"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read (almost) every reply in the thread and just wanted to get some feedback from people as this would be my first time attending any special Disney after-hours party in a park.

I'm planning a 3 park day trip with my 7 year old daughter (1 MK day and 1 Epcot day) and am thinking of doing the 11/11 party as our 3rd day.

We've been to MK a many many times and know what rides we like etc and it really seems like this Christmas party is all about a different way to experience the MK and not really a "chance to get on rides with less crowds" (which in reality from everything I read seems like the park is still packed).

All that being said, is a realistic expectation to arrive early at 4 PM, do 3ish hours of our favorites few rides (until 7 when the party begins) and then enjoy the parades, shows, etc while doing a scattering of rides if we want a break? Honestly, the thought of just "being" in the park without worrying about FastPasses, riding every ride, etc sounds absolutely wonderful. ;-)

The late end time concerns me but I think I can push my daughter through it with a nap and a late start (and not much pool time earlier in the day!).

Thanks to all you party veterans for any tips!

I do think there is a real difference between crowds and wait times, however. MK is packed in the sense that it is crowded. However, something like 80% or more of that crowd will be concentrated near the hub for the stage shows, parade, and fireworks for several hours of the party. As a result wait times for attractions stay pretty low during the party compared to regular park days. The wait times are not quite as low was an event like after hours or early morning magic, where attendance is VERY limited and rides are more or less walk ons. But you will still see significantly reduced wait times during the party (e.g., 40 minutes for 7DMT instead of 90+ minutes; 20 minutes for space mountain instead of 60+ minutes etc.)

We've attended several parties in past years and have spent alot of party time staking out a good spot to watch the main stage show and parade from the hub area. Looking for suggestions for a different strategy...maybe walking up for the stage show and catching the parade in frontier land? What time do people start lining up in that area for the 8:30 parade?

Garden has not yet opened up for December, so don’t give up hope yet! Also, hard to say at this time how hard it will be to secure a spot without knowing what the new show will look like. If it’s primarily protection based like HEA and the new Halloween show, to get the full effect you’ll want to be front and center with a good view of the castle. If it’s more like Holiday Wishes, you’ll have good views all over the park. So it will really depend on the make up of the new show.
Thanks - I could have sworn I saw that Garden was also all booked up. I hope not :) Either way, we will enjoy the atmosphere of MVMCP!

Oh...that's confusing... Any idea as to when it actually opens for booking?
We’ve all been watching and waiting, this is definitely new this year, usually they open at the 180 mark - which the terrace party did. But nothing for garden after 11/22.

We’ve all been watching and waiting, this is definitely new this year, usually they open at the 180 mark - which the terrace party did. But nothing for garden after 11/22.
Thank you for all your help! I will keep trying and hopefully it opens up soon - one less thing to worry about if I can get it booked :D

Hello! I went last year with my 6 year old (on 11/13, IIRC) and here is what we got done:
-arrived around 6:30
-rode Winnie the Pooh
-rode IASW
-got awesome spots to watch the parade in liberty square at 8 (parade started at 8:30)
-parade time
-went on BTMR
-went on SDMT (this took 45 minutes)
-fireworks (from behind the castle)
-visited town hall mickey on the way out (left around 11- we were up at 6 AM so we were tired)

When we go again this year I plan on spending a few hours at AK during the day, then arriving around 5. I would like to do more of the less popular rides which I think will be doable. Hopefully we can stay up later as well.
What is IASW?

I do think there is a real difference between crowds and wait times, however. MK is packed in the sense that it is crowded. However, something like 80% or more of that crowd will be concentrated near the hub for the stage shows, parade, and fireworks for several hours of the party. As a result wait times for attractions stay pretty low during the party compared to regular park days. The wait times are not quite as low was an event like after hours or early morning magic, where attendance is VERY limited and rides are more or less walk ons. But you will still see significantly reduced wait times during the party (e.g., 40 minutes for 7DMT instead of 90+ minutes; 20 minutes for space mountain instead of 60+ minutes etc.)

Great reply! My family historically are not “parade people” (as in waiting around in 100 degree humidity for a 3 pm parade) but an evening parade in cooler weather would be just fine.

Excited to experience MK in a different way.

Now I just need some pixie dust to keep my 7 year old up until midnight. ;-)

We've attended several parties in past years and have spent alot of party time staking out a good spot to watch the main stage show and parade from the hub area. Looking for suggestions for a different strategy...maybe walking up for the stage show and catching the parade in frontier land? What time do people start lining up in that area for the 8:30 parade?
This is what I did last year. I walked up for the stage show around 7:30 for what looked like a 7:40 show (from looking at time stamps on pictures). We weren’t as far back as I would have expected, but I’ll probably get there earlier this year. We were about 7 rows of people back.
I can’t speak for the 8:30 parade, but I walked up at 10:30 for the last parade and had my choice of seating.

I keep hearing wait times in the 40 min range for 7DMT and 20 for space, what are the other ride times like? It's our first trip to DW and i booked two Christmas parties. My family is not interested in the stage show, meeting characters, or the parade (we have that covered with Tony's on night #2).

Currently thinking our strategy will be to stay away from the hub on night one, focus on everything other than 7DMT and possibly space in order to get the max number of rides in. Being our first time visit, everything will be new to us. Heck, really excited to ride your version of Jungle Cruise :) Night two, we will be popping in and out of Tony's, plus spending some time watching the parade.

Any tips for maximizing rides if that's your only focus? Whats better to try if we do go for 7DMT, right at the beginning of the party or very end?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, I agree with all of this.

Any tips for maximizing rides if that's your only focus? Whats better to try if we do go for 7DMT, right at the beginning of the party or very end?

7DMT has long wait times at the beginning of the party because a lot of people go straight there. We have, however, had great luck having very short (15-20 min) wait times toward the end of the party. I have heard that going during the parade and fireworks always means a shorter wait time, though we are always at the parade or fireworks so I can't speak from experience.

We always watch the 8:30 show from Frontierland. We usually get there around 7:45ish to find a spot, then I go and find some snacks nearby to eat during the parade (my fave are the pineapple upside down cakes with dole whip on top!) If you wait until 8:00 it's starting to fill up in that area.

While you're there, check out the stores with the limited edition christmas party pins!

So has anyone successfully booked a Garden View Dessert Party in NOVEMBER yet? I went about 10 pages back in this thread and see lots of conversation about December dates, but not about November. I've been checking for weeks and still nothing.

So has anyone successfully booked a Garden View Dessert Party in NOVEMBER yet? I went about 10 pages back in this thread and see lots of conversation about December dates, but not about November. I've been checking for weeks and still nothing.

I’m booked for 11/8

What date in November? The 24th hasn’t opened yet (that’s my date, so I’ve been stalking with the December folks). But everything through 11/22 is open for booking in the garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter