Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

Thoughts on which to do -
We have Boo Bash tickets for 9/17. That morning was going to be our AK day and the next day we planned for MK. Trying to decide whether to switch them so we'd be at MK for the whole day and then Boo Bash that night or keep it as is.
It is just DS15 and I for 4 days (rescheduled from April 2020). We both love to open/close parks and snack our way around. Staying at BCV and have reservations for DHS two days so he can explore Galaxy's Edge as long as he wants

For the pessimists like myself who don't believe anything until it comes from an official source, the return of fireworks to the Disney parks was announced on the official Disney Parks blog:

What could be more perfect this year than a summertime visit to a Disney theme park? As we continue to see more communities adjust and ease COVID-19 guidelines, there’s a new sense of optimism with many positive signs moving forward. We’re encouraged by it too, seeing more families making travel plans, friends dining out together more often and more Americans returning to work. And at Disney theme parks, we’re gradually bringing back more of our beloved park experiences.

A Disney tradition since 1957, fireworks shows are what Walt Disney called the perfect “kiss goodnight” at the close of a magical day, and this summer the skies above Disney theme parks will sparkle with color once more. Beginning in July, just in time for the nation’s Independence Day celebrations, our incredibly popular nighttime fireworks spectaculars are returning to Disney parks!

At Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, July 1 marks the start of nightly fireworks performances at Magic Kingdom Park and EPCOT. “Happily Ever After” will transform Cinderella Castle with lights, projections and pyrotechnics, as moments from favorite Disney stories encourage you to grab hold of your dreams and make them come true. And as part of the ongoing transformation of EPCOT, “EPCOT Forever” will produce a spectacle of fireworks, music and lighting effects over World Showcase Lagoon, highlighting the themes of innovation, exploration, imagination and celebration at the core of the park’s past, present and future.

As Disneyland park in California welcomes back all guests, the fun starts July 4 with “Mickey’s Mix Magic” presented nightly throughout the summer. State-of-the-art projections, show lighting and lasers will transform Main Street, U.S.A., Sleeping Beauty Castle and the façade of “it’s a small world” into a dazzling, family fun dance party that goes sky high with fireworks to celebrate the leader of the club, Mickey Mouse.

If you simply can’t wait until your next visit to see some Disney fireworks, you can enjoy a virtual viewing of “Happily Ever After” right now with #DisneyMagicMoments at home. And stay tuned to Disney Parks Blog for opportunities to join us for upcoming live streams this summer!

As a reminder, valid park admission and a park reservation are required for park entry and must be linked to your account. Visit Disneyworld.com/update and Disneyland.com/update for important information, including park attendance requirements.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...aculars-are-back-at-disney-parks-this-summer/

As far as vloggers, a lot of them will be grabbing treats, running around to see characters and cavalcades, most don't really run around to rides so you won't be fighting them in line really.

I agree with you with one slight difference.

If there is a ride overlay or something special going on at the ride, the vloggers will definitely be in those lines. We went to opening night of the Villains After Dark and there was something special at Space Mountain -- I think there was a total absence of light and a special soundtrack, and at POC they had a live pirate racing through the queue and ride....these lines were really long all night.

I’m glad Fireworks are back… it’s a great sign hopefully of things to come. But personally we don’t spend much time on them at Disney. We live at the Jersey Shore and there are fireworks all summer long here. Some towns put on a pretty spectacular show, even though it’s tough to top Disney with the music, projections and all around magic. But my kids barely look up during the Disney fireworks. We make good use of the time for hitting as many rides as possible.

People who called for tickets in the last few days, how long till you got the confirmation email?

Where did you see this at? I havent seen anything saying the fireworks would happen for Boo Bash (though it makes sense that they would overlap it). Just looking for confirmation is all.

Click the blue title and it will take you to the website I quoted. Click HERE and it will take you straight to the site. I’m assuming it’s going to be fun for CM’s to try to decipher who is there for Boo Bash!!

I agree with you with one slight difference.

If there is a ride overlay or something special going on at the ride, the vloggers will definitely be in those lines. We went to opening night of the Villains After Dark and there was something special at Space Mountain -- I think there was a total absence of light and a special soundtrack, and at POC they had a live pirate racing through the queue and ride....these lines were really long all night.
Oh absolutely, unfortunately I don't think they've mentioned overlays yet so we'll have to see! I do LOVE a Space overlay though, especially in pitch black (at VAH the sounds were a blur, could hear them much better riding through on people mover), it's my favorite way to ride it. I don't really care for the POC overlay, but maybe because I'm alone and it just makes it creepy for me (might just be me though). Vloggers or not though, those rides get long lines regardless.

Click the blue title and it will take you to the website I quoted. Click HERE and it will take you straight to the site. I’m assuming it’s going to be fun for CM’s to try to decipher who is there for Boo Bash!!
You get a wrist bands when you enter for the event at/after 7, usually anyway. Once the event starts you have to show your wrist band to do anything, they have a whole system, and they slowly start to funnel everyone without a band out of the park. My oldeset daughter always loves it, walking through a wall of CMs holding her wrist up to show them her band like she's special. Not really that hard for them to figure it out, Disney knows what they're doing with these things.

You get a wrist bands when you enter for the event at/after 7, usually anyway. Once the event starts you have to show your wrist band to do anything, they have a whole system, and they slowly start to funnel everyone without a band out of the park. My oldeset daughter always loves it, walking through a wall of CMs holding her wrist up to show them her band like she's special. Not really that hard for them to figure it out, Disney knows what they're doing with these things.

I know, I’ve been to Christmas parties… just being silly🙃

Where did you see this at? I havent seen anything saying the fireworks would happen for Boo Bash (though it makes sense that they would overlap it). Just looking for confirmation is all.
"prior" means before, they usually end right at the start of the event, which is probably why the ones for certain dates don't start until 9:30 because it gets dark later. It won't overlap, it'll end right before/when the event starts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!