"Official" 2024 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

I saw that come across my news feed yesterday about Halloween selling out and I was shocked that it happened so quickly.

I have been dragging my feet about getting tickets for 10/10 or 10/11...how quickly do we think the other parties will sell out? I'm guessing the first night will be the next to sell out!?
There really is no way to predict when a party may sell out. I don’t think it was on anyone’s radar that Oct 31st would sell out in just a couple of weeks.

Since Halloween sold out so quickly, it may cause others to lock in their plans and purchase earlier. Best practice is to purchase your tickets as soon as you know the date(s) you wish to attend a party, to avoid disappointment.

There really is no way to predict when a party may sell out. I don’t think it was on anyone’s radar that Oct 31st would sell out in just a couple of weeks.

Since Halloween sold out so quickly, it may cause others to lock in their plans and purchase earlier. Best practice is to purchase your tickets as soon as you know the date(s) you wish to attend a party, to avoid disappointment.

I bet you’re right. I thought I had more time but I may just go ahead and finalize my plans now!

I can't believe it. We have been talking about going to the Halloween party on Halloween for months and I knew that it hadn't sold out until July in previous years so I was in no huge rush and things got crazy at work this week and I'm just seeing this news. It is the only date that works. Everyone is going to be so disappointed. 😭
I still can't believe it; I couldn't sleep last night. I have watching flights for weeks and was going to finalize the trip this week. I never imagined that with the bad economy and tickets going for $200 each that Halloween would sell out in a week. I'm the planner who snags the Beaches and Cream ADRs and never misses a virtual queue, so this really stings. I'm just kicking myself that I should have known better because of the way Election Tuesday lands this year, Jersey week is super early and coincides with Halloween. I live in Fairfax, VA and the kids have a half day on Halloween and don't go back to school until Nov 6. I guess a lot of people decided this was their chance to visit WDW on Halloween.
I'm dreading telling the kids. The only silver lining is that I hadn't booked flights yet and there is another long weekend at the beginning of October that we can make work, but it will have to be a shorter trip.

Edit: Is there any history of availability opening back up for sold out parties? If we do move our dates and Halloween opens back up, I will really lose it.

Last edited:
Will you have a MNSSHP ticket or, just a day ticket? Park closes to day guests. I don't believe they offer LL after 6PM so final LL window to the best of my understanding is 5PM - 6PM. G+ is not available during party hours.
And IIRC, starting at 6pm, the CMs at ride entrances will check to see if you have a party wristband. Without a wristband, you can't get in any of the lines. If you're already in the park on a day ticket and you also have a MNSSHP ticket, it is best to get your party wristband before 6pm.

Tended to start ushering people out at 6pm in previous years, not so sure what the plan is for this year but doubtful you'll be able to book a VQ for Troy in the evening, think that that is for party guests
Thanks! We have a ticket for Halloween that night too but will be in the park all day. Was wondering for stacking purposes if i could still get LL times at 6 or 7.

Will you have a MNSSHP ticket or, just a day ticket? Park closes to day guests. I don't believe they offer LL after 6PM so final LL window to the best of my understanding is 5PM - 6PM. G+ is not available during party hours.
Both! :) we will be in the park during the day and stay for halloween. Its gonna be a long day haha. But we have a 3 hr nap in between.

And IIRC, starting at 6pm, the CMs at ride entrances will check to see if you have a party wristband. Without a wristband, you can't get in any of the lines. If you're already in the park on a day ticket and you also have a MNSSHP ticket, it is best to get your party wristband before 6pm.
Thanks! We will do this as early as we can :)

I still can't believe it; I couldn't sleep last night. I have watching flights for weeks and was going to finalize the trip this week. I never imagined that with the bad economy and tickets going for $200 each that Halloween would sell out in a week. I'm the planner who snags the Beaches and Cream ADRs and never misses a virtual queue, so this really stings. I'm just kicking myself that I should have known better because of the way Election Tuesday lands this year, Jersey week is super early and coincides with Halloween. I live in Fairfax, VA and the kids have a half day on Halloween and don't go back to school until Nov 6. I guess a lot of people decided this was their chance to visit WDW on Halloween.
I'm dreading telling the kids. The only silver lining is that I hadn't booked flights yet and there is another long weekend at the beginning of October that we can make work, but it will have to be a shorter trip.

Edit: Is there any history of availability opening back up for sold out parties? If we do move our dates and Halloween opens back up, I will really lose it.
Call Disney...sometimes a cast member can work a miracle. I'm not saying definitely they can...but they've helped me twice. Once with a Halloween party ticket and once with a sold out Epcot on New Year's Eve. It's worth a shot! :)

I saw that come across my news feed yesterday about Halloween selling out and I was shocked that it happened so quickly.

I have been dragging my feet about getting tickets for 10/10 or 10/11...how quickly do we think the other parties will sell out? I'm guessing the first night will be the next to sell out!?
If you want party tickets you should buy them right now. Given how quickly Halloween sold out it's anyone's guess how long it will take the rest to. It could be weeks or months, it could be 5 minutes from when I post this.

The 10/31 sell-out pushed me to not mess around with 10/11. That’s heading into Columbus Day weekend and a busy fall break period for many and potentially our only MNSSHP date. Giving Disney $800+ of my money so far in advance annoys me, but I didn’t want to chance it.

Both! :) we will be in the park during the day and stay for halloween. Its gonna be a long day haha. But we have a 3 hr nap in between.
FWIW...I really think G+ is unnecessary on party days. Last year I rope dropped with my AP to do rides and then came back for the party after my usual siesta (though my planned 3 hour nap turned out to be more like an hour and a half since I was staying at the Dolphin), and I basically got the entire park done by the time I left at around noon-ish. Granted, I was solo, but waits were extremely low all day until about 4ish when the first party guests started pouring in. It's very possible to use standby all morning.

Even if you don't plan to do Early Entry, I still don't think you'll need it. For reference I walked straight on to Mine Train at like 10:30am. This was the Friday of Labor Day weekend. YMMV of course but I'm glad I opted against G+ that day, it definitely would have been a waste of money. The only time I would ever really advocate for G+ purchase on a party day is if you're not attending the party that night and plan to hop out to another park, because stacking for the second one is a great idea.

The 10/31 sell-out pushed me to not mess around with 10/11. That’s heading into Columbus Day weekend and a busy fall break period for many and potentially our only MNSSHP date. Giving Disney $800+ of my money so far in advance annoys me, but I didn’t want to chance it.

I'm honestly really thankful I purchased our tickets the day they went on sale for resort guests, and we're not even going during a super busy time (we got tickets for 9/22). It sorta feels like all bets are off with how fast Halloween sold out.

I think the "new normal" in general with anything WDW is if you know your dates just book. Gambling on when something will or won't sell out based on the past seems like a losing proposition these days.

You're 100% right...I think I'm going to go ahead and decide soon which night we want to go and get the tickets!

Call Disney...sometimes a cast member can work a miracle. I'm not saying definitely they can...but they've helped me twice. Once with a Halloween party ticket and once with a sold out Epcot on New Year's Eve. It's worth a shot! :)
I called, no luck. I knew it would be a long shot. Our 6-night trip at the end of October will now be a 4-5 night trip in early October. The kids were bummed but preferred to switch dates rather than miss the party. We have been to the MVMCP but never MNSSHP. I'm still angry at the universe but also recognize these are first world problems. The cast member I spoke with said that demand was insane when the tickets first went on sale. I recommend a big note on the sticky letting people know to finalize their plans ASAP and lock in those tickets. I'll be finalizing today.

I called, no luck. I knew it would be a long shot. Our 6-night trip at the end of October will now be a 4-5 night trip in early October. The kids were bummed but preferred to switch dates rather than miss the party. We have been to the MVMCP but never MNSSHP. I'm still angry at the universe but also recognize these are first world problems. The cast member I spoke with said that demand was insane when the tickets first went on sale. I recommend a big note on the sticky letting people know to finalize their plans ASAP and lock in those tickets. I'll be finalizing today.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us here.

Glad you and your family will be able to attend a party and now you'll be able to celebrate Halloween twice!!

I suspect Halloween is extra fast to sell out also because there is a guaranteed party on Halloween. Thus people who are planning MNSSHP on Halloween itself are more likely to have already booked room/flight/etc and be ready to buy as soon as tickets are available. And knowing that it will sell out months in advance, so not as likely to postpone getting the tickets.

I suspect Halloween is extra fast to sell out also because there is a guaranteed party on Halloween. Thus people who are planning MNSSHP on Halloween itself are more likely to have already booked room/flight/etc and be ready to buy as soon as tickets are available. And knowing that it will sell out months in advance, so not as likely to postpone getting the tickets.
Yes, could be but, historically Halloween took almost 2 months to sell out in recent years and even longer in the past, so selling out in 2 weeks is extremely fast compared to many years of historical information:

Historical Dates Oct 31st Halloween Party Sold Out
2024 - May 21st
2023 - July 3rd
2022 - July 2nd
2021 Boo Bash (restricted attendance) - June 11th
2020 - Cancelled
2019 - October 8th
2018 - October 12th

Last edited:
Yes, could be but, historically Halloween took almost 2 months to sell out so selling out in 2 weeks is extremely fast compared to many years of historical information:

Historical Dates Oct 31st Halloween Party Sold Out
2024 - May 21st
2023 - July 3rd
2022 - July 2nd
2021 Boo Bash - June 11th
2020 - Cancelled
2019 - October 8th
2018 - October 12th
I think the way school calendars worked out this year (and next year!) played a big part and I also just noticed that despite most of October being excluded from the bounce back offer, Oct 27-31 are eligible dates.

I think the way school calendars worked out this year (and next year!) played a big part and I also just noticed that despite most of October being excluded from the bounce back offer, Oct 27-31 are eligible dates.
It seems like a perfect storm of factors this year. PP mentioned the race, Halloween falling on a Thursday this year, etc. But not surprised to hear that demand was crazy for tickets in general. This event is so incredibly popular and seems to get more so every year even as the prices keep going up.

I’m glad you were able to shift your dates even if it means a slightly shorter trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter