*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

First post updated with new members and travel dates!

If I forgot someone or messed something up (typical of me!) just let me know!!

We're inching closer, guys!

Just booked the first leg of our December trip 12/2 - 12/5 with 3 nights at OKW. This will definitely be a split stay for a 12 day trip. Tried to get CBR for some of the week of 12/4 and it's a no-go as I wanted a water view. I'm guessing PW may be the reason. So now it's on to POR and AKV and an option of either BWV, BLT, Poly or VWL. I'm a bit leary of VWL though with that construction going on. Unfortunately, I will have to wait for that 7 month window to open up to firm up the DVC portion(s) of the trip. Of course, that's part of the fun, isn't it? :confused: Well, isn't it? :confused3

Last edited:
We just got back from an amazing trip, but I'm thinking a December 1st trip would be totally awesome. Are you guys thinking of starting a Facebook page for December 2016? I was in one for January 2016 and it was easier to chat on mobile due to Facebook's app. :)

Just booked the first leg of our December trip 12/2 - 12/4 with 2 nights at OKW. This will definitely be a split stay for a 12 day trip. Tried to get CBR for some of the week of 12/4 and it's a no-go as I wanted a water view. I'm guessing PW may be the reason. So now it's on to POR and AKV and an option of either BWV, BLT, Poly or VWL. I'm a bit leary of VWL though with that construction going on. Unfortunately, I will have to wait for that 7 month window to open up to firm up the DVC portion(s) of the trip. Of course, that's part of the fun, isn't it? :confused: Well, isn't it? :confused3

I'll add you to the list!!

I understand being concerned about the construction at the Lodge. We always stay there but are skipping it in December because of the construction. We'll head back there after it's finished!

The waiting is what keeps me from going the DVC route, renting or buying, because I don't know if I could stay sane waiting for the 7th month window if booking outside of my home resort. I'd need some sedatives, LOL!!

We just got back from an amazing trip, but I'm thinking a December 1st trip would be totally awesome. Are you guys thinking of starting a Facebook page for December 2016? I was in one for January 2016 and it was easier to chat on mobile due to Facebook's app. :)

All of my summer groups that I've been a part of tend to morph into a Facebook group sooner or later, so I'm sure we will too :-):-)

Just thinking out loud here with DH...

So, our plan originally was to arrive the 30th, and stay through the first week of January (most of it anyway). Now that we're researching about the holidays in Disney, I'm wondering if we need to arrive a day early and catch a Candlelight Processional in Epcot. It just seems like something we can't pass up. I would book 1 night at Pop or one of the All Stars and do this.

Any ideas? I'm thisclose to booking a room and being done with it!

First post updated with new members and travel dates!

If I forgot someone or messed something up (typical of me!) just let me know!!

We're inching closer, guys!
Bear with me here! Biggest thing first, we've moved the trip up a month so our firm dates now are November 30th - December 9th. Resort is TBA, waiting on some confirmations.

Bear with me here! Biggest thing first, we've moved the trip up a month so our firm dates now are November 30th - December 9th. Resort is TBA, waiting on some confirmations.

It wouldn't be a real Disney trip if there weren't changes, right?? I will change your dates and leave the resort part blank for now :-)

I haven't booked my trip yet, but we always go during December. We actually went twice last year! I have a trip booked in March and I am hoping for a bounceback offer in my room. I love Christmas at Disney!!

Just thinking out loud here with DH...

So, our plan originally was to arrive the 30th, and stay through the first week of January (most of it anyway). Now that we're researching about the holidays in Disney, I'm wondering if we need to arrive a day early and catch a Candlelight Processional in Epcot. It just seems like something we can't pass up. I would book 1 night at Pop or one of the All Stars and do this.

Any ideas? I'm thisclose to booking a room and being done with it!

I am a huge fan of the CP. Especially with dining combo. So I'd say yes.

Well, BDLsgal and I have narrowed down our dates. We are either doing 12/6-12/15 or 12/7-12/16. No matter what, we will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside. Our favorite place. Like I described it to her once, "It's just like 'home', but without family. Ahhhhhhhhhh :worship: ".

Our goals will still be the same. Hit DTD... I'm sorry. I meant Disney Springs, on arrival day. Shop and do Raglan Road. Going to 2 MVMCP's. Take 1 'easy' day. Resort hopping for the decorations. And a Candlelight Processional (secretly, I love the gladiator sport that is, first thing in the morning on CP/dining combo day). Already can't wait to head down.

RIP Osbourne Lights

Well, BDLsgal and I have narrowed down our dates. We are either doing 12/6-12/15 or 12/7-12/16. No matter what, we will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside. Our favorite place. Like I described it to her once, "It's just like 'home', but without family. Ahhhhhhhhhh :worship: ".

Our goals will still be the same. Hit DTD... I'm sorry. I meant Disney Springs, on arrival day. Shop and do Raglan Road. Going to 2 MVMCP's. Take 1 'easy' day. Resort hopping for the decorations. And a Candlelight Processional (secretly, I love the gladiator sport that is, first thing in the morning on CP/dining combo day). Already can't wait to head down.

RIP Osbourne Lights

We feel the same about the Wilderness Lodge as you do about POR. We're excited to stay at the Boardwalk this time, but it's going to be sad not to go "home" in December! We'll definitely go visit though!

:sad::sad::charac2:Osborne Lights:charac2: :sad::sad:

I can't wait to get down there either!!

I'll add your first set of dates to the log, and adjust as necessary :)

So, as we're all going to WDW in December, what are everyone's must do's? What ADR's are you hoping to score (if any at all?)? Anything nailed down yet?

I'll start. :)

Originally, we had planned on being in Disney over New Years and the week following. After reading more about that time of year, and finding out about what cool things Disney has planned for the holidays, I knew we needed to move the trip up a month. I was slightly worried about the others not being able to join, but they still can! We've rented points and are staying in a 1 bedroom at AKV - Kidani. The others in our group decided that was a good place, so we're all now staying there. My parents have rented a 2 bedroom, and DH's parents a studio. His brother and family and my brother and his wife and child are staying in Jambo house in a regular room.

I know for sure that MVMCP is a must do. We may even try to do it twice. Another must do is Candle light Processional. I'm thinking Rose and Crown Lunch or Tokyo Dining Lunch CP package is a must do. Also, taking in all of the WS story tellers from each country as well is a must do. The other thing us girls want to do is tour the different resorts and see all the decorations.

As for other ADR's, because our group is large, the plan is to split us in to two groups of 6. I don't really have any must do dining spots, except maybe Raglan Road. We love it. The boathouse might be a nice too (although I'm not sure how kid friendly it really is).

The only thing that are nailed down is our resort. We're paid in full. :) I would like (haven't run this by DH) to book a value for 2 nights prior to AKV's and spend a day at Seaworld with just our immediate family. I'm waiting for an AP RO discount for that.

Lastly, I want to have tshirts made. I've used Cafe Press before and have had a good outcome. Any others? Maybe Etsy?

Happy Planning! :santa:

So, as we're all going to WDW in December, what are everyone's must do's? What ADR's are you hoping to score (if any at all?)? Anything nailed down yet?

Oh sure... We let the cats out of the bag and then BOOM, you come in and swoop up our ADR's. Nice try.

Just kidding.

For dining, we have a rough out line.

On arrival day, it will be a DTD (Disney Springs) day and we'll have a very late lunch or really early dinner at Raglan Road so we can whoop it up.

Character Meals:
Tusker House - Breakfast - In my opinion the best character meal in WDW
Hollywood & Vine - 1 breakfast/1 dinner - BDLsgal loves the breakfast eats here and we want to check out the new Minnie & friends dinner
Crystal Palace - We'll prob sneak this in somewhere because, well... It's the Crystal Palace

Restaurants we like:
Tutto Italia - Lunch - Great food and atmosphere. BDLsgal did semesters in Italy and says this is the closest to Italian, italian food there is. She is a tiramisu snob. Hates all tiramisu made in the USA, but is ravenous for it at Tutto Italia.
Rose & Crown - We had this for the 1st time last trip and swore we'd be back. If you go, get the Toffee pudding
Kona Cafe - Breakfast - We NEED our Tonga Toast
Liberty Tree Tavern - Dinner - Great meal for the carnivores out there. And when you get the Patriot's Frozen Punch, it really makes you wish you could give it a splash of Malibu.
Boatwright's (POR) - Dinner - In my opinion, the MOST underrated restaurant on Disney property.
Le Cellier - Dinner - Great meal. LOVE the cheddar soup w/ pretzel bread
Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue - We saw this last yr for the 1st time since we were kids, and we loved it. The show and the food was awesome.

Places we want to try (time or schedule permitting):
Yak & Yeti - I have heard nothing but good thing about this place and it would be a nice dinner place before River of Light
Hacienda De SA or SA Inn - I love Mexican food and I've never had the chance to eat at either of these places.
Be Our Guest - Dinner - I don't think we are overly thrilled with the menu, but we really want to see inside.
Biergarten - Everyone says that they have a ball when they eat here. Gotta see for myself.
Cinderella's Royal Table - We've never done this before, but it would be nice to try for early breakfast/late dinner.

There you have it. When the Candlelight Processional dining combo opens up, I will scramble to get 1 of the EPCOT restaurants, and cement our place in line.

We are a group of adults and several people have food allergies. At EPCOT we plan to do a CP dinner package at Chefs. We will have a few days there so we will go to Le Cellier for a dinner. We tried Tutto for lunch for the first time last trip and it is a new favorite. We might do a counter service the other lunch or CR. For MK we will be attending a MVMCP so will either try for an early BOG dinner or Tony's and our other MK day will go to whichever of those we couldn't get. For lunch LTT and Columbia Harbor House. One morning will be a CP breakfast. We might do Kona, WCC, or TE for the other breakfast. The AK day we did TH for breakfast for the first time last trip and liked it so will probably do it again. Lunch will be either Rainforest Cafe or Flame Tree. For dinner we will go to AKL for Boma and come back for the evening stuff. Our DHS day we might do H&V if they have a character breakfast for Star Wars or we might just eat breakfast at YC for CG or BC for CM or GG at Swan/Dolphin. That goes for some of the other days as well since we are staying at YC for the first time. Lunch will be Brown Derby. Dinner will be 50's PTC. We are considering the HDDR. I have not been since I was a kid and I have heard they can accommodate the food allergies just like SOA dos our last trip. One day we are going to SW and another day are thinking about Gatorland. On arrival day we might just take it easy and do DS and either eat at TRex or Fulton's.

It will be just the two of us, hopefully our last time as a childless couple as we'll start the adoption process in the summer. We have hoppers and we drive, so options are limitless. We also aren't doing a dining plan for the first time and my H wants to try all new restaurants(hello Swolphin), minus a few faves. I was a little sad not to go to CRT, but as I started doing some more research, I got over it. We'll also take in decorations at various resorts, shop, stroll and just enjoy each other and our surroundings.

EP-We are planning on CP pkg with VN lunch and LC dinner, look forward to all the storytellers and can't wait to experience some beverage tasting. Luck for us, Soarin will be open then and we'll see what they did to Maelstrom (he's not happy that's gone).
DHS-We'll do Fant pkg HBD, but I'm not sure about anything else at this point.
AK-We'll possibly do Tiffin's and Y&Y and I know we'll do Boma dinner for sure. Looking forward to ROL.
MK-We'll do MVMCP once and possibly BOG dinner and LTT lunch.
DS-Excited to try Art Smith's rest, drinks at the Edison and who knows what else.

Last edited:
Yep, no dining plan either. Getting a TiW card, and dining that way. Love that it includes alcohol. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter