"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

glamdring269

DIS Veteran
What happened to the candy? This was our 3rd party and it seems like the candy has gotten a lot more generic than I recall. Our first party I remember there being Peeps. The second party I remember some caramel apple Werther's. This party I remember receiving a ton of M&M's. Every stop seemed to be exactly the same.

tidblgrrer

Mouseketeer
What are your thoughts on the optimal time for eating dinner? We have park tickets along with the party tickets so entrance time is not a factor and we are attending the party on November 1st. We know it will be crazy crowded.

RolloTomasi

Mouseketeer
We usually either eat before heading over to the park for the party or if we’re in the park, aim for something to eat around 5:00. Then we’ll get a snack or two over the course of the party. No one wants to waste party time sitting down and eating.

• sheila14

DIS Veteran
    What happened to the candy? This was our 3rd party and it seems like the candy has gotten a lot more generic than I recall. Our first party I remember there being Peeps. The second party I remember some caramel apple Werther's. This party I remember receiving a ton of M&M's. Every stop seemed to be exactly the same.
    I received tons of candy, all stops have the same to give out because the candy comes prepacked in boxes. I don’t care for the skittles or starburst but enjoyed all my M&M’s

glamdring269

DIS Veteran
    I received tons of candy, all stops have the same to give out because the candy comes prepacked in boxes. I don’t care for the skittles or starburst but enjoyed all my M&M’s
    Yeah I wasn’t really commenting on the quantity of candy. It was about the variety relative to parties we’ve attended in previous years. I also received a lifetime supply of m&ms.

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    No peeps or werther’s last year, so you must be going back a few years.

glamdring269

DIS Veteran
    No peeps or werther’s last year, so you must be going back a few years.
    I am. We go every 2-3 years. Not surprised that there are changes just surprised the offering has become so... simple. Not sure if that is the right word or not.

Frankly we don’t really do the party for the candy itself but getting something rather unique at the event was always nice. Now it’s like I show up at a neighbors house and they give me a handful of candy from their prepackaged variety pack.

• georgina

DIS Veteran
    More than half of my bag was Skittles and Starburst. I prefer chocolate! I was just looking for a few to snack on, I will give out the non-chocolate stuff at Halloween I guess.

glamdring269

DIS Veteran
    More than half of my bag was Skittles and Starburst. I prefer chocolate! I was just looking for a few to snack on, I will give out the non-chocolate stuff at Halloween I guess.
    Right it was the Mars variety bag. M&Ms, skittles, starburst, snickers, 3 musketeers. There were some interesting varieties within the normal brands I suppose.

Perhaps I was expecting more from experiences in previous parties (I think most recent for us was 2015 since we opted to do Christmas in 17) but perhaps this is absolutely normal relative to more recent years.

GADisneyDad14

TPAS Moderator
    I’ve been at WDW so not really paying attention. Has 10/14 being sold out been noted yet? Apologies if a repeat.

• garthbarth1

HALLOWEENLOVER
    Agree on the candy!! This was our 13th Halloween party and I have noticed the change over the last few years! Here is a list I had complied and shared on another site from the 2007/2008 parties...When we went in 2007 the handed out full-size bags of Hersheys Kissables..2008 it was a full-size Ghiradelli Bar. I also remember in years past (probably 4 I would say) getting Werthers, Peeps, a large variety...it used to be Goofys Candy Company, but now that is sponsored by Mars its only their brands. I miss the wide variety for sure...it was so much fun to get so many different types of candy! 2008 was a banner candy year!

2007 Candy List:
    Sixlets
    Bottle Caps
    Butterfinger Bars-fun size and minis
    Tootsie Roll Pops
    Dum Dum Pops
    Mini Gummi bears
    Safety Pops
    Snickers Bars-fun size and minis
    Candy Corn
    Nascar Chocolate Race Cars
    Three Musketeer Bars
    Laffy Taffy-Assorted Flavors
    Now and Laters-Assorted Flavors
    Chic-O-Sticks
    Raisins
    Smarties
    Pumpkin Suckers
    Hershey Kisses
    York Peppermint Patties
    Bulls-Eye Caramels
    Jolly Ranchers -Assorted Flavors
    Baby Ruth Bars-Fun size and Minis
    Nestle Crunch Bars
    Chocolate Skulls
    Mary Janes
    Sour Patch Kids
    Tootsie Roll Midgees-Assorted Flavors
    Twizzlers
    Lemon Heads
    Mini Gummy Burgers and Hot Dogs
    Hershey's Miniatures
    Peanut Butter Eye Balls
    Hot Tamales
    Mike and Ike
    Skittles
    Nestle Chocolate Bars
    Full-Size Hersheys Kissables on the way out of the park

2008 Candy List:
    Sour Patch Kids
    Skittles
    M&M's Plain
    M&M's Peanut
    Safe-T-Pop Suckers
    Snickers Fun Size
    Snickers Minis
    Candy Corn
    Gummy Hamburgers and Hot Dogs
    Mary Janes
    Bit O Honey
    Milky Way Minis
    Clark Bars (I didn't even know they still made these!)
    Hot Tamales
    Bottle Caps
    Smarties
    Smarties Extreme Sour
    Sixlets
    Starburst
    Sweet Tarts
    Laffy Taffy Assorted Flavors
    Twix
    Nestle Crunch
    Jolly Ranchers Assorted Flavors
    Now & Later Assorted Flavors
    York Peppermint Patties
    Sugar Babies
    Necco Wafers
    Baby Ruth Fun Size
    Chick O Stick
    Twizzlers
    Reeses Peanut Butter Cups (I imgaine this will get some cheers!)
    Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Minis
    Hersheys Miniatures Assorted Flavors
    3 Musketeers
    Air Heads Assorted Flavors
    Mike and Ike
    1,000 Grand
    Kit Kat
    Hersheys Bars Fun Sized
    Nerds
    Tiger Pops
    Tootsie Roll Pops
    Dum Dum Suckers
    Kraft Caramels
    Hersheys Kisses
    Tootsie Rolls
    Tootsie Rolls Assorted Fruit Flavors
    Chocolate Pumpkins
    Monster Money Chocolate Coins
    Small Chocolate Squares with Halloween Wrapping
    Butterfinger
    Ghiradelli Large Chocolate Bars on the way out of the park

disneydreamer781

Wé la oh mé la wé-la, wé-é yey-yé oh é yé.
    M&Ms! 😋 Bring 'em on!

lovingeire

DIS Veteran
    We’re here! If you see us say HI!!
    View attachment 443044
    Totally adorable costumes as always @Cluelyss

Yes, they all meet together in the Dumbo circus tent that houses the Dumbo playground. You meet Minnie first then Donald with Daisy.
    Somehow I missed the memo on the location this year. Good thing I was playing catch up today during a student no show class!

It was not long for us. But we met them after 11. I think they're somewhat hidden in there. There were two cast members holding a small sign that said 'character greeting' at the queue entrance.

Which is obviously not the same as seeing the characters as you walk thru the land.

I liked the indoor meeting spot. It was cooler.

Also, future people who want to meet them, don't trust the wait time the cast members tell you. We were told 45 minutes and went in anyway, at most it was 20. Once you go inside the queue is easily visible so you can judge for yourself.
    This is good to know as Donald and Daisy are a must do for us due to our costumes.

I could live without Skittles and Starburst. I much prefer chocolate as well. And since we're going on Halloween I won't have anyone to pass it out to. Maybe I can use them for Scouts somehow...

FoxC63

DIS Veteran
    I’ve been at WDW so not really paying attention. Has 10/14 being sold out been noted yet? Apologies if a repeat.
    Nope, not listed yet. I wonder when Oct 14th actually sold out?

LINK

This is what I get from UCT when looking for MNSSHP tickets....
    443862 :confused3

Last edited:

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
    When we went to the Halloween party the other night they were doing a special of $59 and a free 8x10.

I found this on another thread and thought it was worth posting here. I asked OP for more information but they have not replied back yet!

FoxC63

DIS Veteran
    When we went to the Halloween party the other night they were doing a special of $59 and a free 8x10.

I found this on another thread and thought it was worth posting here. I asked OP for more information but they have not replied back yet!
    Hmm, not sure where you posted your question but this info has been posted on my Magic Shot thread for awhile now: Halloween Magic Shots & More

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

THEME PARK MAPS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    Disney World Rehabs and Closings Disney World Restaurant Menus

DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS