"Official" 2022 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone.
SO it seems it snows ONLY after fireworks and before/after parade? That's it?
*sad* will have to keep my eyes on main street. in the garden view area it was extremely underwhelming.

Going 12/20. First time at the party and first time being there during the holidays. Also going to MK that morning/day. I’m sure it’ll all be packed, but looking forward to being there sometime other than the summer or spring break. Can’t wait!

Hi! Posted this on the Theme Parks Attractions & Strategy forum but figured I may have better luck asking here. We'll be attending MVMCP on 11/10. I currently have 2 BBB reservations for 3:30pm before the party starts. I'm aware I'll need to use a park ticket to do this since it's before 4pm when my event ticket would let me in. My question is, has anyone done BBB before a party and is it good use of time? I basically grabbed what I could when I made the reservation as I wasn't originally planning BBB for our party day. I don't want it to detract in any way from the party or the kids be uncomfortable. Looking for thoughts/experiences. Thanks!

I'm going to attend the 2nd party in November with my DH, my DSs + SOs (all late 20s). None of the "kids" have been since middle school. My DH and I have been a few times since 2020 and never messed with the photo pass stuff, but I'm wondering if maybe we would consider for the MK Party Day. I hate to sound stupid (and maybe there's a PhotoPass thread), but if I were to buy the 1 day pass, does that entitle my whole group to photos? Like if we took a group picture but my kids wanted one with just the 2 of them?

First time party goer question. If we are already in the park for the day, do we at some point need to go check in for the party? Or not needed since we are already there and have tickets to the party? Thx!

First time party goer question. If we are already in the park for the day, do we at some point need to go check in for the party? Or not needed since we are already there and have tickets to the party? Thx!
You need to check in to get your wrist band. There are generally 3 locations within the park to do that. Once the first party happens, someone here will post the party map with the exact locations for check in.

We will be there for the December 4 party. Staying at GDT water view room December 3-12. Just missed the Disney plus discount. 😒. The last time we went was in December 2020 and that was the first time we had never had a Christmas party, fireworks, snow, so we are so excited to experience it again for the first time in years. I wanted to book a second party date, but the cost of the party is just too expensive. I still might, but this trip is costing twice the cost it used to. But to be honest, I don’t criticize Disney about it, everything is skyrocketing in cost , except my paycheck. ✈️ Ready for the party⛄⛄⛄⛄

If they open Tron before our date (12/4) I’m going to add another day to our ticket and reserve MK. Was hoping there would’ve been an opening date announced at D23. I feel like there’s a decent chance of it opening!

Not sure if anyone knows this or not but I’m just curious, can you technically buy genie+ if you have a party ticket? I’m considering going one night and I was just thinking even though the mix-in is only 2 hours it might be nice to have a few rides lined up for that time. I know the lines will be short during the actual party (and there’s no genie+ then) but I like going on lots of rides many times 😂 it might also be nice to be able to buy 7DMT for the mix-in time since it sounds like that one still has a wait during the party

Not sure if anyone knows this or not but I’m just curious, can you technically buy genie+ if you have a party ticket? I’m considering going one night and I was just thinking even though the mix-in is only 2 hours it might be nice to have a few rides lined up for that time. I know the lines will be short during the actual party (and there’s no genie+ then) but I like going on lots of rides many times 😂 it might also be nice to be able to buy 7DMT for the mix-in time since it sounds like that one still has a wait during the party
For the Halloween Party (so I assume that it will be the same for the Christmas Party), you could NOT buy Genie+ if you only had Party tickets. If you have daytime park tickets you can buy it and use it until the Park officially closes at 6 p.m. No one can use Genie+ during the Party. If you see folks using Lightening Lane in the Party, it is DAS.

If they open Tron before our date (12/4) I’m going to add another day to our ticket and reserve MK. Was hoping there would’ve been an opening date announced at D23. I feel like there’s a decent chance of it opening!
Disney has not posted jobs for Tron yet and it’s usually about 3 months from job postings to ride opening, so it likely won’t open this year. I hope I’m wrong though!

Going to book opening night. Wouldn't be my first choice of nights to go but only option as it's last night of vacation!

Is the first night really busy ?

Not been since 2005 so looking forward to it

This is my first Christmas Party. Are there any places to watch the parade and fireworks with reserved seating or special event ticketing to have a reserved seat? Will they be offering the Dessert Party?

Going to book opening night. Wouldn't be my first choice of nights to go but only option as it's last night of vacation!

Is the first night really busy ?

Not been since 2005 so looking forward to it
We did opening night back in 2019. We thought it was going to be super busy due to vloggers and such. It really didn't feel to bad. Altho the end of the night got rained out but befor that everything was fun and lines were not bad.

I have Very Merry tickets for the very first time.....we are a party of three (2 adults and teenage son--regular Disney park goers). What is the best strategy for this age, we are certainly able to stay up late :)

Tickets for 12/20

This is my first Christmas Party. Are there any places to watch the parade and fireworks with reserved seating or special event ticketing to have a reserved seat? Will they be offering the Dessert Party?
Yes, I don't think it's been confirmed but rumored that they're doing the tony's town square merriest event like they did last year. It's a party with reserved parade viewing, it's does not include reserved fireworks. For reserved fireworks viewing, you need to look at the dessert parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter