Official 2022 HHN 31 - Horror is Universal

The regular park tickets will get you in. Then go to the holding area.
You are good to go!
Everyone needs the hhn park ticket once the park closes at 5:00 on dates for hhn

As long as you have it, you are allowed to wait inside the park until hhn opens

Your day ticket is fine until the park is officially closed for hhn

Your hhn ticket will be scanned and that allows you to stay in one of the holding areas until houses are opened.
Perfect, thanks both 👍🏻

Wednesday and Thursday for your hhn nights would work fine for those dates
Friday the 23 would have more crowds
would they have multiday passes? express is a bit out of budget based on the amount of us going. 5x the amount. would I be able to get everything done in 2 nights? are there some houses that have shorter lines? hard to figure out what I need as its a short trip and of course want to do a bit of everything, both parks, hhn, quick VB. wondering if I need to delay so we can do more?

would they have multiday passes? express is a bit out of budget based on the amount of us going. 5x the amount. would I be able to get everything done in 2 nights? are there some houses that have shorter lines? hard to figure out what I need as its a short trip and of course want to do a bit of everything, both parks, hhn, quick VB. wondering if I need to delay so we can do more?

They have not released any information on the multiday passes yet. Hopefully they will release those soon. In the the past you could purchase the multiday Pass with or without Express included.

If you are planning on going into HHN when the gates open there will be a mob of people usually waiting to get in especially on the weekends.

If HHN Express is out of the budget then maybe you should just plan to stay inside Universal Studios the days you plan to do HHN in the Stay and Scream areas. You can stay in the park when it closes to the other guests. Make sure you have your HHN event ticket with you. Those in the stay n scream areas will be released to the houses before those that are waiting to get in the park outside the gate.

Another option is just purchase a Private RIP Tour for your group or join a Public RIP Tour. This will get you to the front of all the houses without waiting. You would complete all the houses in one night as well as have refreshments before the tour starts and stop at air conditioned lounges to purschase cocktails.

The lines for the houses can be long. There is a lot of walking to the houses on the back lot and back again.

Spending full days in the park and then trying to do HHN in the evening is going be a lot. It is doable, but will be exhausting.

No matter what you decide have a wonderful time. You will love HHN.

We are going to Universal for the first time in September and my 16 year old really wants to go. I'm assuming a Sunday night would be less crowded than a Saturday? Any other tips for us? We probably won't be able to stay until close because of a long drive back home the next day so what would be the top haunted houses to check out?

We are going to Universal for the first time in September and my 16 year old really wants to go. I'm assuming a Sunday night would be less crowded than a Saturday? Any other tips for us? We probably won't be able to stay until close because of a long drive back home the next day so what would be the top haunted houses to check out?
They only have released one house so far so can’t really say what the top houses are. Definitely would recommend to being inside the park before HHN starts you can go into the holding areas in NY section or in Springfield section while they switch over to HHN. You can get ahead of the people coming in from the gate for HHN and do the nearby house with a short wait.

Sunday (exception of Columbus Day weekend) is usually a gold bet for lower crowds.

Sept is less crowded than October.

You can look at the tix prices and get a feel for popularity of the dates.

If you stay & scream, could likely get the houses done if you don’t do the shows or spend a lot of time in the scare zones.

They only have released one house so far so can’t really say what the top houses are. Definitely would recommend to being inside the park before HHN starts you can go into the holding areas in NY section or in Springfield section while they switch over to HHN. You can get ahead of the people coming in from the gate for HHN and do the nearby house with a short wait.
Based upon my limited experience, I would recommend the Springfield waiting area myself. My son and I were able to knock out the first three houses in 15-20 minutes without even needing to use our Express Passes.

Poltergeist: I was at first disappointed to not enter the maze via a facade of the house (since the house is a "character" too); however, how many opportunities are we going to have to enter the maze via an in-construction swimming pool in a thunderstorm. Wound up being one of my favorite facades.

Based upon my limited experience, I would recommend the Springfield waiting area myself. My son and I were able to knock out the first three houses in 15-20 minutes without even needing to use our Express Passes.
Thank you, this is a great tip!

I'm hearing Stranger Things is less likely this year. When I first heard about that a few weeks ago, I wasn't too disappointed; however, having watched half of this season, there's tons of great material that could make the best ST house by far. Assuming the rest of Season 4 holds up, then maybe a house next year, or a multi-season house after the Season 5 finale. Anyway, long way to make a point of, if you haven't started Stranger Things Season 4, then you owe it to yourself. It's pretty great (as far as I have watched).

Planning a Disney trip in Sept. so def. will be doing one HHN! So excited. It's been a few years since I've been. The last time I went I was a bit disappointed in them moving you along so quickly. I could see most of the jump scares which is what I look forward to the most. I also did one of the day time tours after going through at night for 3 of the houses and that was really cool! I am very excited to go with my daughter this year, since we've never been together. We always do our local corn maze horror night here in Vermont, which is the most awesome for a little rinky dink town in the middle of nowhere. We will pick a Wed. or Thurs. to go. Can't wait!

Hello!! Planning our trip and was hoping to get RPR for September with fingers crossed for ROF w/express. Wasn't able to get RPR (at all) or SFR (for under $418 night) in September. We are going for 11 nights. I did book SFR for 9/28-10/9 but I am concerned about the cost of multi night tix with the conversations about the possible price increase. We have only done ROF w/express so not sure how much more the multi night tickets will be. We do go to HHN each night it is happening while we are there (we are hooked). All of that to ask how much more difficult it is to get back and forth from HHN if staying at CBR? CBR does have availability in Sept. We have only stayed at the resorts with boat access and are completely exhausted by nights end. lol This would be our first time a SFR as well. Thank you for any input, I really appreciate it! We are so excited!

I'm hearing Stranger Things is less likely this year. When I first heard about that a few weeks ago, I wasn't too disappointed; however, having watched half of this season, there's tons of great material that could make the best ST house by far. Assuming the rest of Season 4 holds up, then maybe a house next year, or a multi-season house after the Season 5 finale. Anyway, long way to make a point of, if you haven't started Stranger Things Season 4, then you owe it to yourself. It's pretty great (as far as I have watched).
I’ve been seeing things in other places too that are now pointing to no Netflix house at all this year so that likely means no Fear Street either.

Without giving any spoilers in case people haven’t watched it all yet - this season is the one year a horror based house could have really worked for Stranger Things and actually been scary 😔

I’ve been seeing things in other places too that are now pointing to no Netflix house at all this year so that likely means no Fear Street either.

Without giving any spoilers in case people haven’t watched it all yet - this season is the one year a horror based house could have really worked for Stranger Things and actually been scary 😔
Really enjoying Stranger Things this year. Already can imagine the house facade! Would actually like to see what they could do with that house this year. We will probably book our RIP tour soon. Any guess when prices will go up? Nothing has yet-right? I better decide today:)-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter