Official Cake Chatter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We leave on Saturday and I ordered DD a slipper for our CRT breakfast on Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes when we return. I was hesitant with doing it at breakfast but thought "what the heck!".

You are the best Mom! Breakfast in the castle and dessert with breakfast!:banana:

Can you tell me the number you called? I'd like to order the slipper cake at CRT, too.

Hello-
I am so new to this but i love this thread!! I can't stop reading it. My son is a HUGE fan of the Monorail and Trains. So I called the cake hotline and the lady who answered put me on hold and asked the head cake decorator. She said that even though they have never done one, they could do a monorail cake!! I am so excited!!! They can only do 10 inch and the base price with nothing added is going to be $50.00. I'll post pictures, we are going April 19th for 5 days!!

Oooh ~ I can't wait to see a pic of this one!!!!! My boys would flip :)

Hello-
I am so new to this but i love this thread!! I can't stop reading it. My son is a HUGE fan of the Monorail and Trains. So I called the cake hotline and the lady who answered put me on hold and asked the head cake decorator. She said that even though they have never done one, they could do a monorail cake!! I am so excited!!! They can only do 10 inch and the base price with nothing added is going to be $50.00. I'll post pictures, we are going April 19th for 5 days!!

OMG!!! I want this now!! DS LOVES the monorail!! Are you getting it delivered to your resort, or to a dinner adr? CAN you get it delivered to a resort ADR???? We got an ADR at Kona for DH's birthday, and I planned on one cake for DH and DS, that would be PERFECT!!! Did you get your choice of fillings or colors?

Obviously a teen is (cough, cough ;)) more "sophisticated" and he doesn't particularly care for the "cutesy" type themes being a "regular guy", but I'd like to have a little bit of a sweet treat to acknowledge this milestone!

Anybody out there with any design ideas? We have dinner planned at YSH :confused:

TIA! :goodvibes

I hope someone can help me out...We are going 11/28/09 to 12/5/09 and I am planning on our first night at 1900 Park Fare for dinner. I wanted to celebrate my husband's and I 10 year anniversary with a cake. I know what I want, the fondant covered, 6 inch with silver mickey heads stamped on it and maybe some purple flowers on top.....Since we will be dining here, do I just call Grand Floridian two weeks or so before we go to have this ordered...

Thanks everyone!!

Obviously a teen is (cough, cough ;)) more "sophisticated" and he doesn't particularly care for the "cutesy" type themes being a "regular guy", but I'd like to have a little bit of a sweet treat to acknowledge this milestone!

Anybody out there with any design ideas? We have dinner planned at YSH :confused:

TIA! :goodvibes

This is my same question, except I have a girl. She does like cutesy (she's a girl, after all). I'd love some ideas, too. I had thought of some Mickey head with a graduation cap maybe.

I have a question... does Boardwalk Bakery and some of the other places still offer a marble batter cake (chocolate and vanilla)? I got that last year and really enjoyed it, but can't seem to get an answer from Disney as to whether or not they still have it. Called the Cake Hotline and they said they were the ones we had to talk to, but they "didn't really know" most of the cake information. Oy.

You are the best Mom! Breakfast in the castle and dessert with breakfast!:banana:

Can you tell me the number you called? I'd like to order the slipper cake at CRT, too.

I just called the cake hotline from the 1st post and followed the prompts (hit 4 for CRT).

Does anyone have a picture of what the cakes look like at CRT if you order at the podium? Can you choose white or chocolate? Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Can I get a custom cake delivered to the Crystal Palace for lunch?

I could be wrong but, I think all you get at the MK is the Sara Lee cake. Unless you are at CRT. We ordered a cake last year at the Plaza and it was horrible. Pretty cake but tasted soooooooo bad. It was horrible dry, one bite and we threw the cake in the garbage.
DSCF1265.jpg

Even with the bad experience last year I have decided to order a cake again this year. I have been working so hard to finding the right cake and right place to eat. I called today and spoke with a wonderful CM at DHS. We are having lunch at the Sci-Fi and my youngest DS wants a birthday cake there. She tried to get me to order the 6" or 8" but I told her we wanted a chocolate cake with raspberry filling, chocolate buttercream icing, with the white chocolate Mickey on top. We are looking at $85-$100 :scared1:. She was going to check with the chef and find out how much it would cost and if he could make it. She was going to call me back today or Monday. Well, no call today sooooooooo..................

I told her we wanted a chocolate cake with raspberry filling, chocolate buttercream icing, with the white chocolate Mickey on top. We are looking at $85-$100 :scared1:. She was going to check with the chef and find out how much it would cost and if he could make it. She was going to call me back today or Monday. Well, no call today sooooooooo..................

That sounds about right, $45 for the cake itself and the Mickey is like $35, so there's $80. Add tax and the automatic 18% gratuity and you'r in the ball park. A 10 inch cake is huge though, we had 7 people eat ours at two meals and I still had tons to give away.

Hi everyone, first post!

I (20) am taking my sister to Disney for her 12th birthday. We are dining at 1900 PF for the big day. I want one of those mini castle cakes but with two teirs like the mini wedding cakes. Can this be done? Also, would it be possible to get pink fordant/icing instead of white?

Maybe I am being unrealistic!

Also, would I call the cake hotline of the GF bakery?

SOO confusing!

Thanks!! :yay:

I just tried to read all the treads I could find about cakes.

I still feel so clueless! Our trip is May 2 to May 9th. We are celebrating our childrens bdays. It is there first time going to WDW. Our son is going to be 7 and our daughter is going to be 2. I wanted to do 1 cake for both of them. Any ideas? nothing too crazy its only 4 of us.

can you order one of the special cakes and have it delivered to your resort room (dvc)? ;) with the children it would be so much easier than trying to carry the cake back to the room from the restaurant. we would rather have our celebration in our villa.:goodvibes

can you order one of the special cakes and have it delivered to your resort room (dvc)? ;) with the children it would be so much easier than trying to carry the cake back to the room from the restaurant. we would rather have our celebration in our villa.:goodvibes

I think i read somewhere that they will deliver it to your room after you check in? not positive though. and im not sure if there is a delivery charge or not

I've read about people doing this through in-room dining. I think service charges would apply like for room-service.

I just tried to read all the treads I could find about cakes.

I still feel so clueless! Our trip is May 2 to May 9th. We are celebrating our childrens bdays. It is there first time going to WDW. Our son is going to be 7 and our daughter is going to be 2. I wanted to do 1 cake for both of them. Any ideas? nothing too crazy its only 4 of us.

If you're looking for something small for each of them, Disney has these new little cakes called mini celebration cakes. They come in this princess treasure looking box and look adorable! There's also a pirate one for boys! Here's a link :

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/celebrations/customizations/

:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter