Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

I called today about adding person to our hotel reservation and specifically asked if I could buy additional boo bash ticket and the CM told me “only guest services in the parks and of course subject to availability”. So frustrating to get different answers!

just tried with 3 different CMs - no luck for any tickets.
Tried yesterday to switch tickets from 10/10 to 10/5. Same answer. Only at guest services and told only day off. CM said 50/50 shot. From prior comments I’d bet it’s higher than that.

CM also told me while they can’t refund tickets (if I just cancel 10/10 Boo Bash outright),canceling will generate a credit I can use to buy regular park tickets for our trip, or
even an AP if we decide to go that route. Anyone know if that is true? Given the inconsistency of information from CMs maybe somebody here can speak from experience?

I don’t know if it makes a difference but I wasn’t purchasing new tickets, we weren’t able to use our tickets for 8/31 Boo Bash so they were converted to a credit and I used that plus a $42 difference to get the ones for 10/5.

I don’t know if it makes a difference but I wasn’t purchasing new tickets, we weren’t able to use our tickets for 8/31 Boo Bash so they were converted to a credit and I used that plus a $42 difference to get the ones for 10/5.
Oh, yup, that explains it. That does make a difference. I thought you were purchasing brand new tickets.

Oh, yup, that explains it. That does make a difference. I thought you were purchasing brand new tickets.

No! I’ve called three times trying to just exchange Bash Boo tickets I already have and was told NO. That I would have to go in person to exchange at guest services or ticket window. I called AP phone line spent 15 min to talk to CM and then another 30 min once I was transferred to special events line.

No! I’ve called three times trying to just exchange Bash Boo tickets I already have and was told NO. That I would have to go in person to exchange at guest services or ticket window. I called AP phone line spent 15 min to talk to CM and then another 30 min once I was transferred to special events line.
Unfortunately the CMs are really inconsistent, but we have seen other people be able to switch days via phone, but have never seen anyone buy brand new tickets to a “sold out” event via phone. This may be the first time I’ve seen someone switch their tickets to a “sold out” event now that I’m thinking about it. But I did think OP was referring to brand new tickets so when they said it was from tickets that they weren’t able to use, for an event date that has already passed, that made more sense to me.

I’m sorry you haven’t been able to get anyone to help you switch your tickets ☹️. How frustrating and how even more frustrating when you hear that someone was able to do it via phone. Has your ticket date already passed for the ones you want to exchange?

Unfortunately the CMs are really inconsistent, but we have seen other people be able to switch days via phone, but have never seen anyone buy brand new tickets to a “sold out” event via phone. This may be the first time I’ve seen someone switch their tickets to a “sold out” event now that I’m thinking about it. But I did think OP was referring to brand new tickets so when they said it was from tickets that they weren’t able to use, for an event date that has already passed, that made more sense to me.

I’m sorry you haven’t been able to get anyone to help you switch your tickets ☹️. How frustrating and how even more frustrating when you hear that someone was able to do it via phone. Has your ticket date already passed for the ones you want to exchange?

Yes dates for my tickets were last week. I just called again first I called AP pass holder line then called original number that was specifically for the Boo Bash event and I was told again that CMs don’t have access to any Boo Bash tickets as all dates are sold out although it’s possible there might be tickets availability at ticket windows in park. It’s very frustrating the way people are having so many different experiences in trying to exchange tickets. Well, I’ll be there on Thursday and try in person to exchange my tickets for party this Friday. That will be only Boo Bash held while we are there.

Yes dates for my tickets were last week. I just called again first I called AP pass holder line then called original number that was specifically for the Boo Bash event and I was told again that CMs don’t have access to any Boo Bash tickets as all dates are sold out although it’s possible there might be tickets availability at ticket windows in park. It’s very frustrating the way people are having so many different experiences in trying to exchange tickets. Well, I’ll be there on Thursday and try in person to exchange my tickets for party this Friday. That will be only Boo Bash held while we are there.
Wishing the best of luck on Thursday. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Wanted to report our experience with Boo Bash last night (Sunday 9/19)

We hopped over to Magic kingdom from Hollywood Studios at 5:30pm with our regular day ticket with Park Hopper. We planned on getting there about an hour sooner but we were waiting to ride ROTR with our Boarding Group #99 . Unfortunately the ride went down when we were just about near the start of the ride and we spent about 45 minutes waiting before they got it up and running again.

Anyhow, once we arrived at MK we rode POTC (Walk On) Got some food from Pecos Bills, rode Splash Mountain (Walk On) - We back tracked to Tortuga Tavern after Splash to check in for Boo Bash and get our wristbands. Then went to Haunted mansion, Posted wait was 30 Minutes but actual wait was about 10 - We then hit Mickeys Philharmagic just about when fireworks were ready to start. We left PhilHarmagic as HEA was still going so we watched some of the fireworks from behind the castle while we headed slowly to 7DMT.

We got to 7dmt right after 8:30 and they made sure we had wristbands at this point to enter the line. Posted wait was 30 minutes but only took 6 minutes until we were on!!! ( This was an amazing surprise)
After we headed to Tomorrowland rode Buzz, then Grabbed Mickey bars and drinks from snack stand. watched some of the DJ dance party while we ate our snacks. Rode the Peoplemover, Rode Buzz a 2nd time, then hit the Monsters Inc treat trail and spent some time inside watching the modified Boo Bash Monsters show.

Then we headed toward Main St. Got some socially distanced photos with Pooh & Tigger in front of Crystal Palace. Then caught the first Villians Calvacade right at the end of Main St near Caseys Corner. Once it passed we walked the parade route toward Liberty Square and caught up to the Jack & Sally Calvacade near Hall Of Presidents. Then kept following the parade route toward Frontierland and saw Chip & Dale and waited a few minutes for the Malificent Calvacade. ( We did this by design instead of waiting in one spot for each calvacade 10 minutes apart)

Next stop we hit Jungle Cruise (Walk On) - Did the Tiki Room Treat Trail - Then got another Ice Cream from Adventureland Snack stand- Ate our ice cream and waited again in Frontierland for the Mickey & Minnie Calvacade on it's 2nd round - Then we rode Splash Mtn again (Walk On) as we exited Splash we happened to catch the 2nd Jack & Sally Calvacade and kinda followed it along as we walked along the side path toward Liberty Square again. We walked over to see Madame Carlotta & the Butler Broome in front of HM for a few minutes then did Peter Pan with about a 10 minute wait. Once we were done PP it was close to midnight so finished off with a ride on Small World and we were the only one on the boats. We had the whole ride to ourselves and it was really kind of cool.

Afterwards we took our time leaving. Took some pictures around the Castle and the Hub. Checked out some of the 50th character statues and eventually left around 1:00 am after most of the crowds had dissipated.
Overall we had a great time and really enjoyed the atmosphere. We planned on making it a ride intensive night and we actually got more done then we expected. The only thing i wanted to do that we missed was the Cadaver Dans but they never really timed out right for us. We flew home today which is why we did not bother with too many treat trails and we still packed our little candy stash in our carry on bag without any issue at MCO. We have done two MNSSHP's and one MVMCP in the past and felt the crowds were much lighter than those. We did a good bit of planning going in and feel it paid off. We would do it again if we could.

Wanted to report our experience with Boo Bash last night (Sunday 9/19)

We have done two MNSSHP's and one MVMCP in the past and felt the crowds were much lighter than those. We did a good bit of planning going in and feel it paid off. We would do it again if we could.
Thank you for such a detailed report. I've been avoiding digging into a plan for my 10/26 Boo Bash, not knowing where to start. Park hopping over from my HS reservation hadn't occurred to me for some reason. That would work nicely if capacity allows it for that day. Fiftieth anniversary crowds might hinder hopping, but for now I'm going to plan it as you did. :flower:

Thank you for such a detailed report. I've been avoiding digging into a plan for my 10/26 Boo Bash, not knowing where to start. Park hopping over from my HS reservation hadn't occurred to me for some reason. That would work nicely if capacity allows it for that day. Fiftieth anniversary crowds might hinder hopping, but for now I'm going to plan it as you did. :flower:

I think by 10/26 the crowds will be back to normal October levels, which can be crowded but I don't see them closing park hopping.

A little late to reporting, but I enjoyed the 9/10 Boo Bash. It was a mix of the old Not So Scary and the generic after hours events, with all the big rides being open, Halloween themed Cavalcades (Including Jack, Sally, and Oogie Boogie), trick or treating, and special foods. No special fireworks or Halloween stage shows. I rode almost everything except for Haunted Mansion, which was broken down about half the night. Never waited more than 5 minutes for anything, and most rides were walk on or waiting for the next vehicle. If you're really into attractions, you can get on everything you want to with rerides.

Boo Bash 09/17

Tl;Dr - did Fireworks, Peter Pan, Space Mtn, Peoplemover, Haunted Mansion x2, Splash Mtn, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, some characters, Cadaver Dans, snacks, shopping. Walkways a bit crowded, but most rides a walk-on.
---------

Arrived in WDW for a solo trip the afternoon of 09/16. I went to Epcot, activated my AP and bought a Boo Bash ticket for 09/17.

Went to HS during the day til about 4:00. Went back to Coronado Springs to rest up, then headed out at 7:00 ish. When I got to MK I found a spot for fireworks. I agree with previous posters that the hub was packed. I found a surprisingly good spot that got more crowded as they had everyone move up and fill in available spots. I had a great view for my first and last time seeing HEA from the hub (I had seen it before from outside the park).

It was a bit of work to make it through the exiting crowd. Once I made it to Peter Pan the crowd thinned out. Through the night there were some patches of crowds in the walkways but the rides themselves were 5 min to walk ons.

After PP, Mine Train was down. Got some candy and a Mickey Bar and headed to Space Mtn. Boy, was that a mistake. It was a walk-on, but it made me totally sick! As I've gotten older, motion sickness has reared it's ugly head. Between getting bashed around in the last seat and riding in the dark, I was so nauseous. I sat right outside and a nice family next to me offered me an extra Mickey bar they had and I politely turned them down. I was regretting the one I had eaten!

After sitting awhile, I rode the Peoplemover since it's a nice calm ride. Also a walk on. Then got some popcorn because it would be easy on my stomach.

I was originally going back to 7DMT because it was back up. But I made the hard decision not to ride it or BTMR since roller coasters at night would add to the motion sickness. I think it's because there's less to focus on and it scrambles my system.

My stomach settled down and everything else was a walk-on or very short wait. Here's my list of rides:

Peter Pan
Space Mtn
Peoplemover
Haunted Mansion x2
Splash Mtn
Pirates
Jungle Cruise

In between I watched the characters outside HM and the Cadaver Dans. Did some shopping, trick or treating, and had chicken tenders and the mocha freeze from Golden Oak Outpost.

I have no frame of reference, but the party didn't seem that crowded to me, especially compared to the huge mass of people that left after the fireworks. There were a lot of people in the walkways at times, but rides were mostly walk-ons. There was a huge line at Splash Mtn, but it turned out to be for candy and not for the ride.

Very happy I went to Boo Bash!

Last edited:
We went to Boo Bash last night 9/21. There were 2 of us, both adults. We took a bus from Pop about 5 to beat crowds and then took the ferry to the Poly to waste a little time. They ended up letting the crowd in at 6:45.

Between 7-8:30, we shopped at the Emporium and stopped for a photo pass. We rode Dumbo, under the sea, Smand Peter Pan.

After 8:30:

photopass x 2
BTMRR
Haunted Mansion
Seven Dwarves
Winnie the Pooh
space Mountain
Buzz
People mover
1 box of popcorn
3 ice cream sandwiches
1 strawberry bar
1 diet coke
3 bottles of water
Several trick or treat stations

We left around 11:30 and wereback at our resort by 12:30. It did rain a bit off and on but not very hard (at least while we were outside).

I will also say that we definitely could have rides more but we still have two full days at MK so we were strolling pretty leisurely.

For Oct 22nd the MK park hours are 9am -830pm. Boo Bash is 9pm - midnight. Does that mean if I don't have a Boo Bash ticket that I can stay in MK and go on rides until 830pm? TIA

My husband and I went to the party on 9/19 and we had a great night! I picked up tickets Sunday afternoon in Disney Springs at their guest services. They were doing a queue/take your name type of wait. They quoted 45 min wait and I only waited around 25 min - so take their advice and don’t go far!

We arrived at the Magic Kingdom just before 6:30. They held all of the Boo Bash ticket holders in front of the tapstiles on the right. At 6:30pm they opened the gates for us! It was super packed but moved pretty quickly. We entered, got our wrist band and candy sack, and we were set!
We didn’t really rush the whole party. We took in the atmosphere and enjoyed ourselves. My husband came to keep me company - Disney (or most theme parks) aren’t really his thing - so he let me decide what to do. The only request he had came at the end of the night… he wanted to leave a little early because his feet were killing him. :)

Here is the list of all we did -
  • Walked in around 6:40pm
  • Slowly walked down Main Street - noticed it was busy but SO much better compared to the crowds we were used to
  • Grabbed a few ponchos
  • Aloha Isle - both thought the pineapple and coconut twist beat the pineapple raspberry twist
  • Tiki Room
  • Pirates
  • BTMR
  • Splash - spotted a few fireworks
  • Watched the remaking fireworks from Splash Mtn area
  • Park was closing and we had our wristbands checked a few times
  • Crowds were less but still busy - walkways were busy but attraction queues were short!
  • Haunted Mansion
  • It’s a small world
  • Peter Pan (longest wait of the night for us at 25 min)
  • Walked by 7DMT - posted wait if 30 min
  • Water and Mickey Bar break
  • Space Mtn
  • Buzz Lightyear
  • PeopleMover
  • Shopped a little on Main St
  • Took the ferry to TTC
  • Made it to the car around 11:45pm

All in all, it was totally worth the cost for the two of us. The rain scared some crowds away, the sun wasn’t horrible, and the lines were pretty short. Almost everything was a ‘walk on’ which to me means there were people in front of us but we walked the whole time through the queue. I only had Sunday to visit Magic Kingdom and we landed later in the day…. So I was thankful for the chance to see Cinderella Castle and enjoy everything.

I’m not sure it would work for my whole family - our kids are 11, 7, and 4. If we didn’t do much leading up to the event, the older two probably would have been fine… the youngest would have been a wild card! ;) We saw several parents trying to push through with tired kids in tow. I’ve totally been there and it’s not really fun for everyone. If we could do it again when the kids are little older, I think it would awesome!

I hope everyone has a wonderful trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter