delicious and perfect anyway. DH loved it.

So my advice, be diligent and follow through to get confirmation. Don't feel like you're a pain - it's your money and you are paying for a service. You deserve peace of mind - lesson learned!

Glad they made it right for you!
Love the dessert platter!!!!

I want to order a cake for my granddaughter's birthday the end of the month. I believe that we will want it with our dinner at Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge.
I would like to talk to someone at WDW about decorating a custom cake with an "It's A Small World" theme.
Who do I contact?
Any ideas or pictures of this type themed cake?
Thanks for any help and ideas.

Several years ago, I requested a Small World themed cake. It was not what I wanted and I felt the execution was sloppy, but I figure I'll share in case you see something in it that you like (or something you don't like that you can tell them not to do). This was the Contemporary bakery. Not that my pics are the greatest either, but this is what I got...

10063136295_004d918c1a.jpg

10063071665_30403af313.jpg

10062991994_46677fe81b.jpg

10063015506_3d7e3e8e57.jpg

10063058275_3e8b1586e5.jpg

10063157476_887a68c9eb.jpg

10063023666_af8be1ee00.jpg

I was really hoping for more of a Mary Blair concept art vibe with sharp details, but I got a lot of random IASW edible images and rushed brush work. The ears on the front were supposed to look like the 50th anniversary ears on DL's IASW, but as you can see, the ears on the cake were sort of misshapen and lopsided. In any event, hope this helps in one way or the other. That last cake in Lurkyloo's post is more of what I wanted them to do. i.e. concept art in fondant. Obviously, I did not get that. :(

my new husband and i are getting a cake this coming wednesday during our disneymoon at the california grill to "replicate" the one we got for our engagement trip. Same flavors different theme. I know for a 6 inch vanilla with raspberry filling with flat characters is about $140. I'll be sure to take and share pictures once the surprise theme is revealed to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter