"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is SW? I feel like I am being really dense in asking, sorry! I am VERY keen to see Disney park schedules for our September trip and I'm wondering if I am going to be very happy on 3/13 :rolleyes2

As noted above, Southwest Airlines. A bunch of us are awaiting them opening their schedule up through October in order to make final plans for flights. Sorry if I got your hopes up! It has nothing to do with park hours. Enjoy your trip planning!

Ok don’t jump on me but what makes this event so good, especially for the price?

We’re huge WDW fans, have been going for 40 years from the uk and are dvc members but if the queues for rides and character greetings are shorter then surely you can just use fp+ or EMH for them during non-party hours? Yes there’s parades and fireworks but they happen anyway. What is there extra than effectively paying approximately $100 to get some “free” candy via trick or treating?

As noted above, Southwest Airlines. A bunch of us are awaiting them opening their schedule up through October in order to make final plans for flights. Sorry if I got your hopes up! It has nothing to do with park hours. Enjoy your trip planning!

I was able to make end of Sept reservations on Feb 6.

Ok don’t jump on me but what makes this event so good, especially for the price?

We’re huge WDW fans, have been going for 40 years from the uk and are dvc members but if the queues for rides and character greetings are shorter then surely you can just use fp+ or EMH for them during non-party hours? Yes there’s parades and fireworks but they happen anyway. What is there extra than effectively paying approximately $100 to get some “free” candy via trick or treating?

Best fireworks !!!!
Great parade !!!!!
Headless horseman
Unique food
Rare character meet and greets
People watch- amazing costumes

180 days! As of today we have 180 days until the first party, and I'm stumped trying to figure out dining. We usually do a table service meal before the official start of the party (6pm). Food is important to us, and we've had some amazing meals pre-party as the park empties out. CRT had themed desserts I still dream about. But when I check dining reservations for the first party day no tables are available (CRT, BOG, or Tony's). And yet, the party page lists table service under "Ghoulishly Good Eats".

So what do we think that all means? Are special dining options coming soon?

I am looking at restaurants on the 20th and I'm seeing some options. Nothing for CRT. But lots available at Tony's (for two as that is what I need) and some for BOG (5:45 p.m.). So I wonder if it is just booked up on the night of the first party as opposed to not released yet :(

Best fireworks !!!!
Great parade !!!!!
Headless horseman
Unique food
Rare character meet and greets
People watch- amazing costumes

Thanks for replying.

I still don’t get it I’m afraid, you could pretty much do all that without paying the extra but the enthusiasm of everyone on here is so infectious! We did the Mickey Christmas party a few years ago and enjoyed that but don’t remember it being as expensive as this and snow on Main Street is something else.

I guess it’s highly influenced by Halloween still not being anywhere near as big / popular in uk than in the USA, for my generation and older it’ll never be as popular but who knows what the future brings.

It’s been years since we’ve been to wdw at Halloween though, our last three visits have been at Christmas but I’m so looking forward to being there this year, I think there’ll be enough on for us that we won’t regret not going to this but I’m sure everyone who does go will have a blast.

OK, just booked our party tickets for September 6-first time for all of us to attend the party, although we have been to WDW multiple times. Sorry for the need for clarification, but I am getting older and slower and read so any conflicting responses last year about this. I am not an annual passholder, but will be going with several. I have four day park tickets that I will be using the four days after the party. My party ticket is linked on my MDE account. Reading the great information on OP, I can book fast passes during the 4-6 time slot for MK on party day, even though I will also have booked three fast passes for the next four days on my regular park tickets? I kept reading last year that MDE kicked your last day fast passes out. Day four is our AK day, and I surely don't want to lose FOP if we can snag those. I know AP folks wont have to worry about losing theirs. Our plans are all linked. Let me know if I should post this as a new thread as well.

I'm NOT a Halloween person at all, but my kids love it! For us, the Halloween party is great because our kiddos have food allergies and MNSSHP is the only place that they're able to trick or treat and actually eat the things that they collect. We made use of the early entry time and spent the entire 4pm-12am at the park and just enjoyed being able to walk on to most rides, meet interesting characters, not to mention the parade and fireworks! Last year was our first year and we just loved it so much that we're heading back again this year :)

My kids have never been to WDW. Would you suggest the party on the 1st day, 9/2, we are there or the last, 9/6? We are driving from TX and will arrive on Sunday morning 9/1 and leave Sat. 9/7 in the morning. Our tickets are for 9/2 - 9/6.

Leslie

Thanks for replying.

I still don’t get it I’m afraid, you could pretty much do all that without paying the extra but the enthusiasm of everyone on here is so infectious! We did the Mickey Christmas party a few years ago and enjoyed that but don’t remember it being as expensive as this and snow on Main Street is something else.

I guess it’s highly influenced by Halloween still not being anywhere near as big / popular in uk than in the USA, for my generation and older it’ll never be as popular but who knows what the future brings.

It’s been years since we’ve been to wdw at Halloween though, our last three visits have been at Christmas but I’m so looking forward to being there this year, I think there’ll be enough on for us that we won’t regret not going to this but I’m sure everyone who does go will have a blast.

sorry I wasn't clear -

*the hallowishes fireworks are only available at party and are the BEST i've ever seen
*Boo to you parade - ABSOLUTELY LOVE this parade; sing the music all year!; only available at the party
*headless horseman - only seen on main street during party [although the Return to Sleepy Hollow event is fantastic!]
*unique food - like most special events, there are some food and drink items (not to mention merchandise) that are ONLY available during the party
*rare characters - the M&G during the party are often rare characters that are only out during the party or are versions of characters that are only out during the party
*unique costumes - people watch - MANYMANY people who attend MNSSHP wear halloween costumes; some are simple, some are AMAZING; some just where halloween shirts, some don't do anything; I am NOT a people watcher, but I really did enjoying seeing the variety of attire people wore

Thanks for replying.

I am not into the rides or character meets at the Halloween party (other then the gravediggers) but we love to dress up! And we love everything about Halloween!

We love the trick or treating and seeing everyone else dress up. We don't mind the crowds at all and we love the party vibe! I absolutely love the parades - I go to the early and the late parade. I've never been a fan of Wishes or the HEA fireworks, but Hallowishes is a must do for me. And to top it off, we go to the midnight Hocius Pocus show. Oh and I almost forgot all of the magic shots we do. :) Phew! Busy night!

sorry I wasn't clear -

*the hallowishes fireworks are only available at party and are the BEST i've ever seen
*Boo to you parade - ABSOLUTELY LOVE this parade; sing the music all year!; only available at the party
*headless horseman - only seen on main street during party [although the Return to Sleepy Hollow event is fantastic!]
*unique food - like most special events, there are some food and drink items (not to mention merchandise) that are ONLY available during the party
*rare characters - the M&G during the party are often rare characters that are only out during the party or are versions of characters that are only out during the party
*unique costumes - people watch - MANYMANY people who attend MNSSHP wear halloween costumes; some are simple, some are AMAZING; some just where halloween shirts, some don't do anything; I am NOT a people watcher, but I really did enjoying seeing the variety of attire people wore

Right on all accounts! So many unique character and photo ops, I'm looking forward to it. I've watched some youtube video of last years party and saw where they added some actors to PoTC, "disco" lights on tea cups, and turned Space Mountain into Deep Space Mountain with NO lights on! I'm hoping they do that again this year!

I also love the costumes, especially when a family is dressed as a group from a movie/show. One year we saw a group of CMs dressed up as the Nemo characters-they were amazing!

My kids have never been to WDW. Would you suggest the party on the 1st day, 9/2, we are there or the last, 9/6? We are driving from TX and will arrive on Sunday morning 9/1 and leave Sat. 9/7 in the morning. Our tickets are for 9/2 - 9/6.

Leslie
We are doing it the evening of our first day with boys ages 3 and 7-we arrive on a Friday morning and hoping one of our three rooms are ready to allow them to nap. (Sept 6) We anticipate them having more energy for a later evening at the beginning rather than at the end of a 5 night stay. Our next day we plan on doing Hollywood Studios with a four hour break after lunch for more resting, and early evenings back at the resort on Sunday and Monday before attempting to make it through to Rivers of Light at AK on Tuesday. But it will be what it will be, and we will roll with it!

Right on all accounts! So many unique character and photo ops, I'm looking forward to it. I've watched some youtube video of last years party and saw where they added some actors to PoTC, "disco" lights on tea cups, and turned Space Mountain into Deep Space Mountain with NO lights on! I'm hoping they do that again this year!

I also love the costumes, especially when a family is dressed as a group from a movie/show. One year we saw a group of CMs dressed up as the Nemo characters-they were amazing!

OOhhhh = I FORGOT to mention the AWESOME unique photo ops! Thank you.

We are doing it the evening of our first day with boys ages 3 and 7-we arrive on a Friday morning and hoping one of our three rooms are ready to allow them to nap. (Sept 6) We anticipate them having more energy for a later evening at the beginning rather than at the end of a 5 night stay. Our next day we plan on doing Hollywood Studios with a four hour break after lunch for more resting, and early evenings back at the resort on Sunday and Monday before attempting to make it through to Rivers of Light at AK on Tuesday. But it will be what it will be, and we will roll with it!

Thank You! My boys are 8yo and 11yo. We haven't been to WDW since 2008. My eldest was 7.5 months at the time.

Leslie

OK, just booked our party tickets for September 6-first time for all of us to attend the party, although we have been to WDW multiple times. Sorry for the need for clarification, but I am getting older and slower and read so any conflicting responses last year about this. I am not an annual passholder, but will be going with several. I have four day park tickets that I will be using the four days after the party. My party ticket is linked on my MDE account. Reading the great information on OP, I can book fast passes during the 4-6 time slot for MK on party day, even though I will also have booked three fast passes for the next four days on my regular park tickets? I kept reading last year that MDE kicked your last day fast passes out. Day four is our AK day, and I surely don't want to lose FOP if we can snag those. I know AP folks wont have to worry about losing theirs. Our plans are all linked. Let me know if I should post this as a new thread as well.
Assuming things work the same this year as they did in prior years, yes, you will be able to book during that 4 to 6 timeframe. However, you will need to book all four days of regular park ticket FPs first. Then go back and book the FPs on your party day. Note, however, that this does not mean you may be immune from getting an email that your last day of FPs will be canceled. So you will need to be diligent to watch for that to ensure it doesn’t happen. Also, the email seems to be triggered when people make changes to their existing reservations. So if you do not touch the reservation once the FP’s are booked, your chances of receiving that email seem to be diminished greatly. So make sure a memory maker, magical express, etc. is all added prior to FP day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter