*** Official April 2021 Thread ***

Actually hoping for a few more hours but still smaller crowd...I just want to be warm again!!!
That sounds like a better combination! I love walking through the parks at night when it’s comfortably warm. And longer hours to spread out smaller crowds😍

I am heading to Universal with some friends but will be getting in town early to hit Disney for a couple of days solo (first time doing that). I will be staying at the Bay Lake Tower 4/19-4/21 :)

My whole family(all the adults) will also be vaccinated by the time we head to Disney on April 17th, so like a wave of relief has washed over me. I finally get to hug my family and spend time with them! Immediately after, I will be flying to a friend's wedding too so I'm so excited for April.
So happy for you! My age group is eligible to start signing up for the vaccine April 12th, while I am on vaca :( Pretty sure I don't feel like going nuts trying to make an appointment while I am at AK, but also looking forward to getting the vaccine so I want to get an appointment ASAP.

Thank you, Roscoe18, I didn't realize that NY's travel restrictions were changing, yay! We are NYers currently living in CT but will be flying out of JFK (just to be confusing, ha!). And obviously we would prefer not to have to test or quarantine in either state!
CTs new 'recommendation' instead of 'requirement' go into effect next week, happy that changed before our trip.

I dreamt about Disney last night, I usually have nightmares about poor planning as the trip gets closer so my subconscious knows it is almost time :D

MamaJessie, I sometimes have dreams that my whole family is in Florida and no one wants to go to Disney but me, and we drive right by ... very sad, although fortunately not at all true!

...looking at hours, does daylight savings have anything to do with park hours? It'll be light out later (just 20-30 minutes, but still...), so maybe park hours will be extended due to that rather thank expectation for higher crowds? Disney at night just hits different for me, and I'm really hoping for the hours to be extended two or three hours while I'm there.

I posted this last month in the "Theme Park Strategy" thread, but maybe it would be beneficial to post it here as well. Just looking for opinions...

I planned a quick little trip for my Husband and I for his birthday/our wedding anniversary. Our flight arrives at MCO early on 4/26 (Monday) and we leave late 4/28 (Wednesday). We have three day hopper tickets.

My original plan was to hit up EPCOT on arrival day and enjoy some of the F&G festivities, and then hop to MK to visit some "greatest hits" and (hopefully, if hours are extended...) enjoy a late park closing. Day two was planned as a HS day, hopefully with a Rise boarding group. If I could secure a early Rise boarding group, then we would hop over to MK or Epcot again after visiting our favorites at HS. If the early Rise group was not secured, I would try again for the afternoon release and plan accordingly. HS is not a high priority park for me, but Rise would be great for his birthday. However, aside from Rise, there are only about four other things I want to do in the park. Our last day was going to be dedicated to AK, this is my Husband's favorite park and the park hours work really well with our departure time.

I've been giving the trip some thought and am now considering dropping park hopper and just enjoying a full day at EC, HS, and AK. We have never had hopper tickets before, and it just seems it might be a little rushed - especially if park hours aren't extended! This is an adult only trip, so maybe we wouldn't be rushed hopping from park to park... I'm assuming things have potential to move quicker without two kids in tow. Also of note, as I said, this is just a quick trip - we have a longer family trip planned in November/December 2021. Would having a trip planned for later in the year sway you one way or another with which plan to follow?

Plan A - Day, 1 EC/MK
Day 2, HS/MK or EC
Day 3, AK

Plan B - Day 1, EC
Day 2, HS
Day 3, AK

Plan C - Day 1, EC
Day 2, MK
Day 3, AK

Thank you!

Last edited:
Looks like hours are now extended through Saturday 4/3. That means in about two weeks, we should see hours for 4/11 to 4/17, the week we'll be traveling. Maybe they post every Monday?

They’ve been updating on Fridays - during mid-morning hours the past few weeks that I’ve been watching. Then watch the following Monday night/Tuesday morning for some in-park ADRs to be opened up during the extended hours.

I posted this last month in the "Theme Park Strategy" thread, but maybe it would be beneficial to post it here as well. Just looking for opinions...

I planned a quick little trip for my Husband and I for his birthday/our wedding anniversary. Our flight arrives at MCO early on 4/26 (Monday) and we leave late 4/28 (Wednesday). We have three day hopper tickets.

My original plan was to hit up EPCOT on arrival day and enjoy some of the F&G festivities, and then hop to MK to visit some "greatest hits" and (hopefully, if hours are extended...) enjoy a late park closing. Day two was planned as a HS day, hopefully with a Rise boarding group. If I could secure a early Rise boarding group, then we would hop over to MK or Epcot again after visiting our favorites at HS. If the early Rise group was not secured, I would try again for the afternoon release and plan accordingly. HS is not a high priority park for me, but Rise would be great for his birthday. However, aside from Rise, there are only about four other things I want to do in the park. Our last day was going to be dedicated to AK, this is my Husband's favorite park and the park hours work really well with our departure time.

I've been giving the trip some thought and am now considering dropping park hopper and just enjoying a full day at EC, HS, and AK. We have never had hopper tickets before, and it just seems it might be a little rushed - especially if park hours aren't extended! This is an adult only trip, so maybe we wouldn't be rushed hopping from park to park... I'm assuming things have potential to move quicker without two kids in tow. Also of note, as I said, this is just a quick trip - we have a longer family trip planned in November/December 2021. Would having a trip planned for later in the year sway you one way or another with which plan to follow?

Plan A - Day, 1 EC/MK
Day 2, HS/MK or EC
Day 3, AK

Plan B - Day 1, EC
Day 2, HS
Day 3, AK

Plan C - Day 1, EC
Day 2, MK
Day 3, AK

Thank you!

We are doing the same - quick trip, same dates - just DH and I, no kids. :) I opted not to get Park Hopper so we could just take our time, and take mid-day cool down breaks if needed... sometimes end of April can be crazy hot! Not like the when we are with the kids and try to do/see it all. In fact, want to focus a day at Epcot to enjoy the Showcase/countries.

We are doing the same - quick trip, same dates - just DH and I, no kids. :) I opted not to get Park Hopper so we could just take our time, and take mid-day cool down breaks if needed... sometimes end of April can be crazy hot! Not like the when we are with the kids and try to do/see it all. In fact, want to focus a day at Epcot to enjoy the Showcase/countries.
Small world! I'm so excited! We are hot people, so I was thinking of mid-day breaks as well - not something I typically do for our winter trips, but I was thinking a quick afternoon dip in the pool might be nice! What parks do you plan on doing?

Small world! I'm so excited! We are hot people, so I was thinking of mid-day breaks as well - not something I typically do for our winter trips, but I was thinking a quick afternoon dip in the pool might be nice! What parks do you plan on doing?

We splurged for Yacht Club, so probably will take a pool/resort day on Monday. Epcot for certain on Tuesday (easy access to YC for a pool break in the afternoon!). Still haven't decided park for Wednesday. FOP is my absolute favorite ride, but I'm not a big fan of AK in the heat without the amazing shows that help manage that. I really love Magic Kingdom in general, so maybe hit the highlights there - SDMT, Haunted Mansion, POTC, Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear and carousel are some of my favorites. Plus Dole Whip at Magic Kingdom just somehow seems better than at other places. I used to be big on coasters (and still am when I am with my kids), but I've had back surgery and can't ride them, so that works in our favor on this trip - no need to wait for those. Going to skip HS - waiting for a trip with the kids to try and snag ROTR. So fun planning for the grown ups this one time.

Plan A - Day, 1 EC/MK
Day 2, HS/MK or EC
Day 3, AK

Plan B - Day 1, EC
Day 2, HS
Day 3, AK

Plan C - Day 1, EC
Day 2, MK
Day 3, AK

Thank you!

We will be there the same time, my daughter turns ten on the 27th! Personally if I already had the ph and money isn't an issue I'd keep them just for the flexibility they provide, especially with so many things being closed and it being a quick trip. At the very least I'd wait and see if and how long the hours change before you decide.

I agree about disney at night and hope they change too so we can get some of that.

Anyone have personal experience with anti-fogging wipes or sprays for glasses/sunglasses while wearing masks? I have only had to wear both mask and sunglasses a handful of times and every time it has been a major PITA because my preferred mask fogs up the sunglasses, no matter how I try to reposition the mask or tuck it under the sunglasses, etc. I haven't searched other forums here so there may well already be a thread on this (please point me to it!), but I thought I would ask here first.

My progress this week: located Visa Rewards Redemption card (took 15 minutes) and loaded accrued Disney dollars to it (took 15 seconds, lol). Rediscovered Minnie-themed Happy Birthday pins I'd bought for DD3 and her BFF when they were on sale ages ago and had completely forgotten about (this trip was postponed from summer and was for their Sweet 16s; we're still celebrating even though now they're closer to 17!). Received custom Sweet 16 ears for both girls that I ordered on Etsy. Peeked at long-range weather forecast (I know it's too early but I can't stop myself).

How's everyone else doing!? Who has started packing!?

I will pack day after Easter even though we leave April 20th. I also have checked accuweather even though its still a ways out! Dealing wirh some health stuff with our oldest now so we are just taking it one day at a time. We are hoping things are fine and we are good to go!

I will pack day after Easter even though we leave April 20th. I also have checked accuweather even though its still a ways out! Dealing wirh some health stuff with our oldest now so we are just taking it one day at a time. We are hoping things are fine and we are good to go!

Best of luck dealing with your eldest's health issues - that's gotta be hard. Sending well wishes your way.

We leave early on the morning of Good Friday, so I have just over 2 weeks until departure day. Time for me to start trying on clothes to see what won't fit any more with my pandemic weight gain :( (we baked a lot when all of my girls were home). Yikes. Then I'll be packing (or shopping!).

Anyone have personal experience with anti-fogging wipes or sprays for glasses/sunglasses while wearing masks? I have only had to wear both mask and sunglasses a handful of times and every time it has been a major PITA because my preferred mask fogs up the sunglasses, no matter how I try to reposition the mask or tuck it under the sunglasses, etc. I haven't searched other forums here so there may well already be a thread on this (please point me to it!), but I thought I would ask here first.

My wife was looking at something like this on Amazon. I have no idea how effective it is yet so I'm curious as well if anyone has any other suggestions. I figured we might get it and assume it's better than nothing.

Gosh, I am so excited for Disney(just like all of you, I'm sure)! I lost 120lbs so far since the last time we went and I just can't wait to take new photos and ride Kali River Rapids, since I couldn't fit. I also think I will be able to fit on Flight of Passage too! My family was sharing with me how sad they were for me last time because I couldn't fit on rides, had to rent a scooter because I couldn't walk well, and then the people snickering about how young and fat I was. They told me they didn't tell me about that part because they knew I would've been devastated as I was already just so humiliated as it was. I know my body feels better completely already. I still have 100lbs more pounds to go until I hit my goal weight but I'm already walking on sunshine. A picture if anyone is curious!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter