"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the previous post where the poster listed their plan, and then what actually happened so I am going to copy that.

We attended the sold out October 8 Tuesday party.

We did a Top Gun/Captain Marvel mashup.

My boyfriend was Maverick, I was Goose (had cat ears and a tessercat toy) and our friend was Captain Marvel.

Plans before the party:

3: arrive

Jack and Sally

Sorcerer’s Cards

6:30: line up for Tarzan characters

Check out other character lines, maybe see Jafar since he always seems to have a short line

POTC

Depending on time here, maybe go check out Tomorrowland. Monster's Inc treat trail, see if any characters have a short wait.

8:30: find parade spot in Frontierland for first parade at 9:15, hopefully close enough to hear the Dapper Dans at 8:30. Send someone for Hades Nachos to share. Will have at least three people, so may take turns holding the spot and trick or treating. Will look for Brer Fox and Bear roaming while we wait.

9:25: as soon as we see the last float coming, zip through bypass and join line for Moana

Check line for Jack Sparrow

10-10:15: fireworks in the grassy area in front of Casey's. We'll take our chances with being able to find a spot with the late arrival. Might check out Casey's line while waiting and send someone for the Now Begin Thy Magic Spell drink

Gravediggers/HM

Make our way to Storybook Circus area by way of Fantasyland and LM attraction. Last party, we started back there around 11 and in an hour, we met: Ariel/Eric, Gaston/Belle, Goofy, Minnie, 7 Dwarves.

Midnight: Hocus Pocus show

And here is what actually happened, with time stamps as close as I can get them from picture info.

We arrived at the MK with our day tickets around 12:30. We had some Casey's then did a Peter Pan FP at 1.

Saw Philharmagic, COP while it was beginning to rain.

Stopped by to get pictures with Sonny Eclipse because of my cool tshirt I made:

POTC FP. Country Bears.

3:30: in line for Jack and Sally. Got our wristbands when we entered the line. Took turns saving the spot and changing into costumes. It was a really welcome sit down/out of the rain/in the air con break. Line really got out of hand around 4 when MNSSHP ticket holders were let inside.

Jack and Sally came out just a bit after 4:30. We met them right around 5. We had a great interaction, they were really taking their time with everyone but it was worth it.

Got our Sorcerer's cards and had a very awkward moment. They were doing the flag retreat and we were dressed as members of the Air Force and felt super awkward. We didn't want people to mistake us for actual military members so we hid in the gift shop until it was over.

Came out of hiding and went thru the bypass.

5:35: mobile ordered at Columbia Harbor House and had a great time sitting upstairs by the windows and looking at people's costumes.

Walked through Swiss Family Treehouse

6:30ish: lined up for the Tarzan group. There were about 3 groups ahead of us.

7:15: met Tarzan, Jane and Terk

Looked at some other character lines in Adventureland, Jafar had a huge line which I've never seen him have before. Usually he only has a few groups in line.

Decided we'd rather do Space and skip POTC, so we were walking by the gravediggers and noticed there were two groups in line.

7:23: met the gravediggers

7:30: tried to get in line for Space but it went down as we got there. We sat around for about 10 minutes then gave up and waited a few minutes for TTA.

7:40: TTA, got to see the lights on in Space since it was down.

8: trick or treat through the Monster's Inc Laugh Floor. Listened to a few jokes. The monster asked a woman who was from Virginia what the state was known for, she said lovers and the poor monster didn't know what to say to that.

8:30: found spots in Frontierland for the first parade. The front row spots filled in very quickly shortly after we found ours.

8:40: mobile ordered Hades Nachos from Pecos Bills and picked up waters. We shared the nachos among three of us and none of us could eat too many. They were pretty good, but it was very hot and humid.

9:15: watched the parade. I prefer the first parade, the second parade takes up almost the whole final hour of your night, and I find character waits are shortest at that time so I'm not giving up my final party hour for the parade.

9:35: as the final parade float came into view we booked it to the Adventureland bypass just ahead of the crowd and got into Moana's line at the Tiki Room

9:50: met Moana

Headed to the fireworks, Jafar's line was still super long as we walked by

10: found a seated spot for the fireworks in the grass in front of Casey's

-also, if you want a photopass shot in front of the orange Mickey bulb and the castle, this is the time to do it. No one is ever waiting shortly before the fireworks.

-mobile ordered a Magic Spell slushie from Casey's and sent one person to pick up with the others held spots

-after fireworks, went thru Adventureland to reach HM to avoid the main crush of people

10:40: in line for HM, wait time said 25 but was only 10 minutes (line was stretched out into the walkway but it moved real fast).

-watched Carlotta and the butler for a few minutes

11:05: trick or treat in Philharmagic, they were playing the old Halloween Hilarities cartoon with Huey Dewey and Louie.

Made our way to Storybook. Ariel and Eric were on break and not coming back until 11:30 (odd). Gaston and Belle had about maybe 15 groups in line.

11:20: went to Dumbo tent, were told it was a 45 minute wait, was about a 15 minute wait really for Minnie, Donald and Daisy.

11:40: met Goofy, only 2 groups ahead of us.

11:50: Space, waited about 20 minutes.

Missed the last Hocus Pocus but we've seen it many times and really wanted our sunglass picture on Space.

Overall I was pretty satisfied with our party. It was very packed and the number of crowds was trying at times. I've definitely met more characters at past parties. But I am a MNSSHP veteran and I generally know what I'm doing and how to make the best of it so we still had a fulfilling night. Though I do miss the old emptier parties.

None of us liked the new fireworks that much. The fireworks themselves were pretty, but a lot of the songs weren't even Halloween themed. I don't mind Disney doing new shows, but I did not think it was very good for a Halloween show. Honestly, if we do another MNSSHP next year I'd skip the fireworks or maybe watch from Fantasyland.

Next year we really want to do Disneyland's Halloween party. We also might be in Hong Kong DL for October.

Last edited:
Oh wow! Maybe! To our right was a group with an ECV right up against the tape, and on our left was the break for the path (like, by the waterfountains a bit?) How fun!

(and you are not the only one who has let threads slide...life gets crazy!!)
I think the group with the ECV was just beside us to our left, so you must have been right on the other side of them! I noticed that group was also part of the group to our right, so somehow we got right in the middle of them. But when we say down it was a large gap, big enough for 3 of us to sit down fully in while my dH stood behind us, I have no idea why they positioned themselves like that but we were just happy to get front row so grabbed it. There was a path break pretty close to our left, and they kept toying with people who were trying to hop in there as soon as they closed it lol. At least that’s how it seemed as I watched at least.

Had a fantastic time last night! Yes it was a sold out party and yes it was crowded, but we did a lot, got a TON of candy and were able to ride the rides we wanted. My advice for a sold out party: expect that it’s going to be crowded, have a plan even if it’s loose one, sign when others zag and have a good attitude.
We met some great people last night in lines or waiting for the parade and fireworks, a few who were on their first trip ever and having a great time. Saw a few having a meltdown while walking..... don’t be “that family”! Lol!
Here’s a pic of our T-shirt’s I made, the CM’s LOVED them and we had about 20 stop us and ask about them or come over to us. I also made my ears that lit up and our shirts flowed in the dark. And a pic of the candy we got. We had to stop ToT-omg after it got so heavy to carry! And a pic of my backpack/candy bag I made.
All in all we had a great time and I’m glad we got to do two parties this season.

I apologize for the mess of pics all over the place in my post! Between the annoying pop ups on the Dis site and my phone reception, I’m not having much luck getting the pics on in the first place, let alone in proper order! I’ll try to clean it up later... right now the pool is calling my name.....and I see a mojito in the distance this afternoon!

*edited: removed pics

Last edited:

Had a fantastic time last night! Yes it was a sold out party and yes it was crowded, but we did a lot, got a TON of candy and were able to ride the rides we wanted. My advice for a sold out party: expect that it’s going to be crowded, have a plan even if it’s loose one, sign when others zag and have a good attitude.
We met some great people last night in lines or waiting for the parade and fireworks, a few who were on their first trip ever and having a great time. Saw a few having a meltdown while walking..... don’t be “that family”! Lol!
Here’s a pic of our T-shirt’s I made, the CM’s LOVED them and we had about 20 stop us and ask about them or come over to us. I also made my ears that lit up and our shirts flowed in the dark. And a pic of the candy we got. We had to stop ToT-omg after it got so heavy to carry! And a pic of my backpack/candy bag I made.
All in all we had a great time and I’m glad we got to do two parties this season.

I apologize for the mess of pics all over the place in my post! Between the annoying pop ups on the Dis site and my phone reception, I’m not having much luck getting the pics on in the first place, let alone in proper order! I’ll try to clean it up later... right now the pool is calling my name.....and I see a mojito in the distance this afternoon!
View attachment 443175
View attachment 443176
View attachment 443177
View attachment 443178
Love the shirts! Did you make them?

Thanks! Yes I did. Designed them both and Constance took FOREVER! I still might tweak the design a little. The headless horseman design I made last year for a set of decorative Halloween pillows so I just modified it for hubbys tshirt. I’m considering opening an Etsy shop, as quite a few people I know at home have asked me. If it’s taboo to mention that on here I apologize! I don’t currently a have a shop and haven’t sold my stuff outside of my family and friends. It’s really just a hobby right now.

Has anyone seen the Jack Skellington sipper in the parks yet? We leave in a week to head down and I really want to get one for my son so bad!!

Has anyone seen the Jack Skellington sipper in the parks yet? We leave in a week to head down and I really want to get one for my son so bad!!

I didn't see it in parks but someone on the bus after the party on Tuesday had purchased one that night

Can someone please help me figure out what time we can show up for the Tomorrowland terrace dessert party? The reservation says 9:15. Can we check-in earlier than that? If we can check-in earlier, when doe the actual dessert party begin (what is a good time to arrive if we are hoping for good seats)? We’ll be there on Monday!!

• It is highly recommended that Guests check the fireworks schedule again upon arrival at Magic Kingdom park.
  • After reconfirming the fireworks showtime, please arrive at Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant for check-in 60 minutes prior.
This is off Disney's Website

I wonder if they'll keep this change for next year. Was the line long? Hope others will chime in.

It was not long for us. But we met them after 11. I think they're somewhat hidden in there. There were two cast members holding a small sign that said 'character greeting' at the queue entrance.

Which is obviously not the same as seeing the characters as you walk thru the land.

I liked the indoor meeting spot. It was cooler.

Also, future people who want to meet them, don't trust the wait time the cast members tell you. We were told 45 minutes and went in anyway, at most it was 20. Once you go inside the queue is easily visible so you can judge for yourself.

We’re heading to the party tonight. Super excited that the weather seems like it will be good. We’re doing Haunted Mansion again. My son and I are ghost maid/Butler hosts. DH is stretch room dynamite guy. DD is stretch room ballerina. Say hi if you see us!

Last edited:
Tot at Monster's Inc opened just after 6:30pm

Has Monsters been opening early every night? We planned on starting our night in Tomorrowland so that would be good to know! How much time should we allow for the ToT line and just to check it out?
Sorcerer card can be picked up at Guest Services past midnight.
How late past midnight can the SOTMK card be picked up? We did not get a FP for SDMT and plan on riding at the end of the night as close to 12 am as possible. I was wondering if we would miss the SOTMK card on the way out after.

Is the Oogie Boogie popcorn still available anywhere? Our party isnt until the 27th so its probably too early to ask, but my DD REALLY wants one!

I mean, it’s crowded.... but not unbearably so. I don’t think I’ve ever been to a sold out party and this doesn’t feel any different to me.

Arrived at this spot at 9:13pm and have a front row spot (pretty much the last one left, maybe some day I’ll learn to actually plan!). Pic time stamp is 9:17pm.

F8F7AA27-47EC-4E38-8CE4-EA0351894738.jpeg

Boo to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter