Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

Guest costumes - there were quite a few guests in costume during the Oct 5 Boo Bash. I saw about a million Cruellas, a ton of Jack/Sally, 2 sets of Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head. Family costumes included the Toy Story crew, the Aladdin crew, etc. I also saw a lot of Loki's this year. One hilarious costume - Alligator Loki. It cracked me up.

We are at WDW this week and part of next and have Boo Bash tickets for October 10th. I have no interest in dealing with such crowds. The Epcot crowds during Food and Wine on a weekday in the middle of the day are pre-pandemic and are not fun. How did you "convince" Guest Services to offer you a refund? Isn't the Disney response usually "well...this is a popular event and there was demand from our guests and we wanted to give guests the opportunity, etc. etc. The tickets DO state non-refundable and non-transferable, etc etc." Thanks!
I think the fact that it was still very early in the event helped. I was just honest regarding my experience and expectations with this being marketed as an “After Hours” event and showed them a few photos. The front line cast member took my input said be right back and went to the back to talk to I presume the manager. When he came back out he offered a full refund.
Reading other reviews from the same 10/5 event I guess I might’ve been in the wrong place at the wrong time. We were at BTMR at the start and they have one concession stand near the entrance, then a treat line near splash…we waited a while for both. Then heading down towards Adventureland to those treat lines and they were horrible as well. Lesson learned…I don’t think I would do another event like this again but if I did I sure as heck wouldn’t be in Frontierland working through Adventureland at the start.

I think the fact that it was still very early in the event helped. I was just honest regarding my experience and expectations with this being marketed as an “After Hours” event and showed them a few photos. The front line cast member took my input said be right back and went to the back to talk to I presume the manager. When he came back out he offered a full refund.
Reading other reviews from the same 10/5 event I guess I might’ve been in the wrong place at the wrong time. We were at BTMR at the start and they have one concession stand near the entrance, then a treat line near splash…we waited a while for both. Then heading down towards Adventureland to those treat lines and they were horrible as well. Lesson learned…I don’t think I would do another event like this again but if I did I sure as heck wouldn’t be in Frontierland working through Adventureland at the start.
I was there on 10/5. I went over by Splash/BTMR one time, while my daughter and her bf were watching the Cadaver Dans (by Country Bears). I went back to them and suggested that we cut through to Adventureland via the Magic Carpets area to avoid the packed Splash/BTMR area. The Fantasyland-Liberty Square walk-through area near Tangled Toilets and Memento Mori was a bit tight, but it always is. Adventureland/Tomorrowland/Fantasyland and the Hub were wide open.

I was there on 10/5. I went over by Splash/BTMR one time, while my daughter and her bf were watching the Cadaver Dans (by Country Bears). I went back to them and suggested that we cut through to Adventureland via the Magic Carpets area to avoid the packed Splash/BTMR area. The Fantasyland-Liberty Square walk-through area near Tangled Toilets and Memento Mori was a bit tight, but it always is. Adventureland/Tomorrowland/Fantasyland and the Hub were wide open.
Thanks for the tips so we know where we can hide from the crowd a little bit while we trick-or-treat… and only venture into the other areas for the must dos. 😀

Do you have a time frame?

Attended 10/8 After reading the majority of this thread, I was a bit apprehensive. Maybe last nights storm from 6:15 to 7 kept people out or just emptied the park, bit except for Main Street, rides were great. Rode 7DMT right after the FW-20 minute wait and then Buzz -15 minutes and at 8:50 devised our plan of attack.

We hit all the candy stops and three of the drink/ice cream stations. Never waited for more than a minute for a Mickey treat. There were CM's at certain points that asked to see our wrist bands-Loved it. Watched a lady and her two children get booted from Mine Train for non-mask compliance. Gave the CM a high five.

I collected about 3 pounds of candy. It was my birthday and I had my button and played it for all it was worth. I was getting 2 and three handfuls of candy at every stop. DW just rolled her eyes. Hey, I'm 71, I don't care. By 9:30 except for Frontier land, crowds did not exist. People parked out in Frontier Land for the Cavalcades. Nuts.

Ooooh that's so cool that the meet and greets are back. I was a little bummed about seeing all the great Oogie boogie bash pictures and the new Cruella but this is hitting all my nostalgia feels

Any word on the distanced meet and greet locations?
Ooooh that's so cool that the meet and greets are back. I was a little bummed about seeing all the great Oogie boogie bash pictures and the new Cruella but this is hitting all my nostalgia feels

Princess Fairytale Hall - Yes, it's confirmed.

Thanks @Farro for posting this awesome addition! :thumbsup2

Princess Fairytale Hall - Yes, it's confirmed.

Thanks @Farro for posting this awesome addition! :thumbsup2

Do you have a link? Very excited about this. It is JUST what Boo Bash needed. Something simple to add to the entertainment. Not sure why it wasn't sooner. Also is it inside Fairytale Hall? Or are they outside? The photo I saw the person had no mask, so I was curious.

Is it true that despite it being sold out online that they sell tickets day of if you walk to the booth?

We did Boo Bash on 10/5, which was a sold out event. We were prepared for the worst, but it turned out to be fantastic! By 9:30pm, we were seeing very low waits for pretty much everything save for 7DMT. My kids are older and just really wanted to focus on the rides. We saw nearly empty queues at rides like Space Mountain, BTMR, and PoC for the rest of the night. Haunted Mansion stayed a little busy, but we rode it 3 times before we left, and our longest wait was 10 minutes. As I mentioned, 7DMT stayed around 40-50 minutes even towards the end of the party.

Here is a pic my daughter took of us all alone on BTMR around 10:30pm. We were the only ones on the train, and there was nobody left in the queues. When we came back into the station, there were a handful of people in the queue stalls, so we had to get out, but we rode it again three more times as fast as we could get back to the gates.

We headed over to HM and walked through the queue straight to the stretching room, which had about 15 people in it. Then we moved to Tomorrowland and found Space Mountain with an empty outdoor queue:

And an empty indoor queue! There were maybe 20 people at the top in the main room. We rode three more times as quickly as we could get through the queue.

On the last ride, there was nobody in the station queues.

For a sold out event, we were pretty surprised how quickly the park went from feeling busy to feeling very not busy. I would love to hear from someone who was at the same party, and if your experience mirrored ours.

Is it true that despite it being sold out online that they sell tickets day of if you walk to the booth?

You can buy tickets to sold out parties (if there are any available). You don't need to wait until the day of. You can buy them in person for upcoming dates at any ticket booth at any park including Disney Springs.

Long shot but does anyone have 1 extra ticket to tonight’s boo bash they are willing to sell? I have a family of 5 but only 4 tickets. Any other ways to possibly get one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter