Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

I have only seen reports of Jingle Cruise and holiday themed Laugh Floor, did they end up doing more overlays?

I really hope they at least bring back the holiday castle projections by Thanksgiving week.

Agree. Their review was brutal but very honest. Pointed out how floats are missing from the parade, the number of performers was reduced, and really no character viewing other than a handful with no real chance for taking selfies from a distance. We thought of adding it on for next week, but not after that review.

For people (like us) who have never attended (and honestly parades/characters aren't really our thing), I felt like we'll probably think everything was grand with nothing to compare it to. I liked how they were clear on that too -- everyone is different, and here are the specifics.

Last edited:
I have only seen reports of Jingle Cruise and holiday themed Laugh Floor, did they end up doing more overlays?

I really hope they at least bring back the holiday castle projections by Thanksgiving week.

Holiday castle projections aren't happening. They are focusing on the 50th.

It is my sincere wish that I never go through life looking at what used to be as much as that blog did.

I get that people do that and he was providing a service to his readers by constantly making those comparisons but that would just seem like a horrible way to approach a day of fun.
I get that. But, he is trying to answer the question as to whether it’s a value proposition, and comparing the current event to what’s been offered in the past (or even last month at Boo Bash) gives an independent reference point.

In a grander sense, I think there is a growing sense (backed up by CEO statements and corporate prerogatives) that the company is offering far less (entertainment, hours, benefits, etc) while charging drastically more. The cost for the Christmas event has almost doubled. It’s fair game to compare this one to past offerings in trying to assess its worth. Again, we’re going and paid for this but going in open-eyed to what’s happening.

Asking again….
Park closes at 8. Party starts at 9.
Can you go on rides from 8-9 or do the lines shut down?
Thanks!

Reactions: Sb4
Asking again….
Park closes at 8. Party starts at 9.
Can you go on rides from 8-9 or do the lines shut down?
Thanks!
You should have no problem getting in line for rides, but they may be longer waits at first because of day guests that jumped in right before closing. CMs should be checking for party wristbands on everyone getting in line after close.

It is my sincere wish that I never go through life looking at what used to be as much as that blog did.

I get that people do that and he was providing a service to his readers by constantly making those comparisons but that would just seem like a horrible way to approach a day of fun.

In the end there is a whole new generation of guest that don't have a clue of how things use to be.... As long as they come away with a positive experience, that's all Disney has to really be concerned with. WDW is a limited commodity that is in high demand, and it's not like anything else really compares. Not on an entertainment level, and especially not on an emotional level.

I have only seen reports of Jingle Cruise and holiday themed Laugh Floor, did they end up doing more overlays

Holiday castle projections aren't happening. They are focusing on the 50th.

I don’t know how to link it here but according to a post by insidethemagic.net, the overlays will be happening. It was announced when disney announced the Halfway to the Holidays info!

I agree with this and I feel like that's a reason for a lot of the negativity Disney is getting. Could Disney do better? I'm sure, maybe they could. But I also feel that the effects of this pandemic and shut down are massive. And the only way we are going to be happy going forward is to let go of some of that. I'm not saying Disney gets off the hook..I'm just saying that if all that's going to make you happy is the parks going back to everything pre Covid then Disney is never going to make you happy..

I agree with this and I feel like that's a reason for a lot of the negativity Disney is getting. Could Disney do better? I'm sure, maybe they could. But I also feel that the effects of this pandemic and shut down are massive. And the only way we are going to be happy going forward is to let go of some of that. I'm not saying Disney gets off the hook..I'm just saying that if all that's going to make you happy is the parks going back to everything pre Covid then Disney is never going to make you happy..
My take on any Disney complaint is this: any day at Disney is way better than a day just hanging around my house 😊😊

I think there are a great many of us who have both a 1) realistic appreciation that nothing is going back to "normal" / pre-2020, and 2) perceive that Disney is using the pandemic as an excuse to do away with costly benefits like Magical Express, live entertainment, etc. while increasing prices 25-40% on what we had before. Frankly, it's insulting to continue to insinuate that those who have a problem with what's been taken away, or how much things cost, are somehow living in some fantasy land where the pandemic didn't occur. This is consistent with the M.O. of the current corporate leadership; for example, Genie+/LL was in development well before COVID.

I’m as frustrated as anyone with the rising costs and what has been removed at Disney. However, if we are being honest - most things at Disney (current resort, restaurant and park prices) are “Not technically worth it”.

That aside, this looks to be a fun event for those who want to get in the holiday spirit. MVMCP was terribly oversold, so I‘m happy just having the lower crowds/wait times with the Christmas theme. I may not go next year due to price, but looking forward to next week!

You should have no problem getting in line for rides, but they may be longer waits at first because of day guests that jumped in right before closing. CMs should be checking for party wristbands on everyone getting in line after close.
Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter