Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

This is a shame, and I'm guessing it means an AP promo like they offered last year with the extra 3 months is unlikely. APs might make sense for our trip anyway since we're going for a full week, but I think I might be inclined to wait to upgrade after I see how much my kids like UO/IOA once we're there.

That stops us from renewing our AP, or even going to Universal again until the third park is open.
Same here. We went last April and are going again (with APH rate) in a few weeks. We've had such fun, we were considering renewing, but that's not going to happen with no APH rate. Seems like one last trip before the pass expires is likely out of the question as well. Tom Bricker postulated a few days ago that Loews premier would eventually up their rates to match WDW deluxes, but he had the timeframe at several years out.

Same here. We went last April and are going again (with APH rate) in a few weeks. We've had such fun, we were considering renewing, but that's not going to happen with no APH rate. Seems like one last trip before the pass expires is likely out of the question as well. Tom Bricker postulated a few days ago that Loews premier would eventually up their rates to match WDW deluxes, but he had the timeframe at several years out.
Since September, we've had 3 onsite stays with our Universal AP. We are happy with the value it provided. The Universal theme parks are fun but the big draw for us was the deeply discounted hotels.

With lots of DVC points and WDW annual passes, we just don't see any reason to return to Universal until they bring back hotel discounts.

As soon as I saw the news I also thought of Tom’s article. Thankfully we booked a placeholder room for our possible early April trip in December before the rates increased. It’s still up in the air that we will use it though as we have Disney reservations that week too.

I just don't know how they can't offer discounts when it clearly states under passholder perks that it is offered. I just called and of course was told that of course they will continue to offer passholder hotel discounts but of course they would say that. I will be calling in to ask what they will offer instead when I clearly purchased an annual pass and hotel discounts are listed as a perk.

Curious: What does VAX and AP Acquisition refer to?

UPDATE: I did just call Universal customer service to inquire. The TM with whom I spoke, and his supervisor with whom he consulted -- who claimed that supervisors are the first to know about such policy changes -- said they've heard absolutely nothing about this and that it is false. I have no familiarity with the original sources of the information about APH discounts ending, so at present, I'm going to pour a glass of wine and withhold my judgment, unless or until there's a more authoritative source that can confirm or deny.

Last edited:
This is a shame, and I'm guessing it means an AP promo like they offered last year with the extra 3 months is unlikely. APs might make sense for our trip anyway since we're going for a full week, but I think I might be inclined to wait to upgrade after I see how much my kids like UO/IOA once we're there.
I bought the seasonal AP for our Nov trip bc it was cheaper than thr 5 day park to park, the resort discount was an added bonus. We are returning in May as the rate I got at SF in a king suite is what I would pay for a night at pop in wdw so figure get another 5 days out of the passes.

Curious: What does VAX and AP Acquisition refer to?

UPDATE: I did just call Universal customer service to inquire. The TM with whom I spoke, and his supervisor with whom he consulted -- who claimed that supervisors are the first to know about such policy changes -- said they've heard absolutely nothing about this and that it is false. I have no familiarity with the original sources of the information about APH discounts ending, so at present, I'm going to pour a glass of wine and withhold my judgment until there's a more authoritative source that can confirm or deny.

I called as well and they said not true and everyone would be calling to complain if it happened. Who knows. I went ahead and booked my stay even though the rate was the regular rate and if AP rates come out can call and have it applied.

I called as well and they said not true and everyone would be calling to complain if it happened. Who knows. I went ahead and booked my stay even though the rate was the regular rate and if AP rates come out can call and have it applied.

Me too. We're booked for 2/21-25 (I booked a Future Rock Star Suite at HRH back in August 2021 when there was a Stay More Save More rate, for a very modest discount) but after 6 months of looking forward to this trip and the kids being all excited to go back to the Hard Rock, we're not about to cancel it in a fit of pique over APH rates if they never come out (although we did shift to a cheaper hotel -- over $550/night cheaper! -- for our arrival day, 2/20, since we'll be getting there in the evening, around the time the parks close)... but I'll still keep checking for APH rates100 times a day. ☺ If the worst happens and the rumor proves true, we just won't renew, I'll stop recommending the UOAP, and will follow the appropriate channels with guest relations to express my concerns.

Last edited:
that’s from a private FB group, can’t see details.

quick google didn’t see any mention on the “VAX” site that covers this TA booking system. :confused3

Not going to run with hair on fire until I see an official U public announcement
that’s from a private FB group, can’t see details.

quick google didn’t see any mention on the “VAX” site that covers this TA booking system. :confused3

Not going to run with hair on fire until I see an official U public announcement
Nobody believes anything anymore until they see it announced on Rix Flix :rockband:

What is Rix Flix?

I can live with my current rate at CBBR in May. I had already decided I won't be going to Orlando as much in the next couple of years, so I won't be renewing my AP after my May trip. Will probably try to go to the OI meetup in December; they had great resort rates and I wouldn't need a day ticket.

Just because TA's are not going to be able to give APH room discounts doesn't mean anything. There are plenty of promotions out there that are direct to consumer discounts that are not available to TA's. Would it surprise anyone that Universal/Loews doesn't want to pay commission on discounted rooms?

Just because TA's are not going to be able to give APH room discounts doesn't mean anything. There are plenty of promotions out there that are direct to consumer discounts that are not available to TA's. Would it surprise anyone that Universal/Loews doesn't want to pay commission on discounted rooms?
Actually, it seems that yes, TAs will get the best rates. APH rates will not be offered in the foreseeable future period. TAs, through the Vax system will have access to special packages. This is being confirmed by experienced TAs and bloggers here, on FB and in lines. Try out the APHs rates site after Feb 17th and you will see where all of this is going. $$$ UP up up

After reading a post by a self-identified TA on Facebook who was claiming that, "APH rates will still be offered after 2/17, but in the future, you'll have to call the hotels directly, instead of being able to book them through the website," I called HRH this morning to ask if this was true. The TM with whom I spoke said she'd "heard that rumor" too that Universal was considering dropping discount rates from its website, such that they'd have to be booked directly through hotels instead, but she said that they hadn't been informed of any actual change in policy.

She did say that they were recently told in an e-mail that Florida Rates were delayed and would be issued very soon -- but that the e-mail did not mention any future offering/release of APH rates. Whether this means anything is anyone's guess.

Last edited:
Actually, it seems that yes, TAs will get the best rates. APH rates will not be offered in the foreseeable future period. TAs, through the Vax system will have access to special packages. This is being confirmed by experienced TAs and bloggers here, on FB and in lines. Try out the APHs rates site after Feb 17th and you will see where all of this is going. $$$ UP up up

So if TAs will have access to "special packages" going forward -- I assume you mean room-and-ticket packages -- they won't be of any practical use to passholders [who don't need tickets], right? So if it pans out this way, passholders would actually be at a disadvantage, in terms of the number of options available to them for saving money on onsite rooms?

Last edited:
So if TAs will have access to "special packages" going forward -- I assume you mean room-and-ticket packages -- they won't be of any practical use to passholders [who don't need tickets], right? So if it pans out this way, passholders would actually be at a disadvantage, in terms of the number of options available to them for saving money on onsite rooms?
Yeah, that does sound ridiculous.

Regarding the other idea that AP rates will only be available by phone, not the website, do they really want us obsessive types calling everyday to check for AP rates?

Yeah, that does sound ridiculous.

Regarding the other idea that AP rates will only be available by phone, not the website, do they really want us obsessive types calling everyday to check for AP rates?
That seems horribly inefficient from a company standpoint too. You're trying to direct *more* people to eCommerce due to staffing woes that won't go away. Doesn't make sense that they would try to do this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts