Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Private Dining takes down a complete description of the cake and notes the fact that you've been in contact with Chef Brian - that's how they match up what you two worked out with the order you're placing. You do not get any kind of confirmation, which is why I always call back the day before to double check everything. Now I'm not guaranteeing anything, but the last three cakes I've ordered at the Contemporary have all been billed at much less than the price Chef Brian quoted me. So maybe you won't have to spend $106?

Yes, Private Dining takes down a complete description of the cake and notes the fact that you've been in contact with Chef Brian - that's how they match up what you two worked out with the order you're placing. You do not get any kind of confirmation, which is why I always call back the day before to double check everything. Now I'm not guaranteeing anything, but the last three cakes I've ordered at the Contemporary have all been billed at much less than the price Chef Brian quoted me. So maybe you won't have to spend $106?

Thanks for explaining. I'm sure it was posted before but couldn't remember for sure. I'll hope the cake comes in for less but as long as my children pleased with it I'll be happy.

10371706_10152431760921119_6380124014176718385_n.jpg

Do you think they will do this cake and add a fondant or gumpaste or edible bow on top of some sort as part of the cost? I had a similar idea, but I want it to be an Alice in Wonderland dress (bottom tier blue with black piping, top tier white with a red heart, and a black bow on top).

image.jpg Just ordered a Belle cake for my trip with my best friend, her girls and my three kids. We ordered through magic kingdom cakes and dealt with Amy. She was great. We are having it at The Plaza with ice cream.
Six inch, vanilla with custard filling and buttercream. Nut free to accommodate allergies. $89. It will say "thanks for being our guests."
I think the girls will love it. This is their one and only trip to wdw. I want it to be as special as possible.

Okay so I've finalized my cake after about four emails and now I think I might want a 10 inch instead of an 8 inch if it doesn't raise the cost too much. Should I email chef Brian back for a new quote and drive him crazy or just ask for a price when I call private dining to order it.

Any ideas for possibly an outside vendor that would offer an inexpensive cake option? I want to get one for my moms retirement, but I can't see myself paying Disney prices.

I'm a bit disappointed. Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

I emailed the Magic Kingdom cake email on Sunday. I want to get a customized mini cake for me and my expecting wife on our babymoon. The latter half of this trip will also include my parents and my sister's family, so I want to do something special for my wife before they arrive.

I included thoughts about what I would want for this cake at our Be Our Guest dinner. Something Small World themed or AKL themed. But no figures or screen prints. I even sent a picture of a Small World elephant toy that would serve as great inspiration.

I immediately received their Out of Office, as they don't work on Sunday's. This is fine, I have more than a month to go.

Then today I receive a real response. Incredibly generic, ignoring everything I said, and ran through the generic basic cake options.

Disappointed, I decided maybe the cake folks at Epcot could help better, so I call the line that serves Le Cellier. Not really much better. They said they are only to do cakes based on those in their book (which of course i can't see). They have one screen print for small world and one with the tree of life. Animal Kingdom and AKL are not the same in my book, and my wife would have no interest in an Animal Kingdom cake.

I ended up hanging up again in disappointment.

What am I doing wrong? How do I get them to work with me? We have reservations for Be Our Guest, Mama Melrose, and Le Cellier, so any of those would work.

WooHoo! We are going to WDW this summer and it is over DD's birthday and I just happened to find a post about custom cakes on pinterest, which lead me here. I've been in contact with Chef Brian at the contemporary and we are planning a cake for DD! It's going to be a surprised (if I can keep it a secret!) and I can't wait to see her face! This was our inspiration cake, but hopefully her colors will be a little brighter, with focus on lime green and turquoise blue, which are her favorites. Also, I asked that some of the dots be placed stragecially into "hidden Mickeys" as that is also a favorite activity at the parks!

bdaycake_zpsjr4alo7v.jpg

O.K., bragging post!

Just got a reply from Chef Brian! SOO excited! He's going to do an "Elsa" themed mini-cake for me for DD to be delivered to CRT! CAN'T WAIT! I have to contact magickingdom cakes to place my order I guess... but I'm SOO excited!

I emailed the Magic Kingdom cake email on Sunday. I want to get a customized mini cake for me and my expecting wife on our babymoon. The latter half of this trip will also include my parents and my sister's family, so I want to do something special for my wife before they arrive.

I included thoughts about what I would want for this cake at our Be Our Guest dinner. Something Small World themed or AKL themed. But no figures or screen prints. I even sent a picture of a Small World elephant toy that would serve as great inspiration.

I immediately received their Out of Office, as they don't work on Sunday's. This is fine, I have more than a month to go.

Then today I receive a real response. Incredibly generic, ignoring everything I said, and ran through the generic basic cake options.

Disappointed, I decided maybe the cake folks at Epcot could help better, so I call the line that serves Le Cellier. Not really much better. They said they are only to do cakes based on those in their book (which of course i can't see). They have one screen print for small world and one with the tree of life. Animal Kingdom and AKL are not the same in my book, and my wife would have no interest in an Animal Kingdom cake.

What am I doing wrong? How do I get them to work with me? We have reservations for Be Our Guest, Mama Melrose, and Le Cellier, so any of those would work.

My understanding is that MK cakes ALWAYS come back with the generic options and if you push back and insist on a custom cake and ask to work with a pastry chef they will do what you want.

My understanding is that MK cakes ALWAYS come back with the generic options and if you push back and insist on a custom cake and ask to work with a pastry chef they will do what you want.
Interesting. Thanks for the info! I will try pushing back a bit. Annoying that I have to beg them to take my money! Hah.

Pop Century either to the room or to the cafe.

Pop Century's cakes are made by BoardWalk Bakery, which is pretty open to customization requests. You have to place the order through Pop Century, though.

Do you think they will do this cake and add a fondant or gumpaste or edible bow on top of some sort as part of the cost?

Yes!

Okay so I've finalized my cake after about four emails and now I think I might want a 10 inch instead of an 8 inch if it doesn't raise the cost too much. Should I email chef Brian back for a new quote and drive him crazy or just ask for a price when I call private dining to order it.

Yes. I just had a similar thing happen to me a few days ago - I tried to request the new size directly from Private Dining, but they made me go back to Chef Brian with the request first.

Any ideas for possibly an outside vendor that would offer an inexpensive cake option? I want to get one for my moms retirement, but I can't see myself paying Disney prices.

People loooove Publix cakes!

WooHoo! We are going to WDW this summer and it is over DD's birthday and I just happened to find a post about custom cakes on pinterest, which lead me here. I've been in contact with Chef Brian at the contemporary and we are planning a cake for DD! It's going to be a surprised (if I can keep it a secret!) and I can't wait to see her face! This was our inspiration cake, but hopefully her colors will be a little brighter, with focus on lime green and turquoise blue, which are her favorites. Also, I asked that some of the dots be placed stragecially into "hidden Mickeys" as that is also a favorite activity at the parks!

View attachment 80282 Just ordered a Belle cake for my trip with my best friend, her girls and my three kids. We ordered through magic kingdom cakes and dealt with Amy. She was great.

Can't wait to see both of these cakes! :love:

I emailed magic kingdom cakes too. I was very specific in regards to size, flavor, filling. I sent a picture of a cake and gave them a budget. No trouble and lots of back and forth to work out the details. See if you can find a picture you like and send it along. Good luck.

Hi everyone! We just got back from our Disney trip and had an amazing time. We celebrated my birthday while we were there. Since we stayed at the Yacht and Beach Club we ordered our cake from there. I requested a Stitch themed cake and this is what they gave us. It cost around $80. It was unbelievable! Best cake that I ever had. It was chocolate with chocolate buttercream. The icing was DELICIOUS! Worth every penny!
photostream

We are planning a trip in November for my daughter's 5th birthday and her first Disney Trip. I want to order a cake, but I am not sure if we should have it delivered to the room at All Star Movies, or if we should get it at a restaurant. We plan on going to BBB on her birthday and hopefully CRT of 1900 Park Fare. Any suggestions would be great since I haven't been to Disney in 10 years and have never had to plan anything!

we were able to get wegoshop to stop at Publix and pick up a cake that I ordered... I went online and checked out the Publix store - I checked the "decadant desserts" and got a Chocolate Ganache Supreme cake! absolutely delicious!

found it
http://ww2.publix.com/food/catalog/Bakery/DecadentDesserts/Home.do

so we had it delivered to our resort, not a restaurant - but you can get paper plates and forks at the resort restaurants for your room, and the rooms have refrigerators in them... it was worth it for us!

We are planning a trip in November for my daughter's 5th birthday and her first Disney Trip. I want to order a cake, but I am not sure if we should have it delivered to the room at All Star Movies, or if we should get it at a restaurant. We plan on going to BBB on her birthday and hopefully CRT of 1900 Park Fare. Any suggestions would be great since I haven't been to Disney in 10 years and have never had to plan anything!

we had a cake delivered to 1900 Park Fair, we were not able to eat it all, and we were able to get it boxed and take it back to our room, not sure if you can do that at CRT, I'm not sure how they are delivering it to the Value resorts - I thought i read you could pick it up at the restaurant..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter