*** Official August 2021 thread ***

That is how it was previous. As soon as you enter the "official que" it will start.
My bad, I thought the wording before said masks had to be worn in the queue. The new wording says entering the attraction. It doesn’t mention the queuse.

In the past it was clearly marked in the lines where masks needed to be worn. I’m sure the signs are still around.

Yes. Cast members will remind people nicely but in terms of enforcing they simply do not have enough cast members. I can gaurantee cast members are dreading this change ... it will be difficult for them.

Last edited:
My bad, I thought the wording before said masks had to be worn in the queue. The new wording says entering the attraction. It doesn’t mention the queuse.

So you think you don’t have to wear masks in outdoor queues but have to put masks on once you enter the attraction/building?

I’m glad you’re all celebrating. I’m not. I waited until I could have a mask free trip.

I’m not celebrating at all! We really were looking forward to not wearing masks. We leave on Sunday and I’m torn if we should cancel or still go. I’m fine with wearing masks indoors, but I don’t want to wear them in outdoor queues. It is just too hot!

I’m selfishly hoping that we’ll see slightly reduced crowds from people cancelling over this.

People for Aug are within the penalty for cancellation or change phase. I am guessing there will not be much change in attendance. I did not see a change/exception in the6 cancellation policy for packages or for tickets. The phone lines tomorrow will be jammed I anticipate.

And there is no mention regarding social distancing so.if you go you should anticipate people will be close together in many areas.

People for Aug are within the penalty for cancellation or change phase. I am guessing there will not be much change in attendance. I did not see a change/exception in the6 cancellation policy for packages or for tickets. The phone lines tomorrow will be jammed I anticipate.

And there is no mention regarding social distancing so.if you go you should anticipate people will be close together in many areas.

What exactly is the cancellation policy for a package?

So you think you don’t have to wear masks in outdoor queues but have to put masks on once you enter the attraction/building?

That was how it was at one time. Lines are outside for quite some distance since the fast pass line is not being used. The "attraction entrance" was not the end of the line. I am sure others will post once it starts.

Last edited:

30 days I believe for pkgs. Depends who you booked with and if you booked just hotel and/or bought just tickets. Room only cancellation is different.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210728-190210_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210728-190210_Google.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 2
30 days I believe for pkgs. Depends who you booked with and if you booked just hotel and/or bought just tickets. Room only cancellation is different.

Im booked on a package and I have a room only reservation - it’s a split stay.

30 days for pkgs w wdw travel. Depends who you booked with and if you booked just hotel and/or bought just tickets. Room only cancellation is different.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210728-190210_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210728-190210_Google.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 0
If you want to cancel the package and are worried about the penalties, I highly suggested calling. I‘m willing to bet they wave the penalties. If you had a TA they could try for you.
Absolutely. Disney has been good doing that. But plan to spend several hours on hold. If you have a Travel Agent reach out to them. They will do the heavy lift for you. Dreams TAs are very good at doing this ... it is so worth having a TA.

Last edited:
If you want to cancel the package and are worried about the penalties, I highly suggested calling. I‘m willing to bet they wave the penalties. If you had a TA they could try for you.

I agree.

Also changing your reservation to a later date is also an option. There is a $50 penalty within 30 days of travel date, but I would not be surprised if they would waive that.

I ask this question, although somewhat in trepidation - I am tempted to go to MK on 8/14 thinking there will be lighter crowds due to the announcement of no fireworks and early closure. Am I insane in thinking this? Or is everyone else thinking this? We have 2 MK days so I don't need to see the fireworks twice, plus I have little kids and we are up early and usually in bed earlier than most.

Thoughts? Did I give away my super secret amazing idea??? :earboy2:
We are going to MK on 8/14 for exactly the same reason. But we are dis-ers who know about the low crowds on early close days. I think think most people will avoid it because they don’t want to spend a day at MK with no fireworks.

I understand some people are disappointed but we booked back when masks were in place and will be stuck with expiring DVC points worth thousands of dollars if we cancel. This news was always goong to disappoint someone, but with our under 12 kids unable to be vaccinated, we are incredibly relieved. My DH hates wearing masks but even he likes this new rule because it is indoor/attractions only and he will get a break between ride queues. Seems like a good compromise to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter