"Official" 2024 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

Does anyone remember around when they announce what will be happening at the party vs. when they announce just the dates? Last year we had tickets for 4 parties and got hit with a hurricane, then sickness on the day of, then unexpected cold. I'm on the fence about this year. If Disney has something new other than merchandise, like a new show or new ride overlay, I'd be happy to buy a ticket. If it's going to be the same Sanderson Sisters show that we've had for a few years now, with the same pitch black Space Mountain overlay, etc. I don't know.

Does anyone remember around when they announce what will be happening at the party vs. when they announce just the dates? Last year we had tickets for 4 parties and got hit with a hurricane, then sickness on the day of, then unexpected cold. I'm on the fence about this year. If Disney has something new other than merchandise, like a new show or new ride overlay, I'd be happy to buy a ticket. If it's going to be the same Sanderson Sisters show that we've had for a few years now, with the same pitch black Space Mountain overlay, etc. I don't know.

Last year they announced the dates, fireworks, trick-or-treating, stage show, and parade all in one go at the end of April -- I'll link the Disney blog post here. If anything regarding the big ticket entertainment changes, or something else that would pique interest is happening, I'm sure that will be announced around this time too. IIRC they also teased a few party exclusive treats and merchandise at a press event too, but not all of it.

IIRC the full list of party treats, merchandise, and character meet and greets is usually announced in August about a week before the event, but someone else will need to keep my honest if I'm wrong!

tbh unless you're trying to go for the first party or Halloween itself, I would not stress too much about buying tickets. Every party sold out eventually last year but it took most a while to do that. You'll have plenty of time between when tickets go on sale and they announce details about the offerings.

If we will be in Disney while this is going on, but do NOT want to attend the party... And instead want to time our Magic Kingdom visits accordingly, should we:

1) Plan to visit on party days, knowing we'd have to leave the park early, and no access to fireworks; possibly smaller crowds / shorter lines?
or
2) Plan to visit on non-party days to get the full day, but possibly larger crowds.

Will be there from Oct 26 - Nov 3. Probably will spend two days at MK.

If we will be in Disney while this is going on, but do NOT want to attend the party... And instead want to time our Magic Kingdom visits accordingly, should we:

1) Plan to visit on party days, knowing we'd have to leave the park early, and no access to fireworks; possibly smaller crowds / shorter lines?
or
2) Plan to visit on non-party days to get the full day, but possibly larger crowds.

That is your dilemma. If you want to be able to see fireworks, than you will have to plan for a non-party day as your Magic Kingdom day. Those days do tend to be more crowded. If you don't care about missing fireworks, party days truly are great for lower crowds. Each family will have different priorities, so you'll have to weigh the pros with the cons.

or

Since you'll be there for a week and want to visit twice, could you do one party day and one non-party day? Sounds like you'd have lower crowds on a day if you wanted to rope drop (party day) and get a lot done, then you could potentially sleep in or enjoy the pool on your second day and then head back to MK to finish touring and enjoy the fireworks (non-party day).

or

I agree with doing one of each. One party day to enjoy the lower crowds and thus lower wait times and a second day that is not a party day to enjoy fireworks.

Yeah I think this is what we might end up doing, depending on when they schedule the party days for.

This is what we will do as well. Just waiting on dates to finalize which day to go where. But for sure, one MK day will be on a party day to get "small" crowds, be out by 6pm and get dinner at another resort or see the night show at HS or EP (we have hopper tickets). Second MK day will be on a regular day, but maybe get there late afternoon to finish what we missed the first day then see the fireworks.

Can't wait for the dates to be announced! :)

or

If you will have two days in MK, I'd do one of each! The party days really are lovely, especially first thing in the morning.

Add me to list of anxiously waiting for the dates. Getting to Disney on 10/30 in prep for wine and dine rundisney weekend and I am hoping to go to the party on the 30th or 31st, whichever is offered. The 31st party, with the first race being the next morning, would be the least desirable out of the two, but being only a 5k, I think I would be ok, just extra tired. If there is a party on Nov 1, that would be harder with the 10k a bit more taxing after a night of a late night party. I guess I just have to be patient and see what they offer.

from what bloggers stated last year, Disney announced Halloween news on the 17th of April, but officially announced dates for the event on the 20th. DR guests got to purchase April 27th, non-DR guests got to purchase May 2nd.

And the good news is they had a job ad posted a couple weeks ago for the Sanderson sisters, so we can fully expect to see that part of the event stay the same :)

Does anyone have easy access to the link for the post that has previously circulated showing the historical data for individual dates selling out?
I can't locate it and would appreciate if someone could post that link. TIA

Does anyone have easy access to the link for the post that has previously circulated showing the historical data for individual dates selling out?
I can't locate it and would appreciate if someone could post that link. TIA
The posts on page one contain links to previous years' parties. Clicking those will show sell out dates for each year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter