"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Do you think you can get both the Maleficent lime and Peter Pan lime soft serve during the party?
Or will the Peter Pan one only be offered during the day and replaced by Maleficent during the the party?
I want to try both!

Wow, this thread moves fast!

1. I love lime!

2. We have the DxDP. Are we likely to be able to use snack credits on any of the party-exclusive snacks? It’s no problem if we can’t, but it would be nice as I think we will have a lot of leftover snack credits.

3. Are there any blogs (or somewhere on this thread) that give you suggested touring plans for the parties? I didn’t really think about needing one but now I think we will if we want to see everything.

4. Does anyone know the capacity of the party? We are going on Halloween itself (as well as earlier), which I’m already regretting...! As a WDW newbie with a family member with serious anxiety issues in crowds, I am finding it difficult to actually imagine how busy is “busy”.

5. Was there ever a consensus on the value or necessity of the dessert party during the MNSSHP? This is our first trip to WDW, and crowds are an issue, so we are doing other dessert parties for the less-crowded viewing, rather than the cakes, which we don’t really care about.

We can find the money for the dessert party if it will make life easier, but if it’s not necessary then the money is better in the bank! Thoughts?

2. I'm not sure. We always have the DDP, but have never tried to use on special treats. However, in the past we have had the Dessert Party booked, and most of the treats were included.

3. KtP, there is a fee for 1 year subscription. I've had it for over 4 years. It includes character locator which lets you know exact times, locations of roaming characters. If someone posts here, I include in Post #1. However, info provided only by KtP & his CL isn't posted here by me. He offers touring plans for free with subscription, MNSSHP is included. I've used one of those customized to my needs and purchased a customized plan to see characters, parades, and fireworks specific to my needs and times. I've always been able to meet all of the characters, see parades, fireworks, and shows with this. However, OP will post there plans here too, may not be what you want to do.

4. It's estimated around 30-35K now.

5. Truly depends on your needs and what you want to accomplish. I've done it in the past when parade viewing was included, IMO worth it then, b/c I could show late/very close to start time (not specified time given) and still enter with credentials and enjoy parade and still maximize party time. Last year, we didn't book party since no parade viewing. 1. Frontierland is great and not as crowded, great place unless you prefer Main St. and if pre-parade party it's only on Main St. 2. Area by trashcans o_O on Main St. are typically empty and don't have to arrive as early unless large party.

I've been to Sold Out parties, including Halloween, and crowds haven't been an issue. Hub area always crowded. If you have a plan, prioritize, arrive early, you can do a lot. I've met J&S, 7D, Minnie & Daisy, Alice, QoH and Tweedles, parade, fireworks, rides, HP show, all of the Magic Shots and all on Halloween.

Happy planning!:maleficen

New to this thread. We just decided to go end of Oct. I have a few questions.

-I've been to many Christmas Parties and 1 Halloween party (12 years ago) and BTMRR was always open. Why was this even a question this year? I am glad it's open but I am surprised it was even a question. Why?
-Do the halloween MB do anything special other than look cute? I don't like to spend money on something I get for free. LOL.. I already have over 20 MB to my name that causes problem. LOL.
-It's been a very long time since I have done a Halloween party. What is not to be missed? Is it better than the Christmas party? I hope so because we are done buying tickets to the Christmas party.

Thank you.

I have a question in regards to the Touring Plans list of the least crowded party dates. Does WDW not have the same guest limit for each party? If they do have the same limit of tickets sold for each party night, then wouldn’t all sold out parties be equally crowded?
Thing is that crowds at the parties can vary based on what the guests on any particular night. Some guests utilize the parties to hit the rides with generally much shorter waits than during regular hours. Others are there to meet lots of exclusive characters. Some come out to trick or treat and just enjoy the parade/fireworks. If i am not mistaken Touring Plans list is based on ride wait times. So if you are planning to attend the party for party specific activities (parade, TOT, characters, fireworks) you may have a totally different opinion than touring plans or others who just go for the rides.
I’m sure tonight the rides (minus the ones with the new effects) won’t be as busy since there will be tons of bloggers and Disney planners there to write up their experiences at the 1st party.

-I've been to many Christmas Parties and 1 Halloween party (12 years ago) and BTMRR was always open. Why was this even a question this year? I am glad it's open but I am surprised it was even a question. Why?

BTMR was missing on the "open attractions" list on Disney's MNSSHP page up until a few days ago. That led to rampant speculation/confusion (although was probably just a website copywriter messing with us). But all appears right in the world again now. :-)

-It's been a very long time since I have done a Halloween party. What is not to be missed? Is it better than the Christmas party? I hope so because we are done buying tickets to the Christmas party.

While I can make a case for both for different reasons, we prefer MNSSHP. The last few years we've debated a MNSSHP trip vs a MVMCP trip and MNSSHP has consistently won out. The theming, the vibe, the decorations, the excitement, the parade. I also think the treat trails do a better job at spreading people out in the park, vs MVMCP which always seems to kind of be a zoo in the Hub all night long.

Are there any AP holders who are going to the party during the last week of August? I'm in love with the Orange bird pin, but not in enough love that I'll buy an AP just to get one. I'm happy to swap my SotMK card or something else.....? (hope this post isn't against the rules)

New to this thread. We just decided to go end of Oct. I have a few questions.

1. -I've been to many Christmas Parties and 1 Halloween party (12 years ago) and BTMRR was always open. Why was this even a question this year? I am glad it's open but I am surprised it was even a question. Why?

2.-Do the halloween MB do anything special other than look cute? I don't like to spend money on something I get for free. LOL.. I already have over 20 MB to my name that causes problem. LOL.
3. -It's been a very long time since I have done a Halloween party. What is not to be missed? Is it better than the Christmas party? I hope so because we are done buying tickets to the Christmas party.

Thank you.

1. BTMRR wasn’t listed on the open attractions when they initially posted the list (seems like an over sight) which sparked the concern

3. I’d say Boo To You parade and the Headless Horseman are not to be missed
I love the magic shots as well (dancing haunted mansion ghosts, grave diggers, hitchhiking ghosts, etc)
Also the Cadaver Dans
The stage show was just ok in my opinion
If you are into characters Jack Sparrow is a hoot. So was Cruella but looks unsure if she will be there now that they changed her spot to trick or treat location.
I would say it is different than the Christmas party. Personally I love the Halloween feel they create on Main Street and in Frontierland/Adventureland.
Haunted Mansion is really well done too. I love the Boo to You parade and Headless Horseman but we have gone 3 years in a row and after attending our 1st Christmas party last year my husband said he was getting tired of the Halloween party and liked the Christmas party and parade better.

I’m going to the first party tonight. Never been to the party here. Questions:

1) I have a fastpass to meet cinderella and somebody or other at 4:50 to 5:30. Do you think this is the latest ending time? I won’t spend time trying to modify it if all fastpass windows are ending at 5:30. It has been so hot and sunny this week, I don’t want to get to the park too early and poop out.

2) I promised a friend I would get the Pluto Halloween 2018 pin for her. Where are these sold? Only during party with wristband?

3) how do we know where the Magic Shots are?

1. Possibly, park closes at 6pm.

2. Post #1 will be updated when this info is released and/or reported from 1st party tonight. Post #3 includes links from previous posts for past info. Last year trading pins....
Party-exclusive merchandise is available at the following locations:
Big Top Souvenirs, New Fantasyland
Emporium, Main Street, U.S.A.
Frontier Trading Post, Frontierland (Trading Pins)

3. Post #1 will be updated when released. For 2017 info,
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...-so-scary-halloween-party-boo-to-you.3580223/, on occasion locations change from year to year.

Magic Shots (2017 Info)

Magic Shots this year include the Headless Horseman (Main Entrance of Magic Kingdom), Haunted Mansion Animation (Town Square looking down Main Street), A Grim Grinning Ghost/Ghost Coach Driver (Hearse in front of Haunted Mansion), a Pumpkin Patch (Town Square), Haunted Mansion Dancing Ghosts (Main Street, U.S.A.), Dancing Skeleton Specialty (Outside of Ariel’s Grotto in New Fantasyland, after dark), the Apple (Around the Park), & the Scary Pumpkin.

Previously, the Spooks for a Ghoulish Delight (Main Street, U.S.A.), the Mansion Ghost (Haunted Mansion) & Hitchhiking Ghosts (In Front of the Rocking Chairs Next to The Hall of Presidents in Liberty Square).
Will they be available this year?

So my last two posts were written as others were also answering lol so sorry for duplicate thoughts.
Question though-do we think that Cruella could possibly be in the tent with the dwarves? The have it set up with two separate lines during the day but I’m thinking that the dwarves probably need that whole area with as long as their lines gets. Otherwise it is hard to see where they moved her meet.
Also it appears to me from the map that Moana will meet in the Tiki Room this year instead of in that stroller parking area between Jungle Cruise and Swiss Family Robinson. Wonder how that will affect the ability to line up early/what time she comes out? Doesn’t the Tiki Room stay open until 6 when park closes?

So my last two posts were written as others were also answering lol so sorry for duplicate thoughts.
Question though-do we think that Cruella could possibly be in the tent with the dwarves? The have it set up with two separate lines during the day but I’m thinking that the dwarves probably need that whole area with as long as their lines gets. Otherwise it is hard to see where they moved her meet.
Also it appears to me from the map that Moana will meet in the Tiki Room this year instead of in that stroller parking area between Jungle Cruise and Swiss Family Robinson. Wonder how that will affect the ability to line up early/what time she comes out? Doesn’t the Tiki Room stay open until 6 when park closes?

The tiki room has been a candy trail in the past. Does the map still list it as so? I don't have a picture of the map in front of me.

Good question. FYI, the Tiki Room appears to have 5pm scheduled closings on party days per the WDW website (change the date on the calendar on the right): https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/enchanted-tiki-room/

I have a question about the dessert parties

I’ve done the Tomorrowland Terrace before but not the cheaper one with the plaza Garden viewing, where is this viewing spot located?
TIA

I have a question about the dessert parties

I’ve done the Tomorrowland Terrace before but not the cheaper one with the plaza Garden viewing, where is this viewing spot located?
TIA

If you're facing the castle from main Street it's on the right hand side by the ice cream parlor. It's the fenced in grass area. Really a very good view. There are a couple trees and light poles that can block a little bit of the view. But I like that area.

We'll be entering the park around 3:30ish, but no later than 4. Should we be at the Emporium or Big Top Souvenirs right at 7 to get the party exclusive merch or can we wait until later in the night?

FYI, the first few posts of this thread have a lot of pics and a description of the area: MK "Happily Ever After" Dessert Party (Parties) Discussion Thread

For a map view, it’s the Plaza Garden East which is circled in pink below:
View attachment 344392
Does anyone know if both of the areas circled in the picture above will be closed for dessert parties or only the pink one? We like to stand in the area circled in orange so if it will be closed, will make a Plan B.

Fall decorations arrive at the Magic Kingdom

https://www.wdwmagic.com/events/mic...l-decorations-arrive-at-the-magic-kingdom.htm

Mickeys-Not-So-Scary-Halloween-Party_Full_33278.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter