"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome. I had a great time! I have never done the party before so I have nothing to compare it to. There was a lot I missed due to the rain. But I enjoyed the whole atmosphere. Entering on Main Street and looking at the decorations was magical. Before the party started, we found a spot and just enjoyed admiring everyone's outfits around us. The trick or treating, parade and fireworks shows were great. I am not usually a stop and watch the parades person but I loved this one. I can't get the music out of my head!
Thank you for your positivity and making the most of your experience. It's a refreshing change.

I just watched a You Tube video of a MNSSHP walk through (the first hour) and it did not seem festive at all. I saw Frontierland and Adventure land and other than the trick or treating and Cadaver Dans (who I LOVE!) I couldn't find anything that looked like Halloween there. Of course, it was like 7:15pm so it hadn't gotten dark yet.
Yes, I will say it did not look as festive as years past to us either. I believe they used to have blow up Halloweenish things on top of the buildings and even the music around the park usedto feel more festive. We were there the entire party, abd although we weren't out necessarily looking for it, it did seem to lack the decor/theming of yrs. past. For example, I think only having the ghosts up by the entrance of the first room of Haunted Mansion instead of out for all to see in passing leaves a hole.

For sold out dates, does anyone know if they will sell a certain amount of tickets at the gate the date of? I know they would do this in previous years on certain nights.

Unfortunately, I was waiting for my friends to confirm which date they could go and the one date they could go just sold out (Sept 5th).

The first spot we went to gave out the bags with a full size M&M candy. Then all the trick or treat areas had barrels in which cast members reached in and grabbed handfuls to give out to each person in line as they went by. The lines moved fast.

Yes. I've been to MNSSHP before. I know how I works.

I had been confused because the link earlier in this thread the person made it sound like you grabbed your own bags. That has been clarified.

With no Cruella or Jane, Tarzan and Turk I only have Elvis Stitch, Aladdin and Abu and Belle and Gaston as a meets to do so having booked two parties I might actually have quite a bit of time on my hands. (I don't bother with trick or treat because I don't like US candy and no one back home will touch it, had to throw it away last time).

So now I don't have to worry about fitting in the photo ops (although there were some that didn't have a CM near them so as a solo party goer I'll have to ask other guests) and I can go on Mad Tea Party and Pirates during the party this time and enjoy a bit more of the Monsters dance party. I was pretty non stop over two parties last time so this will be a nice change.

It is strange that Donald and Daisy don't seem to be there (and Minnie is ?) I would think this would be the must have characters.

Edit: Donald, Daisy and Minnie are at the party, at the time of posting I hadn't seen pics of them yet.

Last edited:
It is strange that Donald and Daisy don't seem to be there (and Minnie is ?) I would think this would be the must have characters.

I thought they were with Minnie by Dumbo. And then Goofy was on his own at Barnstormer. I swear I saw that in one of the vlogs.

Anyone else who has been consuming way too much MNSSHP since Friday remember?

Anyone know what the queue lines are like for rides? With less people in the park and more people watching parades and meeting characters I am hoping they are a little lower. But if there is special overlays on PotC and Space Mountain do those get busy?

Anyone know what the queue lines are like for rides? With less people in the park and more people watching parades and meeting characters I am hoping they are a little lower. But if there is special overlays on PotC and Space Mountain do those get busy?
Not sure you can tell from the first party since it was mostly bloggers who aren’t there to document the rides. I’d guess reports from the next few sold out parties will give you a better idea with and without rain… I assume anytime the entertainment gets cancelled the ride lines could shoot up

About how long were the character wait times on Friday? I know Jack & Sally are longest, but what about some of the others? How early did y’all get in character lines?
I would love to know, too! Especially for Elvis Stitch.

For the outdoor character lines, for lack of better phrasing, I‘m always afraid I’ll get in a line early - and then find out I’m in the wrong place or the cast members will have to move a line and I’ll end up further back. (I am not pushy at all in terms of space/lines so it makes me much less anxious to just go early and wait.) Is it consistent night to night - so that if I watch/read reviews it will be clear where to go?

About how long were the character wait times on Friday? I know Jack & Sally are longest, but what about some of the others? How early did y’all get in character lines?
I remember one vlog (sorry, don’t remember which vlog) mentioned a one hour wait for Stitch. I think they got in line at around 7pm. That didn’t seem too bad.
I would love to know, too! Especially for Elvis Stitch.

For the outdoor character lines, for lack of better phrasing, I‘m always afraid I’ll get in a line early - and then find out I’m in the wrong place or the cast members will have to move a line and I’ll end up further back. (I am not pushy at all in terms of space/lines so it makes me much less anxious to just go early and wait.) Is it consistent night to night - so that if I watch/read reviews it will be clear where to go?
It’s mostly consistent. But sometimes rain or bad weather can cause locations to be moved. And I understand your stress. It can be confusing, even when you try to clarify with CM’s. Sometimes they’re not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter