***Official AUGUST 2021 Check In Thread

Just saw the Magic Key announcement. It kicks off on Aug. 25. Incidentally, that's the first park day on our trip. Wonder how it will impact crowds those first couple of days of availability. I'm guessing not in any significant/noticeable way. What do you all think?

Just saw the Magic Key announcement. It kicks off on Aug. 25. Incidentally, that's the first park day on our trip. Wonder how it will impact crowds those first couple of days of availability. I'm guessing not in any significant/noticeable way. What do you all think?
I would think it wouldn’t be bad those first couple of days. I can’t imagine people buying and immediately booking a reservation the next day.

DH and I scheduled flights to L.A. from Toronto, Canada this morning. Set to fly out on August 13th... so 8 while days to plan a trip! We have never been... Help! Lol! It will be a much needed adventure!

We were originally going to Florida, but decided to make a last minute switch.

Same with us, first day is on the 25th. We’re there for 6 days in the park, I’m hoping the flood gates don’t open.

DH and I scheduled flights to L.A. from Toronto, Canada this morning. Set to fly out on August 13th... so 8 while days to plan a trip! We have never been... Help! Lol! It will be a much needed adventure!

We are travelling from Canada at the end of August as well, so excited to travel again! Can I ask where you are getting your PCR test for returning to Canada?

Have you been to DL before? What hotel are you staying at? How many days in the park?

luckily DL doesn’t require as much planning. You may be able to get some reservations closer to when you go as people cancel if you are looking for that.

Same with us, first day is on the 25th. We’re there for 6 days in the park, I’m hoping the flood gates don’t open.
Just remember, they still cap capacity, so even if people are wanting to buy, there will still be limits on how many can attend.

Have you been to DL before? What hotel are you staying at? How many days in the park?

luckily DL doesn’t require as much planning. You may be able to get some reservations closer to when you go as people cancel if you are looking for that.

I have not been to DL before. We are thinking a Marriott Brand hotel since we have points... lots of research to do. Perhaps 2 nights near the beach.. maybe Santa Monica or Venice. I love the idea of walking by the beach and visiting a large Pier. Maybe add a tour of some sort...not sure what!

Then maybe 4 nights at a Marriott near Disneyland. There are so many to choose from... hopefully we can find one close enought to walk. 🙂

I have not been to DL before. We are thinking a Marriott Brand hotel since we have points... lots of research to do. Perhaps 2 nights near the beach.. maybe Santa Monica or Venice. I love the idea of walking by the beach and visiting a large Pier. Maybe add a tour of some sort...not sure what!

Then maybe 4 nights at a Marriott near Disneyland. There are so many to choose from... hopefully we can find one close enought to walk. 🙂
We have stayed at the Fairfield and it’s right across the street. I have not stayed at any of the other hotels so no advice there.

Santa Monica Pier was alright. It’s not something I would go back and do unless you like hanging out at the beach with lots of other people.

We have stayed at the Fairfield and it’s right across the street. I have not stayed at any of the other hotels so no advice there.

Santa Monica Pier was alright. It’s not something I would go back and do unless you like hanging out at the beach with lots of other people.
Thank you for the advice! It is very appreciated.

I will look into the Fairfied as it sounds to be exactly what we are looking for. As for Santa Monica, we live quite far from the ocean and I really would love to just walk along a beach or Pier. It looks so incredibly different than Ottawa, Canada where I live! I've never seen an amusement park on a Pier before! Maybe we could stay elsewhere and visit it (or other beaches) as part of a tour. 🙂

Thank you for the advice! It is very appreciated.

I will look into the Fairfied as it sounds to be exactly what we are looking for. As for Santa Monica, we live quite far from the ocean and I really would love to just walk along a beach or Pier. It looks so incredibly different than Ottawa, Canada where I live! I've never seen an amusement park on a Pier before! Maybe we could stay elsewhere and visit it (or other beaches) as part of a tour. 🙂
We actually did a bus tour and it was great. We went to Hollywood, saw sights from around there, Farmers Market (really big and fun), The Grove, and then to the Santa Monica Pier. Well worth it for us because we didn’t want to rent a car but wanted to do something outside of of just DL.

We're staying at the Cambria on Katella right now. Here's our view of the Marriott down the street and the parks:

PXL_20210805_203345797.jpg

Marriott on the left, California Adventure just to the right of that, then Disneyland on the far right. If you see space mountain, that's where you have to walk to from here. It's about a half mile to the esplanade.

Wonderful! We were hoping to get the NAAT Rapid ID test from Walgreens in Orlando... hoping to be able to get the same close to Disneyland.

Just a heads up..California has NO Walgreens ID now testing sites. Nearest one to me in the bay area is Reno , NV. I think some airports have different companies they use though due to Hawaii travel.

Just a heads up..California has NO Walgreens ID now testing sites. Nearest one to me in the bay area is Reno , NV. I think some airports have different companies they use though due to Hawaii travel.
Thanks for the heads up! CVS on Katella seems to have lots of availability for drive-through. Hoping to hire a taxi.

Last edited:
Yesterday - got up at 4:30 (Mountain) for our flight at 7:10. At SAN by 8:10 (Pacific). No problem getting an Uber - waited 7 minutes. Dropped our bags in a locker at the DI&S, at park entrance by 9am.

We ended the day with 15 rides, lunch at Blue Bayou - where I got to snag a BG for Rise. 2 hour break between 3:30 and 5:30 (hottest time of the day for me). Went Walgreens to get more sunblock, snacks. Dinner at Tony Roma's. Churros for snacks (the green apple one tastes like nothing). And fireworks! Did not think we could make it but DD was not leaving the park without watching them. We just got under a rope (as a CM told us to do) halfway down Main St stayed on the sidewalk so did not block anyone's view). Not the best view but it worked. High of 89 was a piece of cake after our WDW trip in May. Crashed by 11pm.

Today - DD's birthday! Woke up at 5ish (until recently worked 3rd shift and my schedule is still way off). Had set alarm for 6:55, good thing because I had forgotten about Webslingers 🥴. Got BG 7! Let's see what the day hold, super optimistic since it's a high of 83.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter