*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

We'll be there 8/16-8/20 for DS's 3rd birthday! Can't wait. Missed the boat on 180 ADR's. Desperately trying to get BOG dinner. We missed out on it last year and every single day of my life he reminds us that he "didn't find Beast at Disney World".

We'll be there 8/16-8/20 for DS's 3rd birthday! Can't wait. Missed the boat on 180 ADR's. Desperately trying to get BOG dinner. We missed out on it last year and every single day of my life he reminds us that he "didn't find Beast at Disney World".

If you haven't already signed up for it, I'd highly recommend using the touring plans reservation finder, but also keep looking on your own once in a while since sometimes it seems to miss openings.

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder

So, we were going to surprise the kids with the trip, BUT...

Older DD potentially had something for a school club the week we were going, AND we wanted to talk to her about MNSSHP, as she's peanut allergic. I told her I found a bunch of information on how they do allergies there, and testimonials from people that are peanut allergic. A WDW vet, her attitude was that WDW is one of the few places she doesn't worry much about her allergy, and that she'd be comfortable. So, we're hitting MNSSHP on our first full day, 8/25.

There are still a few things we haven't told them... like the correct resort. ;)

heaster_zpszurdago6.jpg

So.....let's get this thread moving! Anybody trying any new ADRs this trip? I always do at least 1 new restaurant (trying to make my way through every single TS restaurant in WDW), this time it will be dinner at Rose & Crown. Also doing breakfast at 1900 Park Fare.....been there for dinner before, but never breakfast, so I'm excited for the characters at breakfast. The others meals will be repeats -- BoG dinner on my bday, CRT on DD's bday, H&V dinner for the Fantasmic! package, and (eventually!!!) Tusker House dinner for the RoL package.

Yes! We are looking forward to trying new places on this, our 4th family trip (6th each for DH and myself). DD17, DD14, and DS11. We're staying at CBR for the first time as well.

We currently have dinner reservations at Chef Mickey's, 'Ohana, 1900 Park Fare, and Garden Grill--all new restaurants for us.

But of course...this is all up in the air pending the (rumored) FD offer. Since we're staying at CBR, if we end up with QSDP instead, these plans are out the window. I do have a breakfast BOG scheduled that we'll keep, but otherwise the plans will change and we'll explore some other QS that we've never eaten at, like Wofgang Puck Express at DS.

Anyone have suggestions for good QS locations that aren't what you typically think of? We love Columbia Harbour House, Flame Tree, Tangierine Cafe, and Sunshine Seasons, and we definitely want to try others.

So, we were going to surprise the kids with the trip, BUT...

Older DD potentially had something for a school club the week we were going, AND we wanted to talk to her about MNSSHP, as she's peanut allergic. I told her I found a bunch of information on how they do allergies there, and testimonials from people that are peanut allergic. A WDW vet, her attitude was that WDW is one of the few places she doesn't worry much about her allergy, and that she'd be comfortable. So, we're hitting MNSSHP on our first full day, 8/25.

There are still a few things we haven't told them... like the correct resort. ;)

I have many food allergies and intolerances, and I have read that they are very accommodating at MNSSHP. There are special allergy treat coins they hand out in the trick-or-treat lines that you can redeem for things like Enjoy Life cookies and candy and Surf Sweets.

I just booked and bought our airfare! My daughter and I are coming down for a long weekend before school starts. So excited we are going to the Halloween Party on 8/25 and seeing Pandora! Trying to ignore the fact that it will be hotter than the surface of the sun.

We're booked for 8/24-8/28 at Pop! Me and my then 14 yr old daughter taking Girls night out up a notch or two. hehe
***and because we are driving down with my BFF and her family in February 2018. #20hrsfromBoston #EEk lol

Yes folks, it's early....but I just got back from our 2016 family trip yesterday and I'm ready to start planning next years trip!!!

We are planning mid to late August and are planning to stay Poly CL!!! :yay:

We have done August before, but the crowds are usually decent towards the end of August even though it's hotter than Hades.:scared:

We are a family of 5. DH, myself, our two DD's (will be 13 and 10 at time of travel) and DS (will be 2.5 yrs old at time of travel).

Who's coming with me?? Let's plan for our August trips together!! :)

Please! BE MY GUEST!!!

View attachment 221367

I have many food allergies and intolerances, and I have read that they are very accommodating at MNSSHP. There are special allergy treat coins they hand out in the trick-or-treat lines that you can redeem for things like Enjoy Life cookies and candy and Surf Sweets.

We saw - she's really comfortable with how WDW handles allergies. That being said - on Halloween when she was little, we'd simply separate out the peanut candy after she go thome. If nothing's loose and unwrapped, there should not be any issues with her. We're likely going to do the allergy candy for her, and whatever for her sister (and us!). She's a little worried that the allergy candy will be nut/dairy/gluten free... which doesn't sound much like candy!

Anyone have suggestions for good QS locations that aren't what you typically think of? We love Columbia Harbour House, Flame Tree, Tangierine Cafe, and Sunshine Seasons, and we definitely want to try others.

I like Pecos Bill's. You can get the Chipotle-type bowl (and burritos too I think, IDK) and then add your own toppings.

I just did something that I had sworn I wouldn't do lol. I booked the ROL package at Tusker House on Aug 13 for a 12:30 lunch, and the first showing of ROL. This way, no matter what happens with FP+ selections, we are guaranteed to get in, and . .. we've never eaten at Tusker House before, so something new to try there.

I like Pecos Bill's. You can get the Chipotle-type bowl (and burritos too I think, IDK) and then add your own toppings.

DD 17 has Pecos Bill's on her must-eat list! She ate there last April with her band, and she raved about the Taco Burger for some strange reason. There's not much for me to eat there due to multiple allergies and food intolerances, but I'm sure the others in my family will enjoy it.

I just did something that I had sworn I wouldn't do lol. I booked the ROL package at Tusker House on Aug 13 for a 12:30 lunch, and the first showing of ROL. This way, no matter what happens with FP+ selections, we are guaranteed to get in, and . .. we've never eaten at Tusker House before, so something new to try there.
Tusker House is our favorite character buffet. We love the character interaction, and the food is great. We, too, have a ROL package booked for that week--a 10:50 breakfast. I wanted to make sure I got a chance to check out the show.

I did Tiffins ROL package for the 12th, which is also an AM EMH day, plan on taking break after lunch. I have PPO Tusker house breakfast booked for the 11th-for now-although I really think I will end up cancelling the TH breakfast as if I make my family get up early that many days in a row I'll end up being by myself when they revolt LOL! As I also have PPO at Garden Grill for the 13th so I can FP FEA and do Soarin' at RD.
At least that is the plan for now.

Made the decision today that I am going to cancel my Disney trip and hold off until more of this crazy construction is going on to go - probably stay on property to check out Disney Springs before my Feb cruise.

Enjoy your planning everyone!!!

There have been a number of families that have applied to my memory maker share group on facebook recently. I have messaged you all via facebook messenger, so please check your "other" folder there.

I'm so annoying (to myself). I keep overthinking my restaurant choices and then get disappointed that I'm not trying more new restaurants. Only 1 is a restaurant I've never been to before (Rose & Crown). Although some are meals I've never done before (i.e., doing 1900 PF for breakfast, have only been there for dinner; doing Tusker House for dinner, have only been there for B & L).
On the other hand, there really aren't any new restaurants I am even interested in trying at HS or MK......so I may as well keep my faves there. And I feel compelled to keep Tusker House as it's mainly for the ROL package.....so why am I driving myself crazy?!??!
My problem is i usually do fairly short trips (like 5-6 nts), so it's hard to get a lot of new places in while also revisiting the favorites. I guess what I really need is to start taking longer trips ;)

Longer trips is always the answer, regardless of what the question is :)

We do Rose and Crown for supper every trip, can't miss it. I *might* have a fish and chip addiction hahahaha. Breakfast at 1900 Park Fair is pretty common for us, as the daughter has a love for anything Mad Hatter related.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!