Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

Love the 5k. The 10k has a retro feel to it. The challenge has a nice mood to it. Not feeling the half yet. Hopefully they’ll have them to view this weekend!

Meh. Really think they would have been better off going with the spinner motif with a complete picture of each of the rivals on the opposite sides. I love the virtual medal and the Kessel is still the perfect classic, though. I was holding out for the medals to see if there was going to be something to knock me off the fence to sign up. This wasn't it. In my opinion, the WDW Star Wars medals have gone way downhill since the inaugural year. The TIE Fighter 10k is still one of my favorite medals from any race.

ETA: I know sometimes the medals don't come across the best in these reveals. I'll hold off on a final verdict until I see them in person at the Expo on Friday.

The double spinner on the challenge medal is awesome! Don't love the half at all, the 10K is better than the half. The virtual one with R2 is fantastic. Not a total bust (like Princess!) but a bit of a disappointment overall.

I'm feeling super discouraged. I haven't been able to run in 2 months because of viral bronchitis. My cough seems to be getting WORSE. (I've seen a doctor twice already). I'm only doing a 10k but considering I was out of shape to begin with and this was my first ever race, I'm very nervous I wont be able to finish. I was only at a 4 mile run/walk in October! I may try a short one mile run over the weekend to see how I feel.

I like the medals. I'm only doing the 5K and that one is pretty neat. My husband is doing all of the races so he'll be getting all but the kid's medals....

Awesome! I really did expect spinners with a full picture on other side though. I’m doing the Rival Run Challenge and my only real regret is that R2 virtual medal. I just tweaked my back trying to do some dishwasher repair at a weird angle so I needed this right now! The moral of the story is Stretch and foam roll kids.

The concept is cool and the dark side characters look great but the light side characters not so much. Hopefully they look better in person but based on the pictures, if you showed me the medal with nothing but the light side characters there is no way I could identify them - especially Rey and Luke. Han and Finn are a bit more recognizable.

I'm feeling super discouraged. I haven't been able to run in 2 months because of viral bronchitis. My cough seems to be getting WORSE. (I've seen a doctor twice already). I'm only doing a 10k but considering I was out of shape to begin with and this was my first ever race, I'm very nervous I wont be able to finish. I was only at a 4 mile run/walk in October! I may try a short one mile run over the weekend to see how I feel.

Sorry you have been sick! You still have time to get ready for a 10K, don't get discouraged! The beauty of the run/walk is that you can adjust it as you need to. I hope you get better soon so you can get back out there! If you were up to 4 I think you will be fine once you start training again. Disney gives you 16 minutes per mile so start at the front of your corral to give yourself an extra buffer. Most people can do 16 minutes at a fast walk so if you can get some running intervals in there too you should be good. :)

Reactions: maw

Sorry you have been so sick for so long! That really sucks! Are you able to walk at all? Just getting out there and getting on your feet just to keep moving. Hang in there - still almost 3 months to go, plenty of time to be ready for a 10k!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter