Official 2022 HHN 31 - Horror is Universal

This is my first time going. This is my way too early ranking based only on how excited I am from the description:

1. Legends Collide - I love Universal Monster. Remind me of the movie Monsters Squad.

2. Dead Man's Pier - I imagine a lot of fog and cold on this one.

3. Hellblock Horror - Although rumors say this was made up at the end after Evil Dead was a no go but It sounds very interesting.

4. Bugs Eaten Alive - this sounds like it going to make a lot of people cry haha.

5. Halloween - Maybe should be higher as it is based on the original movie.

6. Weeknd - I out it around the middle for now but I can see this one being #1 or #10 when all set and done.

7. Fiesta del Chupacabra - Interesting to me because I am from the place that claim the first "sightings" of the Chupacabra

8. Descendants of Destructions - This is where I would cut the line between the houses I most do and the houses Ill do if time permits.

9. Spirit of the Coven

10. Blumhouse

The scare zones:

1. Scarecrow
2. Horrors of Halloween (Would Lil' Boo be there?)
3. Sweet Revenge
4. Graveyard
5. Conjure the Dark

On the road again, see the posts in place. Woot

Attachments

• 2CBE858A-3C37-4EF5-919D-E393882A4D77.jpeg
    2CBE858A-3C37-4EF5-919D-E393882A4D77.jpeg
    45.7 KB · Views: 12

Scare zones seems better than last year. I really didn’t like the NY and SF zones last year. The bug house seems like a prime opportunity to drop stuff from the ceiling. Ick.

Scare zones seems better than last year. I really didn’t like the NY and SF zones last year. The bug house seems like a prime opportunity to drop stuff from the ceiling. Ick.
yes SIF is back per the "Discover Universal" pod cast!!! OMG this house is gonna give me for real nightmares LOL.
SO EXCITED-3 weeks from tomorrow til I walk in the fog!!!!

I'm Excited to try all the new houses, and scare zones. This will be our 3rd HHN

I suspect there are going to be a lot of upset people re: Stranger things.
Some may be
Many got spoiled after having one so many years in a row
Add on top of that how perfect this year would have been of all the years what with there having been an actual haunted house in the show and all.
Maybe they’ll be able to work out something for the final season

I suspect there are going to be a lot of upset people re: Stranger things.
Willing to venture there are many ‘regulars’ who just may be glad not having that house in play might equal an overall more ‘mature audience’. So many more young, seemingly unsupervised kids thronged to ST years. :confused3
Many got spoiled after having one so many years in a row
For a fan of the franchise, it was enjoyable for me; just not scary. More of a set piece. Nothing wrong with that IMO, loved beetle juice & ghostbusters (in the same vein).

IMO too many years of the same subject can just get played out (i.e. the walking dead). Perhaps a break will do us all good lol

sticky updated

Just got my hotel! Was hoping to go September but ended up going late October 24-28th. Strongly thinking about the lights on tour as I doubt I'll get the spouse through any houses after dark. Does anyone know how they choose the houses for the tours? I'd only get 6/10 and I'm very excited about seeing that bug house!

DuskKodesh - that is an excellent question! Have wondered the same thing, have asked several RIP guides, never got a straight answer lol

PS have heard of folks who did the lights-on tour with hesitant travel companions who wound up enjoying it so much, they then agreed to do the actual event. Worth a shot!

I skipped day tour last year. As i recall, Robbie & Mac did them, maybe they can chime in Here?

believe the follow was line up for 6 & 3 hours unmasking tours:

Welcome to Scary: Horror in the Heartland
Puppet Theater: Captive Audience
Wicked Growth: Realm of the Pumpkin
The Haunting of Hill House
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
HHN Icons: Captured

&

Universal Monsters: The Bride of Frankenstein Lives
Revenge of the Tooth Fairy
Case Files Unearth: Legendary Truth

Sooooo a bug house...as long as running away screaming is allowed, I should be fine (but so help me and anyone around me if a spider lands on me).
This is the house that Universal Creative said they will be watching back door to see people fleeing screaming, that their goal is to see if people can finish the house, that when they were doing some walk throughs they jumped when a live moth got in. THIS is gonna be a house to try to forget or else have nightmares lol.

Willing to venture there are many ‘regulars’ who just may be glad not having that house in play might equal an overall more ‘mature audience’. So many more young, seemingly unsupervised kids thronged to ST years.
100% agree. Also with the final season it also gives the a chance to do a great house that also delivers some scares maybe.
I loved Ghostbusters but it wasn't scary at all, Loved Beetlejuice but not scary, Hill House was beautiful in design but really only Tall Man got me each time. Missed the window scare on almost all runs.
Cruise in March was so much fun, Hawaii was dream come true yet I am more excited about HHN?? What is wrong with me LOL?

Just got my hotel! Was hoping to go September but ended up going late October 24-28th. Strongly thinking about the lights on tour as I doubt I'll get the spouse through any houses after dark. Does anyone know how they choose the houses for the tours? I'd only get 6/10 and I'm very excited about seeing that bug house!

It seems that some IP houses are not included. Maybe they are ones that the rights holder won't allow on the tour. The Universal Monsters are usually included though, since Universal owns those rights.

I skipped day tour last year. As i recall, Robbie & Mac did them, maybe they can chime in Here?

If they keep things as they have in the past they do not release information on which houses are being showed for the UMH Tour ahead of time.

I will have to say the ones they have selected in the past have been good choices.

Last years 6 house Tour
2CE0C379-D37A-4DAD-B166-FAB52A8D81E3.jpeg

You are allowed to take photos in selected areas. Your guide will let you know what areas you can take photos in. The guides are wonderful. Tipping the guide is allowed and is a nice way of letting your guide know how awesome they were.

Get your cameras ready.

Wicked Growth House last year. Little Boo is a star now.
F9EA73FE-2DA3-4A10-ABE9-E9FCB27FFFFE.jpeg

F336C2E8-6000-41C0-9243-766CA9D45A93.jpeg

654154EA-DEF5-4B6D-90B0-78B361A4B93D.jpeg

833A45B5-F141-4D0E-A560-16379C0EE66F.jpeg

81CF8FD8-E214-430C-A44C-D85E18EA8120.jpeg

4D00F8EE-FB7E-4123-86B1-794E41F3668F.jpeg

DA3E3A3A-CF49-436A-8272-025C0C702543.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter