OFFICIAL Avengers: Endgame Discussion Thread (will contain spoilers once the movie is out)

Does this article help instead of twitter?

https://screenrant.com/avengers-endgame-tv-spot-spoilers/

Just want to make clear I did not make up this opinion.
I never once thought you did. The entire Internet can support that position but clearly, the makers don't agree, they agree with it's not a spoiler. If social media says it is, then well, ok. Doesn't make them right.
Bottom line, it's the makers of the movie that get to decide. And they have seeing how it's approved, not something just put out by a random person

'Avengers: Endgame' spoiler leads fast-food employee to punch co-worker, get charged

April 30, 2019, 9:42 AM CDT
By David K. Li

A fast-food employee near Houston allegedly punched a co-worker after he gave away the ending of the blockbuster Marvel superhero movie, "Avengers: Endgame," authorities said Tuesday.

Justin Gregory Surface, 33, was issued an assault citation on Sunday night following the superhero-inspired altercation at Domino’s Pizza, at 116 E. Edgewood Drive in Friendswood, Texas, according to a statement by Friendswood police.

The citation is for a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of up to $500.

Surface punched a 24-year-old male colleague once in the chest after the victim let slip a major plot development near the movie's end, Friendswood police officer Lisa Price told NBC News on Monday.

Surface could not be reached for comment on Tuesday.

Officer Price said reading her department's report on the incident spoiled the ending for her. Asked if she still plans to see it, she said, "Of course I will!"

Source: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...s-fast-food-employee-punch-co-worker-n1000051

Here's a link to a Reddit post translation of a Chinese interview with Joe Russo, he definitely clears some things up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstud...russos_qa_about_the_plot_of_avengers_endgame/
This is hilarious to read.
Like, these guys WROTE the dang movie. Of course they know the answers. Because if they don't, who the heck does. Provided it's not covered in the comics as of yet, they can write it however they want.
For example, these particular crack me up

Q: Why Iron Man has to be the one to do the final snap, couldn't the people like Thor, Star-Lord or Captain Marvel whom all previously have handled the power of Infinity Stones done it instead?

A: Thor in this movie couldn't do it, only Hulk was strong enough to do the snap without dying. We are still not sure whether Captain Marvel can also withstand all the power of Infinity Stones at once. The reason we choose to let Iron Man do it in the end was because he was the closest one to Thanos at the time. In all the futures Doctor Strange foresee, Iron Man was the only one who could get close to Thanos and do the snap. People usually think the death of a hero is a horrible tragedy. But we think this is different. When his death was able to bring back hope, to save half of the universe, then his death was powerful and meaningful. We shouldn't feel too sad or angry about it.

What they should have said - Robert wanted out. And yeah, we know who can handle them but we aren't ready to reveal that just yet (or we haven't written it yet)

Q: Peggy Carter was probably already married and in her mid 40s in 1970, in that case what year was it that Captain America went back to dance with her?

A: We can't answer it for now, this is a story that happened in an alternate reality. Maybe it will be revealed in the future.

What they should have said - This is obvious, or rather obvious, when you saw the cars in the dancing scene. It was clearly well before the 70's.

Q: In both IW and EG, the heroes tried their back to take the glove away from Thanos, so why didn't Doctor Strange just cut off Thanos' hand with his ability?

A: Thanos' skin is almost impenetrable, we don't know whether Doctor Strange had the capability to do it. If he failed to cut it on time, Thanos would still able to do the snap. Doctor Strange realized this issue during his millions of test runs.

My question to them - Really? You don't know? Why or how is that? It's however you want to write his capability.

Q: What if the mouse didn't press the button to turn on the quantum machine, wouldn't that stop EG from happening? Isn't this a bit too much of a coincidence?

A: Yes, the MOUSE SAVED THE UNIVERSE. Among the many realities in those 14 millions possible futures Doctor Strange foresee, the mouse failed to press button and thus the heroes failed in those futures.

My thought - a nod to Mickey, perhaps? The ultimate CEO/big cheese of all things owned by Disney

I saw the movie Friday and absolutely loved it! I just haven't had a chance to get on the internet since then really. So I'm catching up on everyone's comments now. I nearly teared up at the "she's got help" moment, I thought it was great. I was surprised by Nat's death, I really thought it would be Clint. But I get why they did it now when I think back on it. I expected Iron Man to sacrifice himself at the end but it was still a really emotional moment.

That article with the interview with Joe Russo backs up what I was kind of thinking about the time travel stuff. They are going with the alternate time line theory and if things had gone according to plan, the alternate time lines should have been clipped. But even though they returned the stones to where they got them from (and Thor's Hammer), they made mistakes and other things were changed. So there was an alternate time line out of NY b/c Loki escaped with the time stone. And there was an alternate time line created in space because Thanos learned of their plans and jumped forward to 2018. Maybe they got out of Asgard without creating an alternate timeline there because it doesn't seem like anything changed too substantively there, but who knows.

And lastly, an alternate time line was created when Cap decided to stay with Peggy. The only question that left me with is how does he travel back to our main dimension at the end. We've seen travel through time and space but not through dimensions yet. But maybe in that time line he was in, they also created a way to travel through dimensions. I'm going to go with that and not think too hard about it :)

And lastly, an alternate time line was created when Cap decided to stay with Peggy. The only question that left me with is how does he travel back to our main dimension at the end. We've seen travel through time and space but not through dimensions yet. But maybe in that time line he was in, they also created a way to travel through dimensions. I'm going to go with that and not think too hard about it :)
My personal choice is he went and talked to Dr. Strange and he helped

I never once thought you did. The entire Internet can support that position but clearly, the makers don't agree, they agree with it's not a spoiler. If social media says it is, then well, ok. Doesn't make them right.
Bottom line, it's the makers of the movie that get to decide. And they have seeing how it's approved, not something just put out by a random person

Sorry, but if you are diehard into these movies and have been following along closely for the last 11 years then yes all of that stuff @Killer Fish mentioned is one billion percent a spoiler.

I watched this trailer this morning and there are a WILD amount of spoilers in it. I was offended by it and I've seen the movie 7 times.

Also, the directors do not cut trailers, Kevin feige does not cut trailers the Marketing companies do. So you can't say "the people making the movie" because the only thing they made was the trailer.

A: Thor in this movie couldn't do it, only Hulk was strong enough to do the snap without dying. We are still not sure whether Captain Marvel can also withstand all the power of Infinity Stones at once. The reason we choose to let Iron Man do it in the end was because he was the closest one to Thanos at the time. In all the futures Doctor Strange foresee, Iron Man was the only one who could get close to Thanos and do the snap. People usually think the death of a hero is a horrible tragedy. But we think this is different. When his death was able to bring back hope, to save half of the universe, then his death was powerful and meaningful. We shouldn't feel too sad or angry about it.

What they should have said - Robert wanted out. And yeah, we know who can handle them but we aren't ready to reveal that just yet (or we haven't written it yet)

The Russo's publicly stated they are done with Marvel unless they can adapt Secret Wars. Also the Infinity Saga is Over, so it will never be written or ever explored again (In the movies). Markus and Mcfeely are also not contracted for anything else nor do they have any further input to give. You can read about that here. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/29/movies/avengers-endgame-questions-and-answers.html

Sorry, but if you are diehard into these movies and have been following along closely for the last 11 years then yes all of that stuff @Killer Fish mentioned is one billion percent a spoiler.

I watched this trailer this morning and there are a WILD amount of spoilers in it. I was offended by it and I've seen the movie 7 times.

Also, the directors do not cut trailers, Kevin feige does not cut trailers the Marketing companies do. So you can't say "the people making the movie" because the only thing they made was the trailer.
I am, both.
If you don't think the trailer was approved for release you'd be mistaken.
I never said who made the trailer and when using the phrase "makes the movie" I fully mean a short way of writing those that matter have given permission
Offended? Really? ok.

I am, both.
If you don't think the trailer was approved for release you'd be mistaken.
I never said who made the trailer and when using the phrase "makes the movie" I fully mean a short way of writing those that matter have given permission
Offended? Really? ok.

For the movie only being out a few days that trailer is full of spoilers.

Bottom line though is it's a trailer approved by and released officially by the studio they must not think it's got spoilers.
After watching it frame by frame several times through I have to agree. To me, folks that are seeing nothing but spoilers are seeing stuff in that trailer with eyes that have seen the movie. If you view it without knowing what happened in the movie, it's taken quite differently (I asked a coworker who hadn't seen the movie).
Besides, it's 15 seconds long, and a 3 hour movie. Most of the 15 seconds have words/reviews flashing over the scenes. It can't reveal a wild amount spoilers when the only new things to reveal are the hammer and I guess transformed Hulk. I can't imagine either of those things ruined the entire movie for anyone. If they even spoiled something
I've yet to see overweight Thor in it. He's fully armored. This one is a good example of how anyone who's seen the movie sees something different than someone who hasn't. Those who have seen it know he's overweight and know he is it in that shot but those who haven't, can't see anything but Thor in is armor. It's on him for 2 whole seconds. Hardly long enough to determine he's got a beer gut. Long hair, sure. Not a spoiler to see him with long hair.
What spoiler does Pepper being in there reveal? Or Thanos with an army? That there's a battle? What kind of reveal is that? Who doesn't know there will be a battle? In the case of Thanos you don't even know from that clip it's his battle with the Avengers, just a battle.
It doesn't show who wins.
It doesn't show who lives.
It doesn't show how they got there.

l

Thank you....I felt like I was taking crazy pills this morning.

I've yet to see overweight Thor in it. He's fully armored. This one is a good example of how anyone who's seen the movie sees something different than someone who hasn't. Those who have seen it know he's overweight and know he is it in that shot but those who haven't, can't see anything but Thor in is armor. It's on him for 2 whole seconds. Hardly long enough to determine he's got a beer gut. Long hair, sure. Not a spoiler to see him with long hair.

What spoiler does Pepper being in there reveal?

You can clearly see Thor having a beer belly in this gif from that trailer:

They faked merchandise to keep it hidden so it would have more impact when you first see him in the film so it kind of seems like a bigish spoiler to me personally.

Also Pepper wearing the Rescue suit is a BIG deal and I can understand why pp think that trailer is rather spoilerish for people who haven't seen it yet. I already knew she was going to wear it before I saw the film because I'd been following filming spoilers but it was still an OMG moment for me when I first saw the film which is now ruined by that trailer in my opinion.

You can clearly see Thor having a beer belly in this gif from that trailer:

They faked merchandise to keep it hidden so it would have more impact when you first see him in the film so it kind of seems like a bigish spoiler to me personally.

Also Pepper wearing the Rescue suit is a BIG deal and I can understand why pp think that trailer is rather spoilerish for people who haven't seen it yet. I already knew she was going to wear it before I saw the film because I'd been following filming spoilers but it was still an OMG moment for me when I first saw the film which is now ruined by that trailer in my opinion.

She gets it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!