"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long are the waits usually to meet Minnie, goofy, and stitch? Those are the only ones I see us waiting for with our 2 yo. I think he would also like Pooh but I know that one can get long

It was my understanding that Jungle Cruise was closed during MNSSHP. I noticed it had a wait time in MDE that night. Now I'm looking at the photo of the little book they hand out and it has JC listed under Adventureland as one of the available attractions. Does anyone know if it was open?
Yes, it was open - at least until the weather turned. We rode it around 8:15.

Bloggers and members of the media are allowed to use Lightening Lanes at the first party. So there's no way to know if they'll be open to regular folks from that party.
The videos had families going through that I saw. So Im thinking it was DAS like another poster mentioned.

How long are the waits usually to meet Minnie, goofy, and stitch? Those are the only ones I see us waiting for with our 2 yo. I think he would also like Pooh but I know that one can get long

There's a post a little while back that said an hour for Stitch on the first night.

I met Minnie and Goofy on a sold out party back in 2017 and these weren't too bad, I just referred to them as short waits which I think is 30mins or less, Donald and Daisy took 1 hour although others had experienced shorter. I met Mickey during the fireworks, went in as they started, came out after they finished.

I got in line for Pooh and co after 7pm as I had stopped to get popcorn buckets so if you get in line early (not sure what time they are starting to meet this year, something tells me maybe 6:45pm might be a good time to get in line for them - hopefully someone else can chime in with better advice there. I looked back at photos I have kept and I have a photo of the popcorn bucket at 7pm and a photo of me passing the Queen of Hearts at 7:41pm so I must have only been in the queue 40 minutes.

Hopefully if you are not going for a few parties yet, the info that comes in the next few will give you a clearer picture.

There's a post a little while back that said an hour for Stitch on the first night.

I met Minnie and Goofy on a sold out party back in 2017 and these weren't too bad, I just referred to them as short waits which I think is 30mins or less, Donald and Daisy took 1 hour although others had experienced shorter. I met Mickey during the fireworks, went in as they started, came out after they finished.

I got in line for Pooh and co after 7pm as I had stopped to get popcorn buckets so if you get in line early (not sure what time they are starting to meet this year, something tells me maybe 6:45pm might be a good time to get in line for them - hopefully someone else can chime in with better advice there. I looked back at photos I have kept and I have a photo of the popcorn bucket at 7pm and a photo of me passing the Queen of Hearts at 7:41pm so I must have only been in the queue 40 minutes.

Hopefully if you are not going for a few parties yet, the info that comes in the next few will give you a clearer picture.
Thanks! Our ds really doesn’t do well with lines longer than 10-15 minutes so we may have to skip character meets this year and focus on some other things. But if the lines look short we’ll try them out

So is Genie Plus active during the party? I saw videos of people going through the Lightning Lane entrances sometimes?
On the recent Tim Tracker live stream, someone asked about using Genie+ and they said that they had asked if it was available, since they saw individuals in the Lightning Lane, and I believe the cast members said it’s not available. As others have said, they concluded it to be used for the guests using DAS

What are crowds normally like in the 4-6pm timeframe? We’ll be in MK in the late afternoon on a party day, without party tix (by necessity - only time we could get Bibbidi Bobbidi reservations) and wondering if it’ll be packed between people entering for the party and day guests who haven’t left yet?

Ok everyone we’re going to the

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - August 30, 2022​

I’m super excited! Here’s what I want to get done tell me if I can get this all in:

I got a park reservation for that day anyway as I’m an annual pass holder so I’m going to try and do all the rides prior to the party:

Meet:
Goofy
Minnie
Donald
Daisy
Mickey

See:
Two parades
Sanderson Show
Fireworks

Take some awesome photos! What are we thinking the lines will be for daisy Donald Minnie and goofy…do any of them meet together!?

This is my little sons first year he’s going to love it!

I included his first two Halloween costumes do you guys think we should dress up or it will be super hot!?
View attachment 693875View attachment 693876
He is ADORABLE!!

Unless a cold spell hits I would avoid the pumpkin though. That looks way too hot for FL summer/fall. I’d do the second one and while bug bites might be an issue, maybe bring a shirt for until sun falls so you don’t have to worry about the sunburn so much.

What are crowds normally like in the 4-6pm timeframe? We’ll be in MK in the late afternoon on a party day, without party tix (by necessity - only time we could get Bibbidi Bobbidi reservations) and wondering if it’ll be packed between people entering for the party and day guests who haven’t left yet?
Not necessarily packed, but definitely much more crowded then earlier in the day. There will be a steady stream of people coming in once 4pm hits.

So how bad are sold out parties? It’s been a really long time since I went to MNSSHP, back when they were fairly quiet and you could walk onto rides. I bought tix for my sisters and I for 9/5 thinking it was so early (September) and Labor Day so wouldn’t be all that busy. But now seeing it’s sold out.

Thanks just trying to squeeze it in. Only going to MK for the party

Take all of the advice on here with a grain of salt - different things are important to different folks. We are also only going to MK for the party... and it's my dd's birthday - she wants dinner at Tony's so we are going to Tony's at 4:05 p.m. on our party night - and plan to enjoy it before we hit the rest of the fun! If dinner somewhere in MK is on your happy list - then go for it! No need to rush through it, but it doesn't hurt to mention you have party tickets - usually CMs are really good about being mindful of time if they know you have places to be. Have fun!

So how bad are sold out parties? It’s been a really long time since I went to MNSSHP, back when they were fairly quiet and you could walk onto rides. I bought tix for my sisters and I for 9/5 thinking it was so early (September) and Labor Day so wouldn’t be all that busy. But now seeing it’s sold out.
Same here - 9/5 and was shocked it was sold out. Still holding out hope that "sell out" is way less than the "sell outs" of 2019... the next few August parties should give us a better picture. So excited!!!

It’s hard to say. We’ve been to sold out and not sold out parties over the years.

They’ve all felt fairly crowded to me because you’ve got character lines spilling out into walk ways and lines for trick or treating causing some congestion. Plus lots of people waiting in the hub and Main Street for fireworks, parades and shows.

But you can still have a great time, even with the crowds. :) It’s the rainy weather that can dampen your experience more than anything else. Always have a plan A and a plan B for rainy weather.

Easy question but I can’t seem to find the answer—if I buy Memory Maker for my whole trip (Sunday-Wednesday), will it still work for the Tuesday party even though I don’t have a park ticket that day and just a party ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter