*** Official August 2021 thread ***

We aren't doing Boo Bash either :stir:

Neither are we. Will be there Aug. 29 through Sept. 4th. at the Polynesian. Was quoted $700 for a family of 5 for Boo Bash by our TA

We did the Halloween party a few years ago and I think the Boo Bash will be disappointing in comparison.

Last edited:
Neither are we. Will be there Aug. 29 through Sept. 4th. at the Polynesian. Was quoted $700 for a family of 5 for Boo Bash.

We did the Halloween party a few years ago and I think the Boo Bash will be disappointing in comparison.
We’re not either. Our kids just can’t stay up late enough to make it worthwhile, and for considerably less cost I could add a whole day ticket, go on arrival day and not be rushed or risk having the whole time there rained out. Given it id nonrefundable I am so surprised to see so much demand tying up the phone lines! I guess it is mostly October people who are buying as the 50th anniversary crowds probably have them scared they won’t be able to ride much at MK in daytime, which is a fair point.

On a separate note I am still hearing of long lines / wait times at MCO for the magical express. Going to arrange for private transportation to the resort.

We are choosing not to go either. We have a longer trip booked so will have plenty of time in MK to ride the rides. I told my kiddo I'll happily give her $25 and let her go wild at Target or Walmart in the Halloween candy section and that excited her. Works for both of us. :)

We've got Boo Bash tickets for Aug 10 and Aug 17. My son missed his class trip due to COVID rescheduling clashing with AP testing testing dates, so he's using his trip money for this.

We've been to a few after hours events - Disney after dark at MK and AK, and the Villain's After Hours parties, as well as MNSSHP. The after hours events were worth the exorbitant price. I love MNNSHP, but it really has been hit or miss with us. Some have been excellent, some way too crowded, some were so rainy I really felt like we deserved a refund. But, when things go well, MNSSHP is my favorite.

I'm hoping this event will be most like the Villains event -- most of the time spent on low or no wait rides, with a few extras thrown in - a little bit of trick or treating, a cool snack, a few photo ops.

Getting Closer! We are staying at AKL Aug 22-29 although more than likely we will go down 2 days earlier.

This ADR stuff is something else though. I have to do them on the 21st. Has anyone heard any rumors regarding 1900 Park Fare?

No boo bash here, either. We really couldn't justify the near $500 cost for the four of us for three hours with no parades, no fireworks, no castle show, etc.

Also, please change my end date to the 25th.

Getting Closer! We are staying at AKL Aug 22-29 although more than likely we will go down 2 days earlier.

This ADR stuff is something else though. I have to do them on the 21st. Has anyone heard any rumors regarding 1900 Park Fare?

I haven’t heard a peep about 1900 Park Fare.

I booked our ADRs earlier this month and was able to get everything I wanted. I wanted Beaches and Cream for our second day, but literally nothing was available for the first three days of our trip, so I had to move it out to day four. Towards the end of our trip, everything was wide open. I was even able to get an ‘Ohana ADR on our desired day and time.

I would be so excited if 1900 Park Faire returned! That's an every-tripper for us!
I hear a lot of commotion about Beaches and Cream but wasn't impressed by their GF offerings.
I'm surprised all parks are still available for August but I guess that's to do with capacity moreso than people just not realizing they have to book that?

I would be so excited if 1900 Park Faire returned! That's an every-tripper for us!
I hear a lot of commotion about Beaches and Cream but wasn't impressed by their GF offerings.
I'm surprised all parks are still available for August but I guess that's to do with capacity moreso than people just not realizing they have to book that?
Well and August is a lighter crowd month historically because some school districts are back in session and it has bad weather.

Got our Boo Bash tickets for August 20th!!!! :stir:
We were supposed to go to MNSSHP in 2020, so we are SUPER excited to get the change to do anything Halloweenish in the MK!

We are going 8/23 to 9/2. To start our trip off we are staying a Disney Vero Beach Resort for one day to give my wife her beach time. Then heading to Shades of Green for the rest of our stay. We are also not doing Boo Bash. This our forth try at going to Disney since May 2020 when our original trip was cancelled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter