Official 2022 HHN 31 - Horror is Universal

I think it’s worth noting that the 2021 screen shot is from BEFORE the all-around price increase last year on HHN EPs…. so while I get it that it’s technically comparing the ”original” prices last year to this year, it’s also relevant, I think, that very shortly after those original prices were released, everything was hiked to prices that were very similar indeed to this year’s prices.

true but it is also possible (likely?) that they will increase prices this year too

I pass that request off to Keisha

She has the magic touch ….Emolis is her strong point….
Yes please. You and @keishashadow laughed at me and I was being serious. It made me cry, like really hard. All night long too. If you feel badly there is a way to make it up to me, there's this car I want, Aston Martin DBS Superleggera in Red! Yeah, that would make me feel so much better. Thanks so much, you my friends ROCK! :thumbsup2
1652892562130.png

I'm so excited going for the first time early September! As we are coming from the UK we will have a week at universal and I think it covers about 3/4 nights of Halloween Horror Nights. Planning on getting a rush of fear ticket if they do them again this year! Fingers crossed! My husband has told me I'm going through the houses in front of him so he can laugh at me 😂

I think it’s worth noting that the 2021 screen shot is from BEFORE the all-around price increase last year on HHN EPs…. so while I get it that it’s technically comparing the ”original” prices last year to this year, it’s also relevant, I think, that very shortly after those original prices were released, everything was hiked to prices that were very similar indeed to this year’s prices.
Okay, we can go there too. Not everyone waits to buy tickets so when comparing apples to apples, the original price is the starting point. Period. However you choose to look at it, you need to realize the price hikes for 2022 haven't even occurred, once they do it's another comparison from 2021 hikes to 2022 hikes.

That was me sitting on the dock with my 13 y/o son waiting for the water taxi to bring my tired butt back to Royal Pacific. Mind you, this was halfway through my training for a marathon and my feet were dead tired (pun slightly intended) by midnight. We spent the day at the parks, but we did go back to the hotel midday to take naps in preparation for HHN. Even with the rest, my feet were HURTING by the end of the evening.

LOL......I would have probably sat on the dock to, but I would not have been able to get back up by then and the thought of sitting were all those shoes had been made me suffer through.....

I have gradually learned my lesson about doing to much during the day before a HHN night tour.

I troopered on though and did all houses but was so tired and run down so never ever will I do any sort of park or shopping before HHN - just relaxing only. I'm so ready for this year! 🙌

Yes, I’am so looking forward to this year too. I will rest up the day of my RIP Tour.

thinking of booking a quick weekend and have never done HHN, can you get a good taste of it on one night? I have horror loving kids age 19,20,23. thinking of Sept 21/22 dates hoping crowds are manageable? am I delusional? was going to stay at a premier for express passes but maybe i should do cabana bay get some volcano bay in and rest/HHN night, then switch for a few days of express pass. any thoughts

was going to stay at a premier for express passes but maybe i should do cabana bay get some volcano bay in and rest/HHN night, then switch for a few days of express pass. any thoughts
Do u have park Tix or APs?

If AP I’d come in on weds or Thursday & just enter parks around 2 pm & stay/scream after dropping bags at hotel. Better chance of room ready early then on a weekday IMO

We r always tired vs rested after a WP day YMMV

Could then switch over to premier thurs/fri or Fri/sat easily

thinking of booking a quick weekend and have never done HHN, can you get a good taste of it on one night? I have horror loving kids age 19,20,23. thinking of Sept 21/22 dates hoping crowds are manageable? am I delusional? was going to stay at a premier for express passes but maybe i should do cabana bay get some volcano bay in and rest/HHN night, then switch for a few days of express pass. any thoughts

The one thing I learned last year (first time going) is that the Express Pass is expensive, but worth it if you can afford it. I just throw it right in with the trip budget. One of the plusses is that if lines are shorter earlier in the night... you can come back later and use the express pass... thus getting through a few houses twice. Really lets you appreciate the work done (knowing you can come back through later).

So I caved and bought a ticket and express pass for the 6th Oct - we'll have got married the day before on Disneys Boardwalk so wanted to splurge and celebrate a little.

Can I ask if we have a 14 day regular park ticket, can we enter around 3pm and linger then go to a holding area or do you need a specific ticket to go to these areas?
I'm sure I've asked this previously but my mind has gone blank 😬

So I caved and bought a ticket and express pass for the 6th Oct - we'll have got married the day before on Disneys Boardwalk so wanted to splurge and celebrate a little.

Can I ask if we have a 14 day regular park ticket, can we enter around 3pm and linger then go to a holding area or do you need a specific ticket to go to these areas?
I'm sure I've asked this previously but my mind has gone blank 😬
The regular park tickets will get you in. Then go to the holding area.
You are good to go!

Everyone needs the hhn park ticket once the park closes at 5:00 on dates for hhn

As long as you have it, you are allowed to wait inside the park until hhn opens

Your day ticket is fine until the park is officially closed for hhn

Your hhn ticket will be scanned and that allows you to stay in one of the holding areas until houses are opened.

The one thing I learned last year (first time going) is that the Express Pass is expensive, but worth it if you can afford it. I just throw it right in with the trip budget. One of the plusses is that if lines are shorter earlier in the night... you can come back later and use the express pass... thus getting through a few houses twice. Really lets you appreciate the work done (knowing you can come back through later).
I had the same plan last year. My son and I were there for Stay and Scream and did the first three houses without even using the Express Pass in 15-20 minutes. My plan was to come back to Puppet Theater and Wicked Growth for a second time at the end of the evening, but our feet were so tired by midnight that we never got back to those houses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter