Official AK Moonlight Magic Discussion

Add on question, I hope it's okay. I believe one needs a park ticket in order to make FP ressies. Would the MM ticket show up in MDE in order to make FP res?
No. The MM isn't considered ticket media, plus MDX has no idea that you’re going to MM anyway, not to mention the names of the other three guests on your MM reservation.

I dropped off my daughter for DCP in May and I had a reservation for the Epcot MM. I could make FPs for myself since I have an AP, but she had no tickets attached to her account at all so I couldn’t make a FP for her even though she went to MM with me.

You don’t even scan your band to enter the park, so we couldn’t even use the app to make a FP because MDX didn’t even know we were in there.

No. The MM isn't considered ticket media, plus MDX has no idea that you’re going to MM anyway, not to mention the names of the other three guests on your MM reservation.

I dropped off my daughter for DCP in May and I had a reservation for the Epcot MM. I could make FPs for myself since I have an AP, but she had no tickets attached to her account at all so I couldn’t make a FP for her even though she went to MM with me.

You don’t even scan your band to enter the park, so we couldn’t even use the app to make a FP because MDX didn’t even know we were in there.

This is very good info since 2 in our party have APs but the little does not. I guess I won't be making any FPs for before MM, we didn't want to use her hopper for that day and we don't want to split up for any kind of baby swapping either. Thanks for the reply.

Does anyone know what time we’ll be allowed in? Is it similar to MNSSHP in that we can make FP prior? & will we be able to use them since we won’t scan into the park?

Does anyone know what time we’ll be allowed in? Is it similar to MNSSHP in that we can make FP prior? & will we be able to use them since we won’t scan into the park?
The confirmation email says we can go in at 6PM. You can only make FP if you're using regular tix (using your first 3 FP for the day at AK), since this event isn't linked to the magic bands. We've decided this will be our AK day as DD19 would like to see some of the animal trails/Rafikis planet watch that close before 6PM, so we have our 3 FP booked and we're starting our day with a late breakfast at Tusker House.

How have the AK MM crowds been in the past years? Last year at EP MM, it was a little more than I expected. We plan on arriving early. What should be our plan to see the most attractions? I haven’t been to AK since opening of Avatar.

Last edited:
No FP. It doesn’t work like MNSSHP. If you are using a regular day ticket prior to 6 then yes you can make FP.

Welp first AK mm is almost upon us. Hope people will fill us in on what to expect etc. so excited to go next month!

Can't wait to hear about everyone's experience tonight! We are going on 8/22 and can't wait! We'd love some tips and strategies from people who have experienced it!

Can't wait to see tonight's info sheet!
Can't wait to hear about everyone's experience tonight! We are going on 8/22 and can't wait! We'd love some tips and strategies from people who have experienced it!
My tip so far is to go to the AK park ticket window for early check in. You can check in after 12:00 pm at ticket booth #1. Got our wristbands, meal tickets, and 1 ticket each for the games in Dino-Rama.

Went to the DVC booth and guest services. Neither knew anything about early check in.

My tip so far is to go to the AK park ticket window for early check in. You can check in after 12:00 pm at ticket booth #1. Got our wristbands, meal tickets, and 1 ticket each for the games in Dino-Rama.

Went to the DVC booth and guest services. Neither knew anything about early check in.

Where are the meal tickets good for?

Has anyone tried to check in at their resort. We are going to try at Kidani soon. For some reason I feel like it won’t work at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts