Official Amazing Race 21 Thread - NO SPOILERS!

Who came in 1st? Stupid DVR didn't record the extra (I set it to record 30 mins extra but did it right before the show ended and it must have been too late). I managed to catch some of the end but missed the 1st couple teams to come in. The twins bug me and even though Abby was funny (making faces and all that), I still can't like that couple because of the 1st episode (with them running past the couple who told them where the clue was to come in 1st place). I know...it's a game and it was for 2 million dollars, but it did shade my opinion of them. I like the goat farmers, the rockers and the Chip. dancers. The Texans are fine too. I thought I'd like the monster truckers but I'm not really liking them and the twins are just too annoying (work ethics are good, but the annoying factor is too much). I see the twins, Chip dancers and 2 million dollar couple as being the last 3. Truckers and Texans will be the next 2 teams to go...I think.

The rockers came in first. They did the Fast Forward which no other team did.

The monster truck guy is such an "ugly American." Yelling at a cab driver in Bangladesh, one of the poorest countries on the planet, about a million dollars was just tasteless and crass. And, it was NOT the driver's fault. The clue was clear. They were not clear in their directions to the driver. They can leave anytime, TYVM.

Yup. There the only ones I really dislike right now. I actually like the twins, they're supportive and play fair even if they are a bit annoying.

The monster truck couple are such a stereotypical redneck couple. Which is a pity, because when foreigners think of the South, this is what they see and it couldn't be farther from reality.

I still can't like that couple because of the 1st episode (with them running past the couple who told them where the clue was to come in 1st place). I know...it's a game and it was for 2 million dollars, but it did shade my opinion of them.

Totally agree with that! I know that it was just the game and pretty much everyone would have done that, but... They are growing on me though.

When Tall&Short left they said that they wanted to represent the fans at home and my DH quipped "You don't represent ME." They were just so bumbling!!!

Our family has a wager for the race. For some reason my 13yo picked Tall&Short, so he's the 1st out. DH has the Rockers, DD has the Chippies, DS has the Texans. And I have the Goats. I think it's going to be the 1st time ever that we haven't had the winner amongst the 5 of us. We picked after the 1st episode and everyone was kind of mad at Abby&Co. But I think they're going to win it all.

I am really really shocked that so many people seem to like Abby and Ryan. To me they come across as entitled, rude, ugly Americans. I truly believe he would push his own mother under a bus if he thought it would help him win the game. They consider themselves so superior to the other teams, I just can't wait to see them gone.

I was really glad that James & Abba used the Fast Forward and won this past week. Not so much because I like them but because it meant Abby and Ryan didn't win.

I am really really shocked that so many people seem to like Abby and Ryan. To me they come across as entitled, rude, ugly Americans. I truly believe he would push his own mother under a bus if he thought it would help him win the game. They consider themselves so superior to the other teams, I just can't wait to see them gone.

I was really glad that James & Abba used the Fast Forward and won this past week. Not so much because I like them but because it meant Abby and Ryan didn't win.
::yes:: I like Trey and Lexi and the Twinnies. They seem to work well together and enjoy themselves at the same time. I wasn't getting the Abby and Ryan thing either, so I'm glad there is one other person on my wavelength. :)

I don't dislike anyone. The teachers were starting to bug me, but they are gone :thumbsup2. My favorites are the rockers and the twinnies.

That was a weird moment with Abby and Ryan on the mat.

We were due for a non-elimination leg, I wasn't terribly surprised. I'm glad they didn't go home.

There hasn't been a lot of bickering yet, it's a nice change from last season!

What was the bad news that the rockers received at the beginning of this leg?? I caught stage 4 but that was it. Did they say who the family mbr was?

Just curious.

Also knew this had to be a non elimination round. They went 4 pit stops with eliminations.

The shorter rocker's dad has stage 4 cancer with no hopes of remission. The rockers are my favorites. I am also liking the twinies now...love that they beat out Ryan and Abby in the scales thing. Love their work ethic. I like the goat farmers too and the Texans and the Chippies. They all get along well and are nice to each other. Monster truckers are ok too. My fave though are the rockers...they are so easy going and I like that he wants to make his dad proud. And what was that Abby and Ryan thing on the mat? He said he was sorry for putting so much pressure to beat Rachel and so-and-so's record of the most times to come in 1st (9 times beats the record)...what did she say back? It seemed tense.

I told my husband last week that of everything I've seen on TAR over the many years we've been watching, only the FF picking up the dead rats made me sick. I cannot handle seeing dead things, and I really, really have a phobia of rats. If I had been racing and that was a challenge, I would walk away from the chance of the money. I truly could not have done that challenge. It's making me ill again just thinking about it.

Seriously, that was the most disgusting thing I ever saw. I couldn't even watch.

The Chippendales are my favourites, but I really love how kind the goat farmers are to each other and how much they love each other. I'd like the twins more if they got laryngitis.

I'd like the twins more if they got laryngitis.
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

That was a weird moment with Abby and Ryan on the mat.

We were due for a non-elimination leg, I wasn't terribly surprised. I'm glad they didn't go home.

There hasn't been a lot of bickering yet, it's a nice change from last season!

Ok Ryan there's no chance of beating Rachel and Dave's record now so CHILL.
Yes, it is very nice without all the bickering and name calling. I like it. I like all the teams.

Is it just me, or do all the boy/girl teams look the same? I really cannot tell them apart.

What was the bad news that the rockers received at the beginning of this leg?? I caught stage 4 but that was it. Did they say who the family mbr was?

Just curious.

Also knew this had to be a non elimination round. They went 4 pit stops with eliminations.

The Rocker is actually a Lawyer. I guess he figured if he wanted represent the Rockers of the 80's & 90's he had to look the part. Either his wife, girlfriend or sister skyped with him, and told him his dad was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer of some kind.

The rockers were 2 hours out in front of everyone. It will be interesting to see if they kept that 2 hr lead next week.

I think the farmers will be gone next week. I think they really fell behind.

I still like the twin girls and I am starting to like the Chip and Dales. The blond one reminds me of Paula Dean's son Jaimie. Or I should say they have very similar voices.

The Rocker is actually a Lawyer. I guess he figured if he wanted represent the Rockers of the 80's & 90's he had to look the part. Either his wife, girlfriend or sister skyped with him, and told him his dad was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer of some kind.

The rockers were 2 hours out in front of everyone. It will be interesting to see if they kept that 2 hr lead next week.

I still like the twin girls and I am starting to like the Chip and Dales. The blond one reminds me of Paula Dean's son Jaimie. Or I should say they have very similar voices.

James is a musician and used to play with Megadeth and Abba is an entertainment lawyer.

This is one of the few teams I like.

LOVE the laryngitis comment about Team Twinnies!! :lmao: That incessant calling out is driving me nuts but I do love how they support each other! Wonderful change for TAR.

The goat farmers are my favorite team. Unfortunately, I think they really did come in way far behind everyone else - the shadows seemed really long and dark when they finally hit the mat. I truly hope they can bounce back next week and that another team (monster truck or Abbie & Ryan & ;)) gets really lost or slowed down. :thumbsup2

I'm glad the rockers were able to keep their lead. Eventually, though, there will be an equalizer flight/train/some other mode of transportation. I hope they don't fall behind then as they're my second favorite team.

I had to laugh at your Disneyfied translation of Chippendales :rotfl:

The goat farmers are my favorite team. Unfortunately, I think they really did come in way far behind everyone else - the shadows seemed really long and dark when they finally hit the mat. I truly hope they can bounce back next week and that another team (monster truck or Abbie & Ryan & ;)) gets really lost or slowed down. :thumbsup2

Did I miss Phil saying they would have to complete a speed bump for coming in last?

Did anyone else catch the twin who completed the scale task push the child aside after the other twin and the children were cheering her on?

Did I miss Phil saying they would have to complete a speed bump for coming in last?

Did anyone else catch the twin who completed the scale task push the child aside after the other twin and the children were cheering her on?

I'm pretty sure Phil mentioned the speed bump and they said they can do anything to stay in the race.

I will give her a pass on pushing past the kids. They are in a race and in that country they really had to push there way though a lot. I would worry more about the people they took out with the long bamboo sticks. That was crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter