*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

Hi my family is planning a November 28- December 11 trip. We are 3 separate families coming for a reunion. I am so excited and am a newbie. I look forward to all the planning and helpful information on the disboards! I also thank all my follow Disney fans in advance for all the help, as I will probably ask a lot of questions and need advice from the best:thanks:

Hi my family is planning a November 28- December 11 trip. We are 3 separate families coming for a reunion. I am so excited and am a newbie. I look forward to all the planning and helpful information on the disboards! I also thank all my follow Disney fans in advance for all the help, as I will probably ask a lot of questions and need advice from the best:thanks:

Welcome aboard.

With 3 families getting together (and I don't know how many kids will be involved or ages), the best and cheapest thing you can do as a group is experience Holidays Around the World. They are always fun and informative.

Welcome to the thread and welcome to the DisBoards!!

I admire you for taking on a big group trip for your first visit! That's a big job!!

Have fun planning and we're all happy to help :-):-)

Completely off topic, but I'm so excited I have to share somewhere...

So, I'm PTA President at my oldest's elementary school this year, and in addition to our annual fall festival, we decided to do a "Spring Fling" and community garage sale this year. I made a donation request from Disney, and we are getting four 1-day park hoppers to use as a fundraising item!!

I know they donate to lots of people all the time, but for our school this is a major deal.

Anyway, I just had to share my excitement.

Now, do I try to win and add an extra day to our December trip or will that look suspicious if I win?? LOL!!

Welcome to the December planning thread! I'm in a similar situation as you, as we're having 8 additional family members join us for our trip that will be the same time as yours -- November 29th-December 9th.

My biggest hurdle will definitely be ADR's (Advanced Dining Reservations), but I'll do the best I can.

Again, welcome to the group!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!!!!

I also am nervous about getting our ADR. We picked a lot of character meals. I know we can not expect a perfect trip, but we are celebrating my parents 40th anniversary and my mom's 60th birthday. We choose these dates because they seemed to be the best time to go (for crowd levels), but if everyone else has the same logic it might not be. Lol.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!!!!

I also am nervous about getting our ADR. We picked a lot of character meals. I know we can not expect a perfect trip, but we are celebrating my parents 40th anniversary and my mom's 60th birthday. We choose these dates because they seemed to be the best time to go (for crowd levels), but if everyone else has the same logic it might not be. Lol.
I'll just be completely honest and say there really isn't a non busy season anymore. Now, it won't be Christmas crowds, but it won't be dead either.

Have you all booked your resort yet?

I'll just be completely honest and say there really isn't a non busy season anymore. Now, it won't be Christmas crowds, but it won't be dead either.

Have you all booked your resort yet?

We really wanted to stay at AKL, but ended up booking at CS. My youngest DD has special needs so we opted for a longer stay versus the nice hotel. I figured a slower pace and short days at the parks might help her. (Sorry if I did the quote thing wrong)

Joining in here.....we will be there Dec 17-26 staying at AKL :santa: This will be our first time staying at AKL so we are super excited about that. The last time we were there for Christmas was 8 years ago so well past due!

1437 and Piglet, thought this info might help in making your ADRs:

If you have a large group (usually more than 9, but some restaurants have their own group rules), you will need to book through Group Dining:

1) Call 407-WDW-DINE and ask for Group Sales/Dining.
2) Let the coordinator know your requests.
3) The coordinator can make the ressies and, based upon the time-date-restaurant, usually you can be accommodated at one table.
4) You will give a credit card number to guarantee your reservation.
5) There is a cancellation policy within 24 hours of the reservation time.
6) A gratuity is automatically applied.

ok, so we have made small steps towards our plans taking shape, we have our dates Dec 3-10. My sister and her husband and son (4yrs during trip) have said they will be joining us. I'm optimistic they will follow through but my husband is not so sure. I hope they do, this will be their first trip to the World and she says she need me there with her lol, ont he plane, in the parks meal time lol. I'm trying to convince my husband to rent a two bed room villa through davids to keep within my sisters budget and we can stay together in one resort but so far hes not convinced and wants to book our own place. My son has been asking to stay at AKL, I want a WL or BC but well see. Lots to work through involving the resort.

Ok, I went back through and I think I've added all our new friends to the log on the first page of the thread!!

:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

So, I'm PTA President at my oldest's elementary school this year, and in addition to our annual fall festival, we decided to do a "Spring Fling" and community garage sale this year. I made a donation request from Disney, and we are getting four 1-day park hoppers to use as a fundraising item!!

I know they donate to lots of people all the time, but for our school this is a major deal.

Now, do I try to win and add an extra day to our December trip or will that look suspicious if I win?? LOL!!

Go for it,

Quick resort only trip. We just became dvc members at AKL (received our member no last week) :) and will be visiting our home resort for first time dec 27th - dec 31. We scored one night AKL club level (the first night) and the other 3 a value one bedroom thru dvc! :tongue::tongue:

I decided to add a night at Pop (12/5) because airfare was so much cheaper flying in late Monday night. Was going to stay near the airport, but what the heck? Decided to stay at Pop instead so we can get an early start Tuesday morning. I am driving DH NUTS because I'm already excited to go, and he keeps saying it's a whole year away. No! It's only 298 days!!! WHOOP!!!!

Just got our Mickey mail today! It was the packet with the last page that lists all of the important dates with the Incredibles on it. I always look forward to getting this.

Just reading this thread makes me excited! We just got back from WDW on Tuesday. We always go during February/March but I want to try December. Now I have the task of convincing DH it's necessary. My tentative dates are 12/4-12/10 at Pop. I really want to rent points and stay at WL or Poly but I'm trying to keep a low budget to help my case for a second 2016 trip. :)

I now realize I need to research the Candlelight Processional and the Christmas party. I have a 2 and 4 year old so not sure CL would be doable. I also need to get a rough plan for dining. When do the party dates get released?

Just reading this thread makes me excited! We just got back from WDW on Tuesday. We always go during February/March but I want to try December. Now I have the task of convincing DH it's necessary. My tentative dates are 12/4-12/10 at Pop. I really want to rent points and stay at WL or Poly but I'm trying to keep a low budget to help my case for a second 2016 trip. :)

I now realize I need to research the Candlelight Processional and the Christmas party. I have a 2 and 4 year old so not sure CL would be doable. I also need to get a rough plan for dining. When do the party dates get released?

If I remember correctly last year the dates were released in March and tickets could be purchased in April. Unfortunately the CP package info won't be out until after we have to make our ADRs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter