"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to the candy? This was our 3rd party and it seems like the candy has gotten a lot more generic than I recall. Our first party I remember there being Peeps. The second party I remember some caramel apple Werther's. This party I remember receiving a ton of M&M's. Every stop seemed to be exactly the same.

What are your thoughts on the optimal time for eating dinner? We have park tickets along with the party tickets so entrance time is not a factor and we are attending the party on November 1st. We know it will be crazy crowded.

We usually either eat before heading over to the park for the party or if we’re in the park, aim for something to eat around 5:00. Then we’ll get a snack or two over the course of the party. No one wants to waste party time sitting down and eating.

What happened to the candy? This was our 3rd party and it seems like the candy has gotten a lot more generic than I recall. Our first party I remember there being Peeps. The second party I remember some caramel apple Werther's. This party I remember receiving a ton of M&M's. Every stop seemed to be exactly the same.
I received tons of candy, all stops have the same to give out because the candy comes prepacked in boxes. I don’t care for the skittles or starburst but enjoyed all my M&M’s

I received tons of candy, all stops have the same to give out because the candy comes prepacked in boxes. I don’t care for the skittles or starburst but enjoyed all my M&M’s

Yeah I wasn’t really commenting on the quantity of candy. It was about the variety relative to parties we’ve attended in previous years. I also received a lifetime supply of m&ms.

No peeps or werther’s last year, so you must be going back a few years.

No peeps or werther’s last year, so you must be going back a few years.

I am. We go every 2-3 years. Not surprised that there are changes just surprised the offering has become so... simple. Not sure if that is the right word or not.

Frankly we don’t really do the party for the candy itself but getting something rather unique at the event was always nice. Now it’s like I show up at a neighbors house and they give me a handful of candy from their prepackaged variety pack.

More than half of my bag was Skittles and Starburst. I prefer chocolate! I was just looking for a few to snack on, I will give out the non-chocolate stuff at Halloween I guess.

More than half of my bag was Skittles and Starburst. I prefer chocolate! I was just looking for a few to snack on, I will give out the non-chocolate stuff at Halloween I guess.

Right it was the Mars variety bag. M&Ms, skittles, starburst, snickers, 3 musketeers. There were some interesting varieties within the normal brands I suppose.

Perhaps I was expecting more from experiences in previous parties (I think most recent for us was 2015 since we opted to do Christmas in 17) but perhaps this is absolutely normal relative to more recent years.

I’ve been at WDW so not really paying attention. Has 10/14 being sold out been noted yet? Apologies if a repeat.

Agree on the candy!! This was our 13th Halloween party and I have noticed the change over the last few years! Here is a list I had complied and shared on another site from the 2007/2008 parties...When we went in 2007 the handed out full-size bags of Hersheys Kissables..2008 it was a full-size Ghiradelli Bar. I also remember in years past (probably 4 I would say) getting Werthers, Peeps, a large variety...it used to be Goofys Candy Company, but now that is sponsored by Mars its only their brands. I miss the wide variety for sure...it was so much fun to get so many different types of candy! 2008 was a banner candy year!

2007 Candy List:
Sixlets
Bottle Caps
Butterfinger Bars-fun size and minis
Tootsie Roll Pops
Dum Dum Pops
Mini Gummi bears
Safety Pops
Snickers Bars-fun size and minis
Candy Corn
Nascar Chocolate Race Cars
Three Musketeer Bars
Laffy Taffy-Assorted Flavors
Now and Laters-Assorted Flavors
Chic-O-Sticks
Raisins
Smarties
Pumpkin Suckers
Hershey Kisses
York Peppermint Patties
Bulls-Eye Caramels
Jolly Ranchers -Assorted Flavors
Baby Ruth Bars-Fun size and Minis
Nestle Crunch Bars
Chocolate Skulls
Mary Janes
Sour Patch Kids
Tootsie Roll Midgees-Assorted Flavors
Twizzlers
Lemon Heads
Mini Gummy Burgers and Hot Dogs
Hershey's Miniatures
Peanut Butter Eye Balls
Hot Tamales
Mike and Ike
Skittles
Nestle Chocolate Bars
Full-Size Hersheys Kissables on the way out of the park

2008 Candy List:
Sour Patch Kids
Skittles
M&M's Plain
M&M's Peanut
Safe-T-Pop Suckers
Snickers Fun Size
Snickers Minis
Candy Corn
Gummy Hamburgers and Hot Dogs
Mary Janes
Bit O Honey
Milky Way Minis
Clark Bars (I didn't even know they still made these!)
Hot Tamales
Bottle Caps
Smarties
Smarties Extreme Sour
Sixlets
Starburst
Sweet Tarts
Laffy Taffy Assorted Flavors
Twix
Nestle Crunch
Jolly Ranchers Assorted Flavors
Now & Later Assorted Flavors
York Peppermint Patties
Sugar Babies
Necco Wafers
Baby Ruth Fun Size
Chick O Stick
Twizzlers
Reeses Peanut Butter Cups (I imgaine this will get some cheers!)
Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Minis
Hersheys Miniatures Assorted Flavors
3 Musketeers
Air Heads Assorted Flavors
Mike and Ike
1,000 Grand
Kit Kat
Hersheys Bars Fun Sized
Nerds
Tiger Pops
Tootsie Roll Pops
Dum Dum Suckers
Kraft Caramels
Hersheys Kisses
Tootsie Rolls
Tootsie Rolls Assorted Fruit Flavors
Chocolate Pumpkins
Monster Money Chocolate Coins
Small Chocolate Squares with Halloween Wrapping
Butterfinger
Ghiradelli Large Chocolate Bars on the way out of the park

M&Ms! 😋 Bring 'em on!

We’re here! If you see us say HI!!
View attachment 443044

Totally adorable costumes as always @Cluelyss

Yes, they all meet together in the Dumbo circus tent that houses the Dumbo playground. You meet Minnie first then Donald with Daisy.

Somehow I missed the memo on the location this year. Good thing I was playing catch up today during a student no show class!

It was not long for us. But we met them after 11. I think they're somewhat hidden in there. There were two cast members holding a small sign that said 'character greeting' at the queue entrance.

Which is obviously not the same as seeing the characters as you walk thru the land.

I liked the indoor meeting spot. It was cooler.

Also, future people who want to meet them, don't trust the wait time the cast members tell you. We were told 45 minutes and went in anyway, at most it was 20. Once you go inside the queue is easily visible so you can judge for yourself.

This is good to know as Donald and Daisy are a must do for us due to our costumes.

I could live without Skittles and Starburst. I much prefer chocolate as well. And since we're going on Halloween I won't have anyone to pass it out to. Maybe I can use them for Scouts somehow...

When we went to the Halloween party the other night they were doing a special of $59 and a free 8x10.

I found this on another thread and thought it was worth posting here. I asked OP for more information but they have not replied back yet!

When we went to the Halloween party the other night they were doing a special of $59 and a free 8x10.

I found this on another thread and thought it was worth posting here. I asked OP for more information but they have not replied back yet!

Hmm, not sure where you posted your question but this info has been posted on my Magic Shot thread for awhile now: Halloween Magic Shots & More

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter