****Official August 2015 Check-In Thread****

We stayed at the GCH for the first time, and it was ok. I think I much prefer the DLH though, for the pool and the rooms. I loved the location of the GCH and the bunk beds. We had a room on the second floor above Napa Rose and the Spa, so it was really easy to pop into our room through out the day to fill up our water bottles, take a pool break, and then pop back in to DCA. But if I was in charge, I'd take the DLH and put bunk beds in it and then have the DLH and the GCH trade places. And Storytellers... I don't know why they even have a character meal in there! After 45 minutes we had only seen Meeko (or whatever the racoon's name is) and I had to ask to talk to the character handler so that we could see anyone else. Finally, Dale came to our table, but then Chip was coming from the other direction, so skipped us and then we had to talk to the character handler again to get Chip to come back. We never did see either of the bears, and after 90 minutes, we decided to ask for the bill, and by that time, the characters were finished. The character handler was really nice and pin traded with the kids, but I didn't like that he made up an excuse that the characters "got off track" due to many larger parties. I know from reading on here that it's pretty common, and I should have trusted the reviews and skipped this character meal. DH didn't let me see the bill, but told me that it cost more than our lunch at Blue Bayou!

We had the same experience at Storytellers. :( I chose that for my birthday brunch especially because of Koda & Kenai and they never even stopped by our table. It was really disappointing. The restaurant is beautiful, but service wasn't very good, and the character experience we had here was the worst we've encountered so far.

We also had dinner at Goofy's Kitchen the day we arrived, and brunch at Surf's Up with Mickey & Friends at PCH Grill on our last day on this trip, and Surf's Up was hands down the best experience. Food was pretty good, and the character interaction here was awesome. Stitch was really fun! And we just love Mickey in his lifeguard outfit. ;)

We will be there this Sunday through Thursday, staying at PPH. I am so very excited! We have not been to DLR since 2011 (WDW since 2012), and it's our mini's first trip.

So...looks like it might be on the warm side while we are there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 14

Yeah the temps have been going up the closer we get! I was hoping they'd go down. It's the only thing I'm worried about on this trip.

Lots of water, taking a break in the middle of the day and finding AC whenever you can.

And sunscreen, always make sure you have sunscreen!

Lots of water, taking a break in the middle of the day and finding AC whenever you can.

And sunscreen, always make sure you have sunscreen!
Sunscreen is sitting next to our park tickets and PP+ voucher! I think we'll stay at the park until 1ish then go to hotel for swim/nap to cool off then back to the park around 4ish until closing.

Sunscreen is sitting next to our park tickets and PP+ voucher! I think we'll stay at the park until 1ish then go to hotel for swim/nap to cool off then back to the park around 4ish until closing.

That's our plan. It's the first trip for our 2 year old, and even though he normally refuses to nap, we can at least cool off in the pool a little while before we go back for dinner.

We are all packed and ready to go! We leave at 11:00 am tomorrow and I can't wait until DS wakes up and solves the word puzzle we left for him!

We arrive on Friday and leave on Sunday. Can't wait for our adult only trip.

These are my toe nails. I will do my finger nails in a day or two.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 3
Just leaving Universal Studios and heading to Disneyland in an hour.

After the rides here at US, I can say that I am looking forward to DL even more!

so, well, it was everything I wanted it to be and more, and I guess I'm officially one of you! Planning a trip to the Mouse with my older brother in January!

I leave in a few days! Going to start packing tomorrow, i've given up all hope of doing anything else productive in the meantime and have resigned to watching old trip videos!

We are here (first day in the parks tomorrow) and just watched the fireworks from outside our hotel room! They got us excited for the full show and I can't wait to see the fireworks with the projections

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter