*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

OH! I forgot my Garden Grocer questions...

Should I schedule the delivery for like 4pm on my arrival day? And will bell services take it to my room automatically or just hold it until I call for it?

OH! I forgot my Garden Grocer questions...

Should I schedule the delivery for like 4pm on my arrival day? And will bell services take it to my room automatically or just hold it until I call for it?

they will hold it until you call for it (far as I know). I don't think it matters exactly when you schedule it for.
I always used GG in the past but I did Prime Now last time b/c it was cheaper. The only difference is no fresh fruit with Amazon......so I think I will have to go back to GG. OTOH, with the minimum order plus the delivery charge, plus tip, GG gets pricey when there's only going to be DD and I.......so maybe not.

which leads me to my next thought.....anybody arriving at POR around 8/19 and want to go in on a Garden Grocer order, send me a message! I have done it in the past and it works out well for those of us who want smaller orders, plus we get to split the delivery fee & tip.

they will hold it until you call for it (far as I know). I don't think it matters exactly when you schedule it for.
I always used GG in the past but I did Prime Now last time b/c it was cheaper. The only difference is no fresh fruit with Amazon......so I think I will have to go back to GG. OTOH, with the minimum order plus the delivery charge, plus tip, GG gets pricey when there's only going to be DD and I.......so maybe not.

Thanks! What is Prime Now?

General question to Aug DIS vets:

- Halloween Parties - you can enter MK at 4pm. Can you book FP from 4pm to 7pm before the party starts?

- How crowded are first 3 party days from prior yrs?

I just do not like the idea of halloween parties in August. It's still summer time, I don't want to be thinking about Halloween, lol. Luckily, our last day is 8/24.......:yay:

- Halloween Parties - you can enter MK at 4pm. Can you book FP from 4pm to 7pm before the party starts?

Yes you can book fp's for that time frame.

Lines are always going to be long for popular meet and greets regardless of crowds. We went to the first party last year. It felt crowded walking around, but it did not feel crowded at Hallowishes or watching the parades. I've been to a sold out party in the past and trying to find a decent spot for parades and Hallowishes felt insane.

Can't answer the first one properly, amigo. I know FP+ service runs from 4-7 but I'm not sure if you're eligible to make FP+ selections with a MNSSHP ticket. If it's any consolidation, the parks aren't busy during that 4-7 time frame, as guests know they're going to be kicked out early on party days and typically go to a different park.

The first party is always ridiculous, but the second and third parties aren't even half as crowded.

thats what I was thinking too. our plans call for 8/29 and 9/1 MNSSHP. My last and biggest concern is "August rain" and how to plan around it. We have been twice to Disney (April/May) and have not seen a drop of rain in 12 days while on vacation.

We are going for 10 days so even if "something gets rained out" - we have extra days to cover it. I am not concerned so much as "getting wet" - I mean kids will have fun - but is there any "secret sauce" on how to prepare for it just a little bit with kids?

The first party is always ridiculous, but the second and third parties aren't even half as crowded.

I just do not like the idea of halloween parties in August. It's still summer time, I don't want to be thinking about Halloween, lol. Luckily, our last day is 8/24.......:yay:

I hear ya on this one! But.....since our trip is Aug 16 - 26, I am excited to see the Halloween fireworks across the lagoon on our last night. It will be a treat to see two different fireworks shows on our trip pixiedust:

How long are the rains late August? I know if a hurricane is coming then there will be lots of rain and wind. How about a normal late August rain and when in the day does it happen?

How long are the rains late August? I know if a hurricane is coming then there will be lots of rain and wind. How about a normal late August rain and when in the day does it happen?
They're usually just mid afternoon rains, maybe up to an hour or so. Sometimes it's a beautiful sunny day and suddenly the clouds come out of nowhere and the sky opens up with a good downpour.

They're usually just mid afternoon rains, maybe up to an hour or so. Sometimes it's a beautiful sunny day and suddenly the clouds come out of nowhere and the sky opens up with a good downpour.

agree, that's mostly what I experienced during my August trips. and sometimes overnight rains too.

I have figured out the BEST part of MNSSHP starting on the 25th - for me anyway.

It will give me a chance to go to Skipper Canteen again since there are too many things I want to try on the menu for one visit! (This is NOT usual for someone gluten-free!!)

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter