***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually I think I read that there is a cheering comp on. I'll see if I can dig out the article...

Umm, check the first post of this thread. It has been linked there almost from the beginning of this thread.

http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/cheer/cheer-worlds-championships

According to easywdw, this competition should not affect the crowd levels in the parks. DHS's morning EMH has been switched from Saturday 9/27 to Wednesday that week because of the activities that will be taking place at DHS (if I recall, they will be in the Indiana Jones theater).

Trying my first post. Not sure about the signature, ticker, etc. I'll try to learn from you guys. DH and I will be staying in a Royal Guest Garden View at POR 4/20-27. We stayed at POFQ in May, 2009. It was my husbands 1st visit. OMG, the whole week it was near 100 degrees and it was really hard for us to enjoy our vacation. I so hope the weather will be 80ish this time. Anyhow, I am so, so excited to go. We are in our 50's and kids at heart!

I'm 57 and dh turns 60 while we are there. We will be at POFQ from the 15th through the 26th, so maybe we will run into each on the bus. :goodvibes

I had to laugh at something on another thread. Someone coming from Maine wanted to know if they would need sweatshirts in May. I think not! We were there in April 2009 and I said it was a little too warm for me then. I know I would never schedule a trip between May and September because of the heat. I'm hoping for 70ish for this trip.

Hi everyone! I am doing my happy dance because we just booked today!:banana: It is our first trip without our 5 kiddos b/c it is our 15 year anniversary celebration! Woot, woot!! We are going April 19-27th and staying at POR. We booked a River view room, got WPF&M tickets with our MYW package, and the dining plan!

I made most of my reservations last week, and so far we are eating at Teppan Edo, Sci-Fi, T-REX, Narcoossee's, Raglan Road, and Mama Melrose with the Fantasmic Dinner Package. We are tryint two new restaurants this year: Narcoossee's and Raglan Road, so we are excited! I have one more reservation to make, so I am trying to figure out where we want to go!

See ya real soon!

Congrats! Disney sounds like the perfect 15th anniversary trip.

Don't forget that at the 45-day mark (when people have to cancel packages without penalty), a good many ADRs may open up. Just check multiple times a day. I planned our last trip in two months and got every ADR we wanted, including 'Ohana and Le Cellier (lunch and dinner).

Thanks for the reminder. Although, I'm not sure if I was to go for the dinner ADR at BoG or not. I'm just getting mixed signals about what it's like for lunch.

I'm getting a little concerned about crowd levels during the week of 4/20-4/27. My brother is bringing his family down an is staying at POP. His reservations were originally for 4/21-4/27. He called Friday to add 4/20 and they told him POP was completely booked. He then called AoA to check on a room there since that's where we are staying, and they told him the same thing. I am just hoping that 4/20 is just the last night for Spring Breakers and most are leaving on 4/21. Historically, the week of 4/20-4/27 has pretty low crowd levels. Have things changed?

It could just be that one night. The 20th is a Saturday, and since it's Flower & Garden there are probably some AP holders who plan weekend trips just for that. I just booked POFQ a few days ago for April 13-20th and didn't have any trouble getting availability.
I got a little concerned a few years ago, because AKL was booked for my dates a few weeks in advanced. I changed to just looking at a few nights midweek, and loads popped open. It was marathon weekend in January, so AKL was packed on those particular days, but the parks were almost completely dead (except when they were running through the parks).

Eeeeee, I didn't think the dance/cheer groups would make that big a difference. :worried: Did I make a mistake? We were there during one once and it was a bit more congested at the one park (Hollywood Studios), but otherwise just fine.

I tried really hard to book a time when it wouldn't be too congested for the sake of the kids ... and DH, who hates crowds. ;)

From my understanding, they only make a difference if you're staying at the same resort as they are. The parks aren't bad.

I'm 57 and dh turns 60 while we are there. We will be at POFQ from the 15th through the 26th, so maybe we will run into each on the bus. :goodvibes

I had to laugh at something on another thread. Someone coming from Maine wanted to know if they would need sweatshirts in May. I think not! We were there in April 2009 and I said it was a little too warm for me then. I know I would never schedule a trip between May and September because of the heat. I'm hoping for 70ish for this trip.

Yeah, I'm a bit worried about the warmth in April. However, I don't want it to be too cold either. I'll probably pack a sweatshirt just because I'm prone to being cold. DH wore shorts pretty much every day, even when we went in January.

Does anyone need to make any changes to their ADR list? I know we've added quite a few new folks lately, so if you want me to list your ADRs here, either post it to the thread here or send me a PM.

If you would, make it easy on me and use this format: Date -- Place -- Time.

I'm old. :rotfl2:

I changed the time of our Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic package on the 28th to 5:50PM

I have made some changes to our ADR's, now that my family has decided to have an opinion about 2 months out. :rotfl2:

4/20 - Biergarten - 1:35 pm
4/22 - Via Napoli - 12:45 pm
4/24 - Yachtsman Steakhouse - 5:30 pm
4/26 - 50's Prime Time Diner - 12:05 pm
4/27 - Be Our Guest - 6:00 pm

Thought I had mentioned it beforee but I guess I didnt.

We changed our BOG to 4:30 pm. Same date just a different time. Thought an early dinner would give us time to ride while folks are watching parade and visits.

Just checking in...... I like to see what my ticker says. ::yes::

Kids still don't know. I'm DYYYYYIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG to tell them. Watching Disney Jr. with YDD this a.m. and a WDW commercial came on and she said "I LOVE Disney, I want to go so bad!"

A little while later watching AFV with ODS and one of the clips was a WDW reveal and DH said "I wonder what you would say if that was you" and he's like "I would be like YAAAAAAYYYYY!"

It's physically painful holding this secret in, lol. :lmao:

We had week 5 (i think) of our Weekly Disney Movie Night this weekend and it was Lion King. So far we've watched:

Alice in Wonderland
Lady & the Tramp
Cinderella
Bambi
Lion King

Funny part is every single week they've picked Cars out of the bowl and every single week they put it back in and draw again. Neither of them wanted that movie on the list but I added in since we're staying at AoA, lol.

I think once I reveal we're going to have to do a Twice-Weekly Disney Movie Night in order to get through them all!

Kids still don't know. I'm DYYYYYIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG to tell them. Watching Disney Jr. with YDD this a.m. and a WDW commercial came on and she said "I LOVE Disney, I want to go so bad!"

A little while later watching AFV with ODS and one of the clips was a WDW reveal and DH said "I wonder what you would say if that was you" and he's like "I would be like YAAAAAAYYYYY!"

We had week 5 (i think) of our Weekly Disney Movie Night this weekend and it was Lion King. So far we've watched:

Alice in Wonderland
Lady & the Tramp
Cinderella
Bambi
Lion King

Funny part is every single week they've picked Cars out of the bowl and every single week they put it back in and draw again. Neither of them wanted that movie on the list but I added in since we're staying at AoA, lol.

I think once I reveal we're going to have to do a Twice-Weekly Disney Movie Night in order to get through them all!

You have way more self-control than I do, lol! I never would have made it this far with that kind of secret. Just keeping normal Christmas presents a secret is almost more than I can bear :rotfl2:

We are trying to do some Disney movie nights, I have a whole list I want to get through. DH is being a pain and says it's too many though :worried: I think DS will do better with the characters if he knows them already!

Alice in Wonderland
Lady & the Tramp
Cinderella
Bambi
Lion King

I could never keep a Disney secret! I am so impressed by those of you who can! :thumbsup2

I think the only reason I'm able to keep it in is because I can still talk about Disney all the time with them - the rides, the character meals, etc. (I'm a Disney TA). I just make like I'm talking about a client -- "hey, DS, check out this hotel my client's staying at, doesn't it look cool?" "DD, my client's going to eat with the princesses; which princess dress do you think she should get for her daughter?" :thumbsup2

If I wasn't allowed to talk about Disney at all, I'm sure I would have burst and told them long ago, lol.

I think the only reason I'm able to keep it in is because I can still talk about Disney all the time with them - the rides, the character meals, etc. (I'm a Disney TA). I just make like I'm talking about a client -- "hey, DS, check out this hotel my client's staying at, doesn't it look cool?" "DD, my client's going to eat with the princesses; which princess dress do you think she should get for her daughter?" :thumbsup2

If I wasn't allowed to talk about Disney at all, I'm sure I would have burst and told them long ago, lol.

Ahh....I may be able to do it if I could talk to them in "code"! Nice! ::yes::

Ooooooo.....so excited. Refund will be deoposited on Feb 6th. Dear Lord, thank God. Now I can truly do the happy dance.:banana::banana::banana::woohoo:

Ooooooo.....so excited. Refund will be deoposited on Feb 6th. Dear Lord, thank God. Now I can truly do the happy dance.:banana::banana::banana::woohoo:

yay!
I wish we would get a refund instead of owing. I need to get off my butt and change the withholdings on some of our jobs so maybe next year we will at least break even.

Has anyone found any good deals on rental cars for April? Looks like dDollar rental is going to be best for now....

Can wait for April 13th - 67 more days...less than 10 weeks!
VWL- 1br
::MinnieMo (DW)
:chewy: (DH)
:tinker: (DD-9)
:ewok: (DS-9)

'08-VWL; '10-VWL; '11-Poly; '12-BCV; '13-VWL

USAND3KIDS said:

This may sound like crazy but how do you check when the refund is supposed to be in?
We did our taxes and I am anxiously waiting for it to be in so I can officially book our trip( driving me nuts Bc I need to make adrs!! Lol)
They said it could take up to 21 days but is love to see a date when it should be deposited:)
Thank you!

Question for you!!! Do your taxes include mortgage interest and student loan stuff by any chance???

I haven't bothered to do our taxes yet, because per all of the financial articles, you can't file until late February if you're filing those forms....:confused3

But, if you can, I'm going to do it!

This may sound like crazy but how do you check when the refund is supposed to be in?
We did our taxes and I am anxiously waiting for it to be in so I can officially book our trip( driving me nuts Bc I need to make adrs!! Lol)
They said it could take up to 21 days but is love to see a date when it should be deposited:)
Thank you!

I know you weren't asking me but there is a website called "Where's my tax refund" you can google it, but you enter your information and it's all in there. :thumbsup2

That would definitely take the edge off.:rotfl:

Has anyone found any good deals on rental cars for April? Looks like dDollar rental is going to be best for now....
From my research, there really isn't anything out for April yet (at least nothing I qualify for).We're planning on one for only a few days though, so I need to be able to rent from one of the places on the Disney property. Right now, the best I can find is around $40/day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter