OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

Thanks! Booked our first two reservations for the trip! So excited. Taking my girls to the Christmas themed afternoon tea at the DLH. It looks so yummy! Is anyone else doing this?

We are, really looking forward to it! As you say, it looks very yummy and a oppurtunity to take a quick break from
the parks.

Thanks! I'm not sure about awesome, but I have the info!
It is $50 for the regular tea and $65 for premium, which adds a cocktail and salad.

Thanks for this info :)

Thanks! Booked our first two reservations for the trip! So excited. Taking my girls to the Christmas themed afternoon tea at the DLH. It looks so yummy! Is anyone else doing this?
I haven’t heard of this? Where can I get more info— dates, where to reserve etc...my DD and MIL would love this!

Thanks for the heads up

Hi all! I see this on the schedule....but don't remember it from last year. Did we just miss it or is it new? Looks fun!

Snowfall along Rivers of America
Frontierland
6:00 PM, 7:00 PM, 8:00 PM
Where did you find this? I can't find it anywhere

Thanks! Too bad so sad there aren’t available times while I’m there but I appreciate the link :)

I was checking the park entertainment schedule for Dec and it’s listed on there for the first week of Dec
Found it thanks.....although I will be escaping the real snow in northern Canada....this sounds magical. Any idea what Wintertime enchantment at the castle might be.

Unfortunately 3rd Jan is when the deluxe annual passholders can re-enter the park after about 3 weeks of being unable to visit so there will be a few people. Mind you the week after that will be even busier as the other annual passes become unblocked. I would suggest you pay for maxpass (or at least use fastpass) and also look into the DAS (Disablity Access Service - see https://disneyland.disney.go.com/au/plan/guest-services/guests-with-disabilities/ ) as this will help reduce the time spent waiting in lines (you still need to wait but it won't be in a line and you can rest in a quiet spot or look at the shops).

The good thing is you are there for 3 days so you can take it slow and if it gets too much then a break back at the hotel might be a good idea. The kids can get tired by mid afternoon and sometimes an afternoon rest allows them to return to the park for a few solid hours in the evening.

Thanks for the info - does it get busy with locals even during the week? I was hoping that Weds and Thurs at least would be quiet-ish!! We last went there 7 years ago just before my older child turned 3. It wasn't crowded at all and we hardly waited in line for anything - mind you, that was late September, not peak season! I guess we will just have to take it as it comes - a busy day at DL is better than a quiet day at work, right!!!!

I did look at the disability access service - not sure if my kiddo would qualify. He does have disability status but it's one of those neurological/hidden disabilities and if you met him on the street you wouldn't even know there was any issue! He can have AMAZING days but if he gets overwhelmed he just shuts down and the day is over (no behaviour issues or meltdowns, he just can't cope - we have purposely avoided going to DL with him for this reason but hoping as he gets older he can learn to regulate!)

I guess I need to start researching maxpass - never even heard of that one before!

Thanks for the info - does it get busy with locals even during the week? I was hoping that Weds and Thurs at least would be quiet-ish!! We last went there 7 years ago just before my older child turned 3. It wasn't crowded at all and we hardly waited in line for anything - mind you, that was late September, not peak season! I guess we will just have to take it as it comes - a busy day at DL is better than a quiet day at work, right!!!!

I did look at the disability access service - not sure if my kiddo would qualify. He does have disability status but it's one of those neurological/hidden disabilities and if you met him on the street you wouldn't even know there was any issue! He can have AMAZING days but if he gets overwhelmed he just shuts down and the day is over (no behaviour issues or meltdowns, he just can't cope - we have purposely avoided going to DL with him for this reason but hoping as he gets older he can learn to regulate!)

I guess I need to start researching maxpass - never even heard of that one before!
Plenty of schools don't start back until the following Monday (the 8th I believe). If schools are out, and the passes are open after weeks of being off, you should expect very large crowds.

I don't tell you that to scare you, but to prepare you so you have realistic expectations.

Definitely arrive early and plan to take a break if it gets too busy.

Found it thanks.....although I will be escaping the real snow in northern Canada....this sounds magical. Any idea what Wintertime enchantment at the castle might be.

Its just the ligting off the castle. If you check youtube you can check it out from previous years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter