Official Dancing With the Stars - Fall 2020

She next-level annoying.

:lmao:Yep! For all that we criticized Alphonzo for having an "Look at me! Look at me!" persona, Tyra makes him seem like a amateur next to her.

I just don't understand why her???

I think this new showrunner/executive producer, (there since B.B.,) thinks there's not enough of the older, loyal audience left, since the show's slipping in the ratings. Especially after the B.B. fiasco. So, he has no problem letting us go.

I think he just wants to start the show fresh with a much younger audience. He should have just rebranded the show. Given it a new name and started from scratch. :sad2:

I bet Derek & Mark are patting themselves on the back for getting out way before this. :(

I have actually met Tyra Banks (interviewed her at a book signing she was doing back when I worked in TV). She was very down to earth, lovely, charming. She did a good job on AGT...not perfect by any stretch. She would not have been my first pick for a host for the show, but I typically fast forward through all the filler anyway just to get to the actual dances.

:lmao:Yep! For all that we criticized Alphonzo for having an "Look at me! Look at me!" persona, Tyra makes him seem like a amateur next to her.

I think this new showrunner/executive producer, (there since B.B.,) thinks there's not enough of the older, loyal audience left, since the show's slipping in the ratings. Especially after the B.B. fiasco. So, he has no problem letting us go.

I think he just wants to start the show fresh with a much younger audience. He should have just rebranded the show. Given it a new name and started from scratch. :sad2:

I bet Derek & Mark are patting themselves on the back for getting out way before this. :(
Yes, I'd take Alfonso any day over Tyra.

The producers think they will lure a younger audience with Tyra and a show overhaul. They are mistaken. The show is already rooted in people's minds as a certain kind of show for a certain demographic... Us. Also, it's not like Tyra is some spring chicken. If they really wanted to lure a younger demo they should have gone with someone like Chrissy Teigen or a Kardashian. Not that I like those options either, but Tyra is almost 50. What millennial is going to say, "oh, DWTS is cool now" because of her.

I'm still mad about Tom, can you tell? :lmao:

Tom Bergeron is a class act. I agree it’s a mistake to let him go, and they will lose viewers. But his outspoken criticism of Sean Spicer last year ticked off the producers, which likely contributed to his firing. I don’t have feelings either way about Erin; she was kind of just there.

I don’t actually mind Tyra Banks. She’s attractive and personable, IMO. My guess is she was chosen because she is a woman of color, and in the current social climate, they are looking to incorporate more diversity. I wonder if she’ll have a co-host.

Also, it's not like Tyra is some spring chicken.

:rotfl:

BackingOutOfRoom.gif
Oh wait, I hear her clacking down the runway after you.

My guess is she was chosen because she is a woman of color, and in the current social climate, they are looking to incorporate more diversity. I wonder if she’ll have a co-host.

Then they could have gone with Alphonzo. He, at least, had something to do with the show already. They probably also could have offered the job to Jordan Fisher.

TMZ just said that Tyra will be hosting alone. No sidekick. And negotiations went on for quite some time. Tyra only wanted to do this if she could be an executive producer and have a LOT of input into creating the new show. ABC was actually courting her for that. They WANT her input since she had made America's Next Top Model so successful.

I have no problem with Tyra, but I am over DWTS. It started to go downhill for me when the judges started giving everybody great scores regardless of performance. I hit the wall over the last couple of years when people who were tremendously talented were voted off because of the fan base for the less talented. I think they should drop the fan voting altogether. Put the votes back in the hands of the judges and encourage the judges to vote on dance ability only. Probably not going to happen, so I'm done.

I'll probably watch the first episode but I just don't see her as host. Of course, it will take several episodes to get into the groove but I'm thinking no matter what, I'll miss Tom in that spot.

Good grief. I'd still be ticked off if I were Lisa Canning.

Tom posted a photo of himself with Lisa on his Twitter on Lisa's behalf.

This is one of the reasons why I don't like Tyra, personality-wise. She is quite a diva :snooty: and will purposely pull attention to herself. I wouldn't be surprised if she tries to make the show have a big focus on HER, with the dancing almost being secondary. She will be the new "Anna."

This could be an interesting development for the Masked Singer...

https://ew.com/tv/nick-cannon-the-m...xGeRLplEGCEGaTwE5oQwa5jx7z5FzLs21WqcGySh6mn90

I stopped watching, The Masked Singer, a while ago, as I never knew anyone they unveiled. I finally watched Tom's performances as the Taco. :eek: He can really sing! :eek: It would be great if he turns out to be their new host. He'd have some street cred on the show, even with the younger audience members, having been a contestant himself.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Tom+bergeron+the+masked+singer+taco

I will probably tape it and then fast forward to the dances. I can't be bothered with the segments where they open up about their personal lives. I just want to see them dance and improve each week.

I'm not sure how I missed this thread, but UGH! I love Tom and got to really like Erin. I like Trya too, but not more than Tom and Erin who did a great job until now. I'm pretty sad that they're gone :(.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter