***Official December 2022 Thread***

I've never had issues with the park reservation system until tonight. We had a reservation today for MK, but since it's our second to last day the kids wanted to go to a water park. Sure, I figure we will last like 2 hours.

We basically close the park. It was a TON of fun. My daughter who is afraid of water and slides was up there with the best of them having a blast. By the time we get back to the hotel and change it's just after 6 and MK is closed. Surely, I think, since it is after 2 pm and now that MK is closed for a Christmas party we should be able to go to another park without going to MK first.

Nope. We get to Epcot and can't get in. Despite it being 6:45 we are asked if we have a reservation for Epcot. We are sent to guest services where they lecture us and we're like...MK was closed by the time we were done with the water parks, which by the way are also on our tickets? They shrug, fix it, and tell us to "keep it in mind" for next time, but offer no solutions. Which is baffling to me. Why does it matter after 2 pm?

I've never had issues with the park reservation system until tonight. We had a reservation today for MK, but since it's our second to last day the kids wanted to go to a water park. Sure, I figure we will last like 2 hours.

We basically close the park. It was a TON of fun. My daughter who is afraid of water and slides was up there with the best of them having a blast. By the time we get back to the hotel and change it's just after 6 and MK is closed. Surely, I think, since it is after 2 pm and now that MK is closed for a Christmas party we should be able to go to another park without going to MK first.

Nope. We get to Epcot and can't get in. Despite it being 6:45 we are asked if we have a reservation for Epcot. We are sent to guest services where they lecture us and we're like...MK was closed by the time we were done with the water parks, which by the way are also on our tickets? They shrug, fix it, and tell us to "keep it in mind" for next time, but offer no solutions. Which is baffling to me. Why does it matter after 2 pm?
So you had park hoppers? Did they allow you in to Epcot?

Yep we had park hoppers. Guest relations reset everything while tsking at us so we're in now.
It’s so disappointing that GET has no Disney customer service training. They’re more like Six Flags staff. Their attitude needs to improve big time. They gave us the same attitude when dining conflicted with Genie+.

We resolve to have fun despite their attitudes. I hope you have a great rest of your day. Like someone else said enjoy the company you’re with and make magical memories.

Oh yeah it was just very annoying like I want someone to tell me what exactly they expected us to do. Why does it matter where my reservation was if it's after 2 pm and the park we had one for is closed for a private event? They can see we utilized our water parks and more option like...what is the issue? Why does the reservation system even exist past 2 pm any given day?

I mean if they would like to allow us into MK for the Christmas party I'm okay with that but I doubt that's the solution they have in mind!

I’m helping a friend book a trip (first timers). They’re checking in to POP Dec 14. I’m just starting to realize how much confusing a WDW trip is vs US. I informed them of the ticket price increases and park pass availability (was all green a few days ago). They still haven’t purchased tickets and it’s so hard for them to understand that a ticket doesn’t give you entry at a WDW park. They are cutting their WDW days in favor of US/IOA despite having young kids. There are no park passes or Genie+ bookings. You just walk up to the park you purchased and walk up to a ride to use the express pass. Just wanted to vent.

I’m helping a friend book a trip (first timers). They’re checking in to POP Dec 14. I’m just starting to realize how much confusing a WDW trip is vs US. I informed them of the ticket price increases and park pass availability (was all green a few days ago). They still haven’t purchased tickets and it’s so hard for them to understand that a ticket doesn’t give you entry at a WDW park. They are cutting their WDW days in favor of US/IOA despite having young kids. There are no park passes or Genie+ bookings. You just walk up to the park you purchased and walk up to a ride to use the express pass. Just wanted to vent.
I went with my friend in May who had not been to Disney since the beginning of Fastpass+ and we did a day at Universal. She felt like Universal was WAY less stressful and loved Express pass (we bought the one time use pass for around $95 per person on Undercovertourist). I ended up doing all of the Genie+/ILL bookings so she didn't have to deal with it. My friend did say that the atmosphere and quick service food is way better at Disney, which I agree. The quick service food outside of the Wizarding World is..........yeah.

And Disney changed prices and rules Dec 8; park hopper prices also vary; I’m not sure if they’re $85 now

6D8BAC88-E4E9-40B3-AA01-97C9A374B9D6.jpeg

Oh yeah it was just very annoying like I want someone to tell me what exactly they expected us to do. Why does it matter where my reservation was if it's after 2 pm and the park we had one for is closed for a private event? They can see we utilized our water parks and more option like...what is the issue? Why does the reservation system even exist past 2 pm any given day?

I mean if they would like to allow us into MK for the Christmas party I'm okay with that but I doubt that's the solution they have in mind!
I just remembered (haven’t used park hoppers since park reservations system and Genie+ came into play) you are required to tap into your first park in order to hop. I think that is a hard rule that they don’t normally deviate from.

OMG its going to be 57 degrees our first couple days there. Fingers crossed the forecast improves!!
I am starting to get things together for our trip. We leave next Friday after work. I just bought some light sweaters today, not realizing that I may actually need them on the trip. I’m hoping it doesn’t get too cold, we are supposed to go to Blizzard Beach for the first time. Does anyone know what the temperature has to be, for the water parks to close?

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter