***Official December 2022 Thread***

I hope that everyone that was able to make dining reservations this morning was able to get what they wanted. I was worried that I wouldn’t get ours because of how busy it keeps saying the first 2 weeks will be. I was pleasantly surprised that I got everything and the times I wanted.
We have a short trip and I wasn't able to get anything I wanted for Dec 2nd and 3rd. :)

I've got a few dining searches going on Touring Plans. There could be something opening closer to trip dates.

We have a short trip and I wasn't able to get anything I wanted for Dec 2nd and 3rd. :)

I've got a few dining searches going on Touring Plans. There could be something opening closer to trip dates.
We must be there similar dates. I had same experience only able to get one reservation at EP for 12/3. Otherwise I was out of luck!

Since I’m getting antsy not being able to book dining or anything, I started doing some research on what would be offered and I found a list of the mysterious ‘7 hotels’ on a blog (would love to stay at AKL again)

https://www.tampabayparenting.com/birthday-party-private-events-disney-world/

4AAC5F62-4C8D-408B-B2AF-7874295F9445.jpeg

For a large guest list, Dec 2nd kickoff might be limited to (it will most likely be GF):

B5A803C6-2D4B-46B1-AA69-C591A7E3845D.jpeg
The catering menus look really good except for kids (ours have multiple allergies):

https://fairytaleweddingsguide.com/catered-event-menus/

Edit: found universal studios catering as well

https://www.universalhollywoodevent...8c17-9616e7cc43ee/Plated_Dinner_1-Tagged.pdf/

Last edited:

The bad thing about split stays is not being able to book things all in one go. Booked as much as I can for the first two days, now we wait and stalk.
Yup this is the issue I'm going to have too when my booking window opens in a few weeks. My family is doing half of our dining offsite but I know I'll have issues getting the Disney restaurants we plan on doing (Jiko and Ohana breakfast specifically I know will be hard).

I wish there was a way to link the reservations--like clearly we're staying at Disney from Dec 2nd-11th...why does it matter what resort? Why is there not an overarching reservation behind the scenes?

I wish there was a way to link the reservations--like clearly we're staying at Disney from Dec 2nd-11th...why does it matter what resort? Why is there not an overarching reservation behind the scenes?
So I know for DVC you used to be able to link reservations but apparently CMs are no longer doing it. My mom called the other day and a CM refused to link our reservations. I don't know if you were able to do non DVC reservations.

For those who have made ADRs how is it going? I can’t make mine until October 11.

I need to refine my list but I’m considering:

Homecomin’ (lunch)
Chef de France
Flying Fish (are they closed certain days?)
Trattoria Al Forno
Il Mulino
La Hacienda (are they closed certain days?)
Ale and Compass (breakfast)
Rose & Crown (firework package)

Thinking the firework package is the hardest but curious if people are having issues with any of the others?

For those who have made ADRs how is it going? I can’t make mine until October 11.

Homecomin’ (lunch)
Chef de France
Trattoria Al Forno
Il Mulino

Thinking the firework package is the hardest but curious if people are having issues with any of the others?

I can't make any of my "main" ones until like Wednesday, but I'm already in search of the elusive Chef Mickey's.

Homecomin’ (lunch)
Chef de France
Trattoria Al Forno
Il Mulino

All but fireworks package have times available during my trip for 2. I had 0 issues making mine and I have California Grill, Homecoming, Crystal Palace breakfast and Topolino’s breakfast and dinner. I got all at the times I wanted. I even had multiple choices if Space 220 that I ended up canceling.

We just added a impromptu trip to BWV 12/13-12/17. Like everyone else, we're looking forward to spending some time taking in the Disney Christmastime activities. We've been several times this year so this one will be a slower pace to take in more of the activities and less attractions intense. Things have worked out this year that I have made it to every EP festival so far (not planned; just kind of happened as short trips were added) and I did the Halloween party last month (this was a planned trip). This trip is actually capping one last EP festival and the Christmas party for the perfect score. I don't know when/if that would ever be the case again. I've had a very lucky year.

This trip will include me, DW, DD10 and DD6. We'll likely do the EP WS booths and the cookie walk. My girls will likely want to do the scavenger hunt. DD10 and I will try to do GoG for the overlay (DW and DD6 are a no-go on that ride going forward) and Soarin' is our favorite EP attraction so it is a must. For MK, we'll do the party on the 15th where we will try to at least hit the holiday overlay rides and BTMRR since it is DD10's favorite ride at WDW. Naturally, we will walk to DHS for the decorations and maybe we will do Minnie's holiday lunch or dinner at Hollywood and Vine (though 50's PT is a every trip tradition and it will be hard to break that streak). We will definitely make the trip over to GF and hopefully WL for the decorations and gingerbread houses too.

We just booked it today so some things are still in the planning phase. Looking forward to following along for the next couple of months.

Homecomin’ (lunch)
Chef de France
Trattoria Al Forno
Il Mulino
When I was looking for dinner on Dec 1st and 2nd, I don't remember seeing Homecomin' or the Fireworks package at Rose and Crown, but the rest were available, including Flying Fish. :)

Some of the ones that I wanted but couldn't get for our trip dates Nov 20 to Dec 3rd were Toppolino's, 'Ohana, and Sci Fi diner.

When I was looking for dinner on Dec 1st and 2nd, I don't remember seeing Homecomin' or the Fireworks package at Rose and Crown, but the rest were available, including Flying Fish. :)

Some of the ones that I wanted but couldn't get for our trip dates Nov 20 to Dec 3rd were Toppolino's, 'Ohana, and Sci Fi diner.
Topolino’s, Ohana, and Sci Fi are our picks too. They open up October 12th. I hope I can get them 😩

Topolino’s, Ohana, and Sci Fi are our picks too. They open up October 12th. I hope I can get them 😩
Setup a stakeout app (free for one ADR with 3 times) ADR search for the most important one.

Personally we love Topolinos (breakfast is really tough to get). MD was a few mins delayed (paid probably gets first dibs; emails are delayed) and TP never showed anything despite having a paid subscription (worked great pre pandemic).

I see BOG on Dec 3rd. Search by time. I see many available for a party of 5 at 9 pm. If you search by ‘Dinner’ it shows nothing available (good one Disney!)

A7A356E5-043D-4B81-A1A4-E2FA40B15185.jpeg

I booked a BOG dinner and Desert party today for Dec 3rd (will probably give them up if dining options are good; taking no chances).

Today we got our airline confirmation (the TA had been delaying confirmation (AA cancelled our original flight). We arrive at 2 pm, and with Uber should be at the resort in 30-40 mins. We probably won’t have a lot of time before the kickoff event.

We did get an email today stating that mid Oct. we will receive our hotel info. Event details will be late Oct. so that’s probably when we will know whether we got our pick of MK on 12/3. Maybe we should have chosen HS (higher ups are huge Star Wars fans) and they did say: ‘resort activities with a few surprises!’

Our party size of 5 means most likely we will be in Polynesian/AKL/Wilderness. We could end up all star movies suite but a quick search yielded no rooms available!

Cautiously excited!

Was able to get all our reservations except, weirdly, Garden Grill, which I didn't think was that popular but appears to have like NO times available. I'll keep checking. Got Hoop de Doo but at 8:30 which isn't ideal with two little kids buuuuut I guess we're stuck there, most times were entirely sold out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter