"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

FREAK! Lime?? Come on...I love them but ice cream. Is it green???? You must be super psyched to have it available.
The sour the better! SO, so good! The picture available at Disney Parks Blogs is indeed green and with little chocolate horns!

I believe it's the same lime soft serve they are using for the Peter Pan float? Which is a plus because that soft serve is dairy-free and vegan.

Dh wants to know how long the battery lasts in a magic band. Anyone know? Can you replace the batter if it dies?
They changed the batteries they were using in MBs a few years ago, the batteries now last five years.

Even still the battery is only needed for long-range scanners (ride photos, name on It's a Small World good-bye boards, etc.). The short-range scanners (Mickey-to-Mickey scanning for park admission and FPs) don't require battery power and will always work.

So we’re going on 10/4 and part of me wants to ask if someone can find a magic band for me, and part of me wants to just wait and see if I can get one.

Ugh I've gotten out of the loop of this thread for a couple weeks now and 40 pages have passed by.
I'm sure I've missed a lot. Only thing I want to know is did they announce any party specific treats in the last couple weeks?

Oh and do we have a confirmed list of attractions closed during the party?
I saw a post about BTMRR being OPEN. Happy about that.
I'm just trying to see what attractions I'll want to do before park closing.

You cannot replace the battery. Supposed to last up to two years. What you can do is change out the center puck to continue to use a favorite band but you will lose any effects.
Hmm so $50 for two years? I personally think it's worth it, but DH most likely won't.

They vary. You cannot replace them, and it’s about 18-24months. They will still scan for entry/fast pass etc. but not work for 7dmt video and photo and other long range things with a dead/weak battery.
So the effects should still work after so long?

They changed the batteries they were using in MBs a few years ago, the batteries now last five years.

Even still the battery is only needed for long-range scanners (ride photos, name on It's a Small World good-bye boards, etc.). The short-range scanners (Mickey-to-Mickey scanning for park admission and FPs) don't require battery power and will always work.
Oh wow really?! So basically I shouldn't worry about the effects working or not because that part of the band will last?

So this may be a newbie question, but I'm wondering if there is a way to predict how busy your MNSSHP day will be. This will be our first one -- first special party of any kind -- and we're going August 31. It's late August which suggests to me it could be less crowded, but it's also a Friday.

Thoughts? I'm not changing anything, so my dear spouse wonders why I care to worry about such things....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter