• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

****Official August 2015 Check-In Thread****

sc426

Mouseketeer
I have looked through more then half the pages and could not find an August check in thread so I figured I would start one.

Hi Everyone! Myself and my DH will be at Disneyland/DCA August 4-7 and staying at the GCH. We will be getting married on August 2 and spending our first week as husband and wife at Disney. I mean what better way! After our week at Disney, we will be taking a Disney cruise on the Wonder to Alaska the next week, August 10-17.

We have Fantasmic, World of Color, lounging by the pool and of course all the best rides and restaurants on our list of things to do. So as we get 60 days out, I will definitely be booking it all :)

Yay!!! Glad you started this! And congratulations on your wedding :)

We will be staying at VGC August 9-14. It is me, DH, and our kids ages 6 & 8.

We went to DLR in December 2013 and are excited to go back! And we are on the Wonder in March- but the Alaskan cruise is on my list one day!!

Hey! We're planning on August for our trip, but we haven't decided on our dates just yet - somewhere like the the 15th through the 18th. I'll be with the hubby and our two boys, 11 and 9.

We'll be going on the Wonder in December. Can't wait!

Best wishes, sc426, and happy planning czmom!

Thank you! So far so good with the planning :)

FYI for PlutoJen. The D23 convention is August 14-16. So it will be a mad house that particular weekend.

There wasn't an August thread, that's true (probably because it's still 7 months away) -- but the place to look for any check-in thread is in the Meets sticky at the top of the page -- HERE. That will save you the trouble of combing through pages (although you can always use the Search feature to find something on the forum too). We'll add in the links to the Check-In threads as they begin, as long as we know the threads exist.

On this side of the board -- because DLR planning is a bit more casual than WDW planning -- often times we don't have check-in threads for certain months more than 3 or 4 months in advance. Also, on some occasions we might have someone lined up behind the scenes -- someone who asks us in advance if they can start and manage a specific thread -- who just hasn't gotten around to starting the thread yet.

But in this case, there was no August thread -- so I will add this thread's link to our Meets sticky right now!:)

We are coming back August 2-8. It's myself, my DH, DS17, DS16, DD8, DD6. This will be our 3rd trip to DLR. :cheer2: We're staying at the Park Vue Inn also for the third time. I would love, love, love to stay on property but I need a suite or two rooms to accommodate my family of six which makes it prohibitively expensive for us.

My plans include a lunch at the Blue Bayou hopefully with a waterside table. I've read great reviews of Big Thunder Ranch BBQ so will probably make reservations there. Beyond that I don't have any firm plans. Overall we've been happy with the food at DLR. We really love the Paradise Garden Grill and Pacific Wharf Cafe in DCA. We also really enjoy Cafe' Orleans. We've eaten at Ariel's Grotto twice and my husband did not enjoy his meal last time so he asked that we skip that restaurant.

The whole family really wants a day at the beach. Being from Nevada we rarely get to see the ocean. I've read good things about Huntington Beach which is about 30 miles from DLR.

I'm going to treat my daughters to the Castle Package at the BBB. Since we aren't eating at Ariel's Grotto I thought that would be a fun way to meet the princesses. We love shows so we are going to watch the Aladdin show again and are really wanting to see Mickey and the Magical Map. We usually play World of Color and Fantasmic by ear. Usually my daughters are tuckered out by then but this summer might be different.

We are really looking forward to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. It was being refurbished the last time we were there. My oldest daughter who will be 8 going on 9 is now tall enough to ride California Screamn' and can't wait to do it. That totally freaks me out!

I'll definitely be purchasing Photopass+ again. It was worth every penny! We got so many awesome pictures!

That's our plan for now. We just have so much fun at DLR! ::yes:: We'are already counting the days.

We'll be there for our first trip to Disneyland! We're including it as part of a larger California trip for our 20th anniversary. Can't wait!!!

There wasn't an August thread, that's true (probably because it's still 7 months away) -- but the place to look for any check-in thread is in the Meets sticky at the top of the page -- HERE. That will save you the trouble of combing through pages (although you can always use the Search feature to find something on the forum too). We'll add in the links to the Check-In threads as they begin, as long as we know the threads exist.

On this side of the board -- because DLR planning is a bit more casual than WDW planning -- often times we don't have check-in threads for certain months more than 3 or 4 months in advance. Also, on some occasions we might have someone lined up behind the scenes -- someone who asks us in advance if they can start and manage a specific thread -- who just hasn't gotten around to starting the thread yet.

But in this case, there was no August thread -- so I will add this thread's link to our Meets sticky right now!:)

Thank You Sherry E for allowing me to start this thread. I will definitely know the steps to take the next time I start a thread like this :)

Myself, my best friend, and her mum will be going to Disneyland August 9-14! Well, we'll be in CA the 9-14 but we'll only be in Disneyland itself the 10-13.

This will be my first time ever in Disneyland in Anaheim, and Jem's first time that she'll remember since she hasn't been back since she was two. We've been thinking about staying at Fairfield Inn, and we were going to put down the deposit via the Disney website but for the past two weeks I've continually gotten an error message saying "Sorry we were unable to add the vacation package to your cart as this time, please try again" every single day for a week and a half. Not sure which is the better way to go - keep trying that way, just go through the Fairfield Inn website and buy my Disneyland passes later, or go to AAA.

Thank you! So far so good with the planning :)

FYI for PlutoJen. The D23 convention is August 14-16. So it will be a mad house that particular weekend.

Do you think the Parks will be crazy or just D23? I could see it go either way.

We expect to make our final decision at the beginning of March.

I have read that it's just the conference that is crazy. I hope that is true! Our last park day is the 14th most likely, but I am afraid some will come in early and hit the parks before D23.

We're pretty set on doing a late August trip. We live in NY and our schools go back in September (although probably not after labor day this year) Our plan is to visit family in San Fran for a few days then fly to LAX and use the Howard Johnson's at DL as our base. We'd mostly do the parks but will probably try and fit in a beach day. Crescent Bay sounds great or we'll beach hop to a few spots.

Looks like my DD's and I will be down August 9-16th. Last year we did 8 full days in the park and so far we are planning on doing the same thing this year. May add a few days to go up to Six Flags, but want to get our Disney on for as long as possible. Our memberships run out on the 17th. Not sure if we will renew again. I know in 2016 we will be down for Harry Potter, but not sure if it will be a long trip to add Disney on.

I have heard it go either way. Some years the parks are busy before, during and after and other years the parks are just busy before.

I have read that it's just the conference that is crazy. I hope that is true! Our last park day is the 14th most likely, but I am afraid some will come in early and hit the parks before D23.

I have heard it go either way. Some years the parks are busy before, during and after and other years the parks are just busy before.

We'll try to keep our ears open and prepare for both possibilities, but hey, we'll be at DISNEYLAND!!!:cool1:

I have looked through more then half the pages and could not find an August check in thread so I figured I would start one.

Hi Everyone! Myself and my DH will be at Disneyland/DCA August 4-7 and staying at the GCH. We will be getting married on August 2 and spending our first week as husband and wife at Disney. I mean what better way! After our week at Disney, we will be taking a Disney cruise on the Wonder to Alaska the next week, August 10-17.

We have Fantasmic, World of Color, lounging by the pool and of course all the best rides and restaurants on our list of things to do. So as we get 60 days out, I will definitely be booking it all :)

Congratulations! I think you will have a fantastic time!

We'll be flying in last week of Aug before flying into San Francisco for our before school vacation.

Congratulations! I think you will have a fantastic time!

We'll be flying in last week of Aug before flying into San Francisco for our before school vacation.

Thank You! We are very excited!!!!

We just changed our dates from November to August! We are booked at the Tropicana from August 22-29th:cheer2: We were there this past November and LOVED the Christmas theme so much, we booked as soon as we got home, but now we don't think we can wait that long. I shocked myself by agreeing to go in the summer, we haven't been during the summer months for a very long time. I'm a bit nervous about the crowds. We went labor day weekend in 2006 and the crowds were very minimal. Has anyone been during the end of August? Just wondering if the crowds are the same as mid summer or will they be a bit lighter?(I am HOPING!!!)

We will also be there the last week of August. It will be our first trip to Disneyland after many trips to WDW. It will also be our first trip as DVC owners. We will be staying at the Villas at the GC. We were very lucky to snag a studio for the week. We are on the moon with excitement. i have been reading the DL forums incessantly trying to learn all that I can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter