*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

Can anyone link me to the FB group please? Still looking for up to 3 more for a MM share! Thanks :)

We just told DS we're going on Wednesday, he's really excited. I'm finalizing what I'm putting on the autograph boards (decided on 12x16 canvases that I'm putting quotes on and having characters sign). Tomorrow is packing day!

Can anyone link me to the FB group please? Still looking for up to 3 more for a MM share! Thanks :)

We just told DS we're going on Wednesday, he's really excited. I'm finalizing what I'm putting on the autograph boards (decided on 12x16 canvases that I'm putting quotes on and having characters sign). Tomorrow is packing day!
Just sent you a message with 2 links

10 days left to go!

You will just be beating us down there.

Thursday, 12/8 cannot come fast enough, for us. And I am so anxious, I just went to weather.com to see the extended forecast. And thankfully, it looks like the hot streak will be ending just as we get there. Gone are the 80* days with high humidity, here come the lower to mid 70's and moderate humidity. Much better for someone of my 'ahem' stature.

Still gonna bring a change of shirt and gym shorts, just to be safe.

Thursday, 12/8 cannot come fast enough, for us. And I am so anxious, I just went to weather.com to see the extended forecast. And thankfully, it looks like the hot streak will be ending just as we get there. Gone are the 80* days with high humidity, here come the lower to mid 70's and moderate humidity. Much better for someone of my 'ahem' stature.

Ha... the hot streak will be happening while we are there and I'm so excited for it!!!! LOL :sunny::D

18 days to go! I feel like I've completely abandoned all planning or prepping. Magic Bands are sitting in the closet undecorated, we never ended up getting ugly Christmas sweaters for the party, I don't have our daily plans committed to memory yet...

Every time I get to this point of a trip, I get a little pre-Disney depression. I think it's because the trip is so close, which means it's closer to being over. I'll snap out of it soon and then fly into a frenzy of panic because it's almost time to go!

This morning I told the kids, "You have two full school weeks, then a four day week because we leave on a Friday!" They said, "Can't we just stay out of school until then??" Ha! We had a full week off of school for Thanksgiving, and we are all spoiled and wanting to go back to the week of no responsibilities. It was no fun getting back to normal this morning.

I hope everyone who celebrated had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

18 days to go! I feel like I've completely abandoned all planning or prepping. Magic Bands are sitting in the closet undecorated, we never ended up getting ugly Christmas sweaters for the party, I don't have our daily plans committed to memory yet...

Every time I get to this point of a trip, I get a little pre-Disney depression. I think it's because the trip is so close, which means it's closer to being over. I'll snap out of it soon and then fly into a frenzy of panic because it's almost time to go!

This morning I told the kids, "You have two full school weeks, then a four day week because we leave on a Friday!" They said, "Can't we just stay out of school until then??" Ha! We had a full week off of school for Thanksgiving, and we are all spoiled and wanting to go back to the week of no responsibilities. It was no fun getting back to normal this morning.

I could have written this post myself. 18 days, plans need memorized, depression, panic, 2 full weeks and 4 days...etc.

Heck even your ticker is the same as mine, first Disney Christmas for us too. I hope you don't have as much on your plate as I do in the next 17 days!

Oh thank goodness! I was getting worried about not having the right clothes for dd.

12 days! We have most of our Christmas shopping done and I even wrapped a majority of it. I wanted to look at outfits this weekend but never got around to it. Also need to figure out what else I need to get. I haven't gotten ponchos yet but can't think of anything else which worries me.

I could have written this post myself. 18 days, plans need memorized, depression, panic, 2 full weeks and 4 days...etc.

Heck even your ticker is the same as mine, first Disney Christmas for us too. I hope you don't have as much on your plate as I do in the next 17 days!

We even have the same first name according to the Fbook group, LOL!! I hate that you're feeling like this too, but also glad to not be the only one! I have a million things to do...I'm on two PTO boards (middle school and district executive board) and have meetings for both, and a lot of outside work for both in relation to school events. Both kids are in orchestra, and their concerts are a week apart (6th grade has their own concert, while 7th/8th performs together. I wish they'd just do one big concert and not take up two dates!). I coach quiz bowl, and our team competes at regionals this week, but then I'll be finished with that. I also coach Odyssey of the Mind, and we have a lot of things to work on before we break for the holidays...it's never ending. I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to enjoy things because I'll be so busy.

We want to try and make time to still do all the fun local holiday things and not skip them because of our trip. I'm so excited about FINALLY seeing WDW all done up for Christmas, but I'm also regretting that the trip is falling smack dab in the middle the most hectic time.

I haven't quite figured out how to balance the excitement for the trip with normal holiday prep, and just making time to enjoy the season. I'm sure it will be fine, but I'm feeling pretty stressed!

I know what you mean by the stress that you feel before the trip. I mean, I don't feel it. But BDLsgal feels it and she definitely lets me know she's feeling it. She is the planner of the family; I'm the laid back 1. And that irks her even more. It all comes to a head when it's time for packing. She's already started putting clothes and toiletries in bags. Me, I do my laundry the day before we leave and just put the clean clothes in my bag, and grab my toothbrush out the door.

As for your ugly sweater problem... What we'll be doing is wearing t-shirts with the ugly sweater design based on our local teams. We get them from sites like THIS .

I sympathize with your kids. I wish I didn't have to go to work til our vacation.

We even have the same first name according to the Fbook group, LOL!! I hate that you're feeling like this too, but also glad to not be the only one! I have a million things to do...I'm on two PTO boards (middle school and district executive board) and have meetings for both, and a lot of outside work for both in relation to school events. Both kids are in orchestra, and their concerts are a week apart (6th grade has their own concert, while 7th/8th performs together. I wish they'd just do one big concert and not take up two dates!). I coach quiz bowl, and our team competes at regionals this week, but then I'll be finished with that. I also coach Odyssey of the Mind, and we have a lot of things to work on before we break for the holidays...it's never ending. I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to enjoy things because I'll be so busy.

We want to try and make time to still do all the fun local holiday things and not skip them because of our trip. I'm so excited about FINALLY seeing WDW all done up for Christmas, but I'm also regretting that the trip is falling smack dab in the middle the most hectic time.

I haven't quite figured out how to balance the excitement for the trip with normal holiday prep, and just making time to enjoy the season. I'm sure it will be fine, but I'm feeling pretty stressed!

I get the stress. I always start to feel some stress this time of year which compounded with vacation, it can be overwhelming. But you ARE going to have a great trip and you will enjoy Christmas at Disney EVEN if you don't get to experience ALL of it. I keep telling myself this. We're trying to squeeze in all of the local holiday things here too but we have to get as much in as we can this weekend.

Target had a lot of ugly Christmas sweaters or not so ugly Christmas sweaters because some were pretty cute.

Trip still seems so far away because of all my exams these two weeks. But only 13 days left! I don't really realize how close it is yet. I guess I am just denying because of the stress. I have not started packing, I need to plan my exit from the park (apparently, MK closes at midnight on the 17th so I'm not sure how I will be able to rent a car and sleep that night because I WILL be there for closing). It's madness but I don't care: it's Disney!
Honestly, plans and schedule are not a big stress for me since I like to go with the flow, but financially.... uuhh. Should I add a night? Should I not? Should I be reasonable or not? XD :confused:

But it is coming, and I could not be happier!
Also is it weird that I already feel sad knowing that the closer it gets, the sooner it ends? :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter