"Official" 2022 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I’m working out my park days, do I need to make a park reservation for MK if I bought a party ticket?

As I’m working out my park days, do I need to make a park reservation for MK if I bought a party ticket?

No park reservation required.
No, as long as you don’t plan to enter MK before they begin allowing party guests to enter with their tickets. If you want to go in earlier than that then yes, you would need a park reservation and a valid park ticket/hopper for that day.

We will be there that week, too! You are in luck because this means you have the opportunity to see 2 fireworks shows that night from everything I have read. Enchantment will be shown prior to non-party guests exiting.
I'm not sure where you read this but double check it is correct. If Christmas parties follow same pattern as Halloween parties, Enchantment would not be shown on party nights. Check out the calendar on Disney website. Plus it's not dark enough when non party guests leave.

Thanks for confirming. We will be at MK 12/2 normal hours) and then 12/4, normal hours + the party. So I guess we’ll get to see them twice! I hope I like them better in person than I have streamed online. If not I have faith the Christmas fireworks will bring the magic!

We were considering doing HS on 12/2 since MK will be reduced hours, but ugh, I can’t deal with the stress of genie and then a crowded HS on top of it. I really miss being able to pre-select ride times with FP+
I'm not sure where you read this but double check it is correct. If Christmas parties follow same pattern as Halloween parties, Enchantment would not be shown on party nights. Check out the calendar on Disney website. Plus it's not dark enough when non party guests leave.
I was basing it on this information since it said it ran for 18 months, but I see it was for 2021. https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...rks-sill-place-christmas-party-nights-462666/

Looks like they are starting the party earlier this year and it will not be shown. Thank you for correcting me. We were excited to see both. Sad for those who are not going to the party as there are only a few nights we are there when the party is not happening. We are used to seeing the fireworks multiple nights.

We are at the Poly 4 nights pre cruise in Dec. There are parties 3 out of 4 nights of our stay. We purchased tickets for 12/4.

Does this mean we won’t see Enchantment at all during our stay (the only night of no party we are at Epcot)?
Be sure and look at my updated post. They will not be showing Enchantment this year on party nights.

Last year there was no Christmas Party but only a Christmas themed After hours event. That event started 2 hours later than the Christmas party, which allowed for both fireworks shows being run on the same night. Now with the normal Christmas party back in place, it’s is highly likely they will go back to 2019 an before schedules with just the Christmas fireworks.

Be sure and look at my updated post. They will not be showing Enchantment this year on party nights.
Got it thanks. That’s what I had assumed. Oh well. It’s weird, but I’m not that disappointed to miss Enchanted (I really miss Happily Ever After) This means we will get to see the Christmas fireworks 3x as we the party is scheduled for 3 out of the 4 nights we are at Poly!

I'm thinking of adding this to our week we're there - we are there Sun - Sat and the parties are M/Tu/Th/F. Is it a bad idea to do this for the last night or do you recommend it? How is it for kids 4, 7, 10?

I'm thinking of adding this to our week we're there - we are there Sun - Sat and the parties are M/Tu/Th/F. Is it a bad idea to do this for the last night or do you recommend it? How is it for kids 4, 7, 10?
I was actually hoping that the Christmas party would be my last night there. I'm not a late night person and was hoping that there would be a party so I could sleep in before my flight the next day. I wasn't that lucky.

As for kids? I'm single so no parent here. But I don't think a 4 year old or 7 year old could typically stay up to get your money's worth. Just my opinion.

I was actually hoping that the Christmas party would be my last night there. I'm not a late night person and was hoping that there would be a party so I could sleep in before my flight the next day. I wasn't that lucky.

As for kids? I'm single so no parent here. But I don't think a 4 year old or 7 year old could typically stay up to get your money's worth. Just my opinion.
Oh this 4 year old is a night owl LOL he will have no issues.

Doing the party on December 6th! This will be my first party. We decided to splurge on this instead of the Fireworks Dessert Party. Hopefully it will be worth it.

Plan is to sleep in, then go look at the decorations at the monorail resorts with a late lunch at Steakhouse 71. Then over to Magic Kingdom!

Now... the party ticket gets you in at 4pm. Is that without a park reservation?

What I have read Tuesday and Thursdays may not be as crowded. Unless it is close to a holiday then it could be.

This will be our first party this year, so I can’t speak to the experience, but through all of the reading I have done on these boards, a few questions come to mind.
1. What time are you leaving on Saturday? If you are leaving early, will getting to bed really late cause more stress the next morning? Will you have time to pack?
2. I have read that historically Tuesdays are less crowded than Friday and Saturday parties (I assume due to school nights), so might that be a less stressful time?
3. If you do go earlier in the week, would you be able to sleep in the next morning to rest up for the remainder of the week?
So many things to think about when trying to plan! Makes my head spin. I am sure you will enjoy it no matter what, so go with your gut on what timing will work for your family. Just a few thoughts here in case you didn’t consider them. Have fun!
Doing the party on December 6th! This will be my first party. We decided to splurge on this instead of the Fireworks Dessert Party. Hopefully it will be worth it.

Plan is to sleep in, then go look at the decorations at the monorail resorts with a late lunch at Steakhouse 71. Then over to Magic Kingdom!

Now... the party ticket gets you in at 4pm. Is that without a park reservation?
Our first party is on the 6th, too! So excited! Hoping for lower crowds on a Tuesday!

How crowded is this event compared to the old after hours events?
The after hours event last year was much less crowded than the last couple MVMCP's. Crowd wise, last years after hours event was more along the lines of a 2014 MVMCP. The Christmas party in 2019 was insanely packed with people and way oversold. I remember people 4-5 deep for the second parade on Main Street. It's still a good time.
Hopefully they don't as many tickets this year as they did in 2019.

The after hours event last year was much less crowded than the last couple MVMCP's. Crowd wise, last years after hours event was more along the lines of a 2014 MVMCP. The Christmas party in 2019 was insanely packed with people and way oversold. I remember people 4-5 deep for the second parade on Main Street. It's still a good time.
Hopefully they don't as many tickets this year as they did in 2019.
Very much enjoyed last years after-hours as our first Christmas event. Have tickets for this year, if they oversell like they did in 2019 it will be our first and last MVMCP 🙃

As for getting your moneys worth, if you are spending upwards of $800 for a family of 5, I don't see that ever happening,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter