"Official" 2024 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

We are going to be in WDW during Halloween and considering buying tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween night. I’ve seen that they might have a party on 11/1, if you had the choice would you do the party on Halloween or next night? We are ok with busy we did the Christmas party and had a good plan to ride the rides during the first parade and go to second parade.

What else could we do on Halloween night at WDW if we don’t do MNSSHP?

Thanks! Love everyone’s insights!

We are going to be in WDW during Halloween and considering buying tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween night. I’ve seen that they might have a party on 11/1, if you had the choice would you do the party on Halloween or next night? We are ok with busy we did the Christmas party and had a good plan to ride the rides during the first parade and go to second parade.

Thrill Data showed the Halloween party being less busy than the 11/1 party last year. Plus, 11/1 is a Friday, which might be busier anyway.

I would always choose to go to a party on Oct. 31st over November 1st. Once Halloween night is past, it’s completely over for me. The party would not interest me on the 1st.

If you don’t go to the party on Oct. 31st, I would maybe do a monorail crawl instead and buy a different Halloween type treat from each resort. You could always dress up and maybe end the night watching the fireworks from the beach at The Poly. :)

Otherwise, resorts may have some Halloween specific activities to do during the day, and Disney Springs may have a DJ spinning some spooky tunes.

I would always choose to go to a party on Oct. 31st over November 1st. Once Halloween night is past, it’s completely over for me. The party would not interest me on the 1st.

If you don’t go to the party on Oct. 31st, I would maybe do a monorail crawl instead and buy a different Halloween type treat from each resort. You could always dress up and maybe end the night watching the fireworks from the beach at The Poly. :)

Otherwise, resorts may have some Halloween specific activities to do during the day, and Disney Springs may have a DJ spinning some spooky tunes.
Good point, I feel the same way about going on 11/1. If we can't get tickets for Halloween night, I like your idea of the monorail crawl and ending at Poly for the fireworks!

Good point, I feel the same way about going on 11/1. If we can't get tickets for Halloween night, I like your idea of the monorail crawl and ending at Poly for the fireworks!
In years past it has taken a number of weeks for the first party to sell out so unless you need to wait until a certain date to purchase your tickets, you should be good to purchase tickets for Halloween night.

Also, a party on Nov 1 is not guaranteed. Some years they offer it and other years they do not so we won't know how 2024 works until dates are officially announced.

We did 10/31 a few years back and it was the absolute best! I love Halloween and it just wouldn't feel right doing it on 11/1. Of course, it doesn't quite feel right to me doing a halloween party in Aug. either but it's either that, or no party! 😁 This is what comes when one activates an AP in Sept. and you try to get one more trip in.

(Not So) Patiently waiting for dates to be released! This will be our first time. For those who have gone over Labor Day weekend before, did you feel the crowds were high because of the holiday? Looks like historically the dates would be Friday or Monday of that weekend.
I went Labor Day weekend last year as I often do. The parks are never crowded the way other holiday weekends are because of school schedules and last year was no exception. It doesn’t make a difference to the parties though. They sell the same amount of party tickets regardless. I went to the 9/1/23 party (a Friday) and it felt like every other sold out party I’ve been to since they raised the ticket cap.

Getting so excited, especially as we get closer. Going to try to do two MNSSHP parties during this trip... October 27 and October 31... then catch Universal Horror Nights on Nov 1.

Just got the HHN tickets, now to keep saving up gift cards for when the MNSSHP tickets go on sale

Will this be the big week for this announcement?
Or do we think next?

Will this be the big week for this announcement?
Or do we think next?

The end of month is Halfway to Halloween, which is when they've been announcing it since 2022 -- thinking the first half of this month will likely be reserved for Tiana's Bayou Adventure announcements and we'll hear more about MNSSHP April 31-early May

How do the tickets work if you can't make it for some reason? Do they hold their value to be applied to future tickets just like unused date based tickets?

How do the tickets work if you can't make it for some reason? Do they hold their value to be applied to future tickets just like unused date based tickets?
Yes, exactly. We had tickets we couldn't use due to hurricane in 2022, and then tickets we couldn't use due to illness in 2023. You don't go to the park/use the ticket, and then later give the order information to the ticket person when you call to get the new tickets. One caveat: special event ticket values can only be used for other special events. So you could exchange a MNSSHP for tickets to the Very Merry Christmas party, but not for regular day tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter