"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming things work the same this year as they did in prior years, yes, you will be able to book during that 4 to 6 timeframe. However, you will need to book all four days of regular park ticket FPs first. Then go back and book the FPs on your party day. Note, however, that this does not mean you may be immune from getting an email that your last day of FPs will be canceled. So you will need to be diligent to watch for that to ensure it doesn’t happen. Also, the email seems to be triggered when people make changes to their existing reservations. So if you do not touch the reservation once the FP’s are booked, your chances of receiving that email seem to be diminished greatly. So make sure a memory maker, magical express, etc. is all added prior to FP day.
Thank you for the question / answer to this as it's something I've been wondering about. I have been to Disney many times but never a party event. Does this mean then that if my party night is my last night at Disney, even if I lose my FP for the party it shouldn't affect the 8 days of tickets / FP prior to the party? Also, have you ever done the one night of memory maker just for the party? TIA

Thank you for the question / answer to this as it's something I've been wondering about. I have been to Disney many times but never a party event. Does this mean then that if my party night is my last night at Disney, even if I lose my FP for the party it shouldn't affect the 8 days of tickets / FP prior to the party? Also, have you ever done the one night of memory maker just for the party? TIA

You cannot do fast passes for the party time, and I believe the fast passes for during the day must end before party only time.
At least that was the rule for last year.

I am looking at restaurants on the 20th and I'm seeing some options. Nothing for CRT. But lots available at Tony's (for two as that is what I need) and some for BOG (5:45 p.m.). So I wonder if it is just booked up on the night of the first party as opposed to not released yet :(

I booked CRT fo dinner on Aug 20th this morning. Only 4:00-4:10 times were available

You cannot do fast passes for the party time, and I believe the fast passes for during the day must end before party only time.
At least that was the rule for last year.
So, does this mean I could book FP for 4pm, 5pm, 6pm for the party night, since we can get in at 4pm? Thank you for your help.

So, does this mean I could book FP for 4pm, 5pm, 6pm for the party night, since we can get in at 4pm? Thank you for your help.

The park closes (and FP ends) at 6pm, so you’d need to book something like 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30, 5:30-6. Assuming you’re entering the park at 4pm, you’d need to use your FP #1 somewhere in that 4-4:30 window (technically 4:45 with the grace period) so manage your arrival time/ride choice as needed.

Thanks for replying.

I still don’t get it I’m afraid, you could pretty much do all that without paying the extra but the enthusiasm of everyone on here is so infectious! We did the Mickey Christmas party a few years ago and enjoyed that but don’t remember it being as expensive as this and snow on Main Street is something else.

I guess it’s highly influenced by Halloween still not being anywhere near as big / popular in uk than in the USA, for my generation and older it’ll never be as popular but who knows what the future brings.

It’s been years since we’ve been to wdw at Halloween though, our last three visits have been at Christmas but I’m so looking forward to being there this year, I think there’ll be enough on for us that we won’t regret not going to this but I’m sure everyone who does go will have a blast.
also minimal to no ride waits which is nice and some cool magic shots

This will be our first time going to the Halloween party, and we're planning on the second date, Tuesday August 20th. During the 4-7 pm time, how crowded is it? I am too afraid to book fast passes because I don't want to risk losing my last day fast passes. So we won't have fast passes, and I have two little kids who will have a hard time waiting in long lines. Is it better to do a table service dinner in the park during this time to kill time or get a quick service dinner and get back to the rides? What are the ride lines like between 4-7 pm? Thanks!

This will be our first time going to the Halloween party, and we're planning on the second date, Tuesday August 20th. During the 4-7 pm time, how crowded is it? I am too afraid to book fast passes because I don't want to risk losing my last day fast passes. So we won't have fast passes, and I have two little kids who will have a hard time waiting in long lines. Is it better to do a table service dinner in the park during this time to kill time or get a quick service dinner and get back to the rides? What are the ride lines like between 4-7 pm? Thanks!

My personal preference does not maximize park or party time (and will probably go against a lot of advice on this thread), but we don’t usually head to MNSSHP until 6:30-7. Especially for an August party... I want that sun to GO DOWN! :-)

We usually plan a good dinner at the resort, or somewhere close like CR, then head to the party. If we were going to be in the park 4-7, we’d do a longer table service meal and not necessarily rides (or get in line for any character meets). I made the mistake a few times of not eating a proper dinner before-hand, so now we make it a point to make sure we’ve had a good meal and primed to make it all night. My kids are currently 8 and 4 (have been 1-8 in MNSSHP trips) and they just can’t go 4-12 if it’s really hot, so we dial things back on purpose.

But again, it’s more about any personal priorities during that 4-7 time, lots of valid options.

Hope you enjoy your first MNSSHP! You’ll get lots of quality opinions and strategies on this thread.

I'm NOT a Halloween person at all, but my kids love it! For us, the Halloween party is great because our kiddos have food allergies and MNSSHP is the only place that they're able to trick or treat and actually eat the things that they collect. We made use of the early entry time and spent the entire 4pm-12am at the park and just enjoyed being able to walk on to most rides, meet interesting characters, not to mention the parade and fireworks! Last year was our first year and we just loved it so much that we're heading back again this year :)

This is us too! It's the only place my kids can feel like they are truly trick or treating. We still have candy left over from last years party.

My personal preference does not maximize park or party time (and will probably go against a lot of advice on this thread), but we don’t usually head to MNSSHP until 6:30-7. Especially for an August party... I want that sun to GO DOWN! :-)

We usually plan a good dinner at the resort, or somewhere close like CR, then head to the party. If we were going to be in the park 4-7, we’d do a longer table service meal and not necessarily rides (or get in line for any character meets). I made the mistake a few times of not eating a proper dinner before-hand, so now we make it a point to make sure we’ve had a good meal and primed to make it all night. My kids are currently 8 and 4 (have been 1-8 in MNSSHP trips) and they just can’t go 4-12 if it’s really hot, so we dial things back on purpose.

But again, it’s more about any personal priorities during that 4-7 time, lots of valid options.

Hope you enjoy your first MNSSHP! You’ll get lots of quality opinions and strategies on this thread.
Thanks so much for the advice! My kids will be 5 and almost 3 at the time of the trip.

I think the KEY for anyone - especially those attending for the first time - is to take in advice, comments, etc. but ULTIMATELY enjoy the party is the way that works BEST for YOU!:flower:

This year will be our 2nd visit to the World and 5th to the Land, and we have done a Halloween party at each visit

Looking at it through an “is it worth it” just for the $$, it rarely is, but then if $$ was our main driver we would never go to Disney! Our kids love the parties, love dressing up, love trick or treating, and we love the awesome memories we get from it. Plus the candy.

This year we are going on our arrival day, 9/29. We have 6 days after in the parks and 6 day hoppers so need to make sure the first day uses the party ticket. From memory there were some designated entrances to scan for party tickets, so will keep an eye out for them.

For those looking to book dining, my memory from our trip in 2017 was that party dining reservations opened in a separate time frame to regular dining. We wound up booking a meal at BOG for around 7pm but was well after our 180 day window opened.

My advice would be:

Don't buy party tickets assuming the ride lines will be short. Some people have reported short lines, but other people have had a different experience.

Don't buy party tickets assuming the character lines will be short. Even if you rule out the characters which you know will have the longest lines (Jack & Sally, Moana), you might be surprised at how long you will be stuck in lines for other characters. Belle & Gaston? Gaston is very, very chatty so you wait a long time. I thought I was being smart by meeting Elvis Stitch during the first parade, but he took a long break while I was in line, so I was there a long time.

Don't buy party tickets assuming that you can book fastpasses during the party, because you can't.

Don't buy party tickets assuming that you can use the disability pass (sorry I don't remember what it's currently called) for rides during the party, because you can't.

Don't buy party tickets assuming the park will be empty, because it won't be. Disney seems to be selling more and more tickets.

Don't buy party tickets because you want an excuse to wear a heavy costume. Depending on which party you choose, it may be hot. Very hot.

Don't buy party tickets thinking your group will be there for the entire time unless you know your group has the stamina for it.

Don't buy party tickets if you plan to be at a park all day. Could you rope drop a park, stay all day, then do the party? Well, it's allowed but I think you'll be exhausted. (I was exhausted and I spent the afternoon resting in the hotel.)

If you can read those rules and think - no problem! Then go ahead buy party tickets and have a great time.

My advice would be:

Don't buy party tickets assuming the ride lines will be short. Some people have reported short lines, but other people have had a different experience.

Don't buy party tickets assuming the character lines will be short. Even if you rule out the characters which you know will have the longest lines (Jack & Sally, Moana), you might be surprised at how long you will be stuck in lines for other characters. Belle & Gaston? Gaston is very, very chatty so you wait a long time. I thought I was being smart by meeting Elvis Stitch during the first parade, but he took a long break while I was in line, so I was there a long time.

Don't buy party tickets assuming that you can book fastpasses during the party, because you can't.

Don't buy party tickets assuming that you can use the disability pass (sorry I don't remember what it's currently called) for rides during the party, because you can't.

Don't buy party tickets assuming the park will be empty, because it won't be. Disney seems to be selling more and more tickets.

Don't buy party tickets because you want an excuse to wear a heavy costume. Depending on which party you choose, it may be hot. Very hot.

Don't buy party tickets thinking your group will be there for the entire time unless you know your group has the stamina for it.

Don't buy party tickets if you plan to be at a park all day. Could you rope drop a park, stay all day, then do the party? Well, it's allowed but I think you'll be exhausted. (I was exhausted and I spent the afternoon resting in the hotel.)

If you can read those rules and think - no problem! Then go ahead buy party tickets and have a great time.
Agree with most of this. I would suggest meeting characters during parades too if you can. We met Moana during MVMCP during the first parade and maybe waited 20 minutes. We also rope dropped the day of our Christmas Party and had no problem all day, but that's different for everyone.

Is it better to do a table service dinner in the park during this time to kill time or get a quick service dinner and get back to the rides? What are the ride lines like between 4-7 pm? Thanks!

We always do a table service during that time. We need the break in the air conditioning to take on the night and I feel like a good meal with some veggies helps blunt the sugar crash from all the free candy. We did two parties last year and the Haunted Mansion wait time during the 4 to 7 was either walk on or 5/10 minutes for the Friday party, and closer to an hour for the Tuesday party due to maintenance issues. At those same parties Friday's Space Mountain wait was 60 minutes and Tuesday was walk on. So while general party lines are shorter if there's a specific ride you need I'd put that above dinner. If general rides are your priority, I think you'd be okay to take some table service time.

We always do a table service during that time. We need the break in the air conditioning to take on the night and I feel like a good meal with some veggies helps blunt the sugar crash from all the free candy. We did two parties last year and the Haunted Mansion wait time during the 4 to 7 was either walk on or 5/10 minutes for the Friday party, and closer to an hour for the Tuesday party due to maintenance issues. At those same parties Friday's Space Mountain wait was 60 minutes and Tuesday was walk on. So while general party lines are shorter if there's a specific ride you need I'd put that above dinner. If general rides are your priority, I think you'd be okay to take some table service time.
Thank you, that's helpful! I ended up booking a 4:45 Crystal Palace since we wanted to go there anyway.

The park is VERY crowded between 4 and 6. You have day guests squeezing out their last minutes and party guests entering. If you choose not to book FPs during that time, but still want to maximize party time and arrive at 4, I’d recommend using that time for a sit down dinner, getting pictures around the park in your costumes, or lining up for a rare character on your must meet list (several start meeting prior to 7 and lines will form early). Ride lines will start to dwindle after 6 once all FPs are exhausted and day guests are prohibited from riding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!